Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LiveRC Raceway in Green Bay, WI

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 09:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default LiveRC Raceway in Green Bay, WI

I've been getting a couple PM's from people asking about a track I am building, so I thought it would be easier to start a thread on it and post some updates. The track is officially just a "practice" track, but it will be open to anyone who wants to come run. All I ask is that you call before you come out to make sure I am home, and pitch in a little time to keep the track in good shape, or pitch in a couple bucks for gas for the skid steer/tractor. Maybe next year I will try to get one or two organized races for electric, and neighbors permitting, nitro as well. There are only 2 neighbors, and they seem super cool so far.

The track dimensions are 165 x 90, give or take a couple feet once its all done. It should be plenty big for nitro, but not too big for electric. The track will be pure red clay, so traction should be really high as far as outdoor tracks go. I'm putting in a watering system similar to Leisure Hours' setup to keep it wet and tire wear descent.

We broke ground on the track on Friday night. I'll get some pictures posted shortly. Feel free to post any questions/comments on this thread.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Here is a couple "before" pics of the track's location. These were taken Friday evening.
Attached Thumbnails LiveRC Raceway in Green Bay, WI-dsc_0070.jpg   LiveRC Raceway in Green Bay, WI-dsc_0071.jpg   LiveRC Raceway in Green Bay, WI-dsc_0075.jpg  
Old 07-27-2009, 10:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Here are a couple pics after the track area is cut and cleared. I got really lucky on hauling in some dirt also...about a mile and a half from the track, they are building a huge sports medicine complex and they are digging 3 stories deep. The dirt they are removing is pure clay, and the excavating company was hauling the clay 20 miles round trip to get rid of it. I called them up, and they were more than happy to re-route the dump trucks to my house since it was closer. They dropped off about 6 truck loads on Friday before they were done for the weekend, and more loads are coming on Monday (today).
Attached Thumbnails LiveRC Raceway in Green Bay, WI-dsc_0086.jpg   LiveRC Raceway in Green Bay, WI-dsc_0098.jpg   LiveRC Raceway in Green Bay, WI-dsc_0099.jpg  
Old 07-27-2009, 10:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

On Saturday we tilled the entire track to get a level base to start with and to till under some of the cut grass. The tilled area kind of marks out where the actual track area will be. Also attached is a closeup picture of what the dirt will be like.
Attached Thumbnails LiveRC Raceway in Green Bay, WI-dsc_0103.jpg   LiveRC Raceway in Green Bay, WI-dsc_0105.jpg   LiveRC Raceway in Green Bay, WI-dsc_0088.jpg  
Old 07-27-2009, 10:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Today the construction site down the road is back to work, so they have their whole dump truck crew going back and forth to the track. As of the time lunch break, here is a picture of how much dirt is here so far. Its about 1/3 finished. With all the dirt, we should be able to have the track raised up to drain off rain water really well, and also have enough dirt to make some killer elevation changes.
Attached Thumbnails LiveRC Raceway in Green Bay, WI-dsc_0118.jpg   LiveRC Raceway in Green Bay, WI-dsc_0119.jpg   LiveRC Raceway in Green Bay, WI-dsc_0121.jpg  
Old 07-27-2009, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator

about where is this located?
Old 07-27-2009, 11:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by roadrashracing
about where is this located?
About a mile off Hwy 172 and GV
Old 07-27-2009, 11:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

You'll be done tomorrow with a track build right? J/K

Can't wait to come up and try the new place out sometime soon!
Old 07-27-2009, 10:32 PM
Super Moderator

wow 5 min from my house
Must be down by the mr golf area
do you plan on working on sunday?
Old 07-27-2009, 11:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey Brandon.....That is literaly 2 minutes down the road from my house. Any time you need help just let me know, i work nights & no Fridays so i have time.
Originally Posted by Brandon Rohde
About a mile off Hwy 172 and GV
Old 07-28-2009, 08:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hi guys,

Anytime you want to help out, feel free to call or txt me. 920-246-1845. I'll be working on it a ton in the next few weeks, but after 5pm. I have my normal day job I need to do still Also pretty much all day on the weekends. This weekend will be the only exception... my bday is on Sunday so I have some plans with the family/friends.

If you want to swing by to check it out, feel free. Just give me a call. I work from home, so I am always here. The address is 3545 Bower Creek Rd. in De Pere. Its literally the first driveway after Bellvue into the Ledgeview/De Pere zip code. Its a shared driveway, I'm on the right.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by recareikoor
Hey Brandon.....That is literaly 2 minutes down the road from my house. Any time you need help just let me know, i work nights & no Fridays so i have time.
Just curious, who are you? Sorry, I don't recognize the screen name.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

my name is craig schuler, i race out @ d.h. a lot in the winter. ive got the purple, orange, green RB5 & T4. & now im running an x-ray xt8 that you helped me get the servo linkages for out @ d.h. about a month ago.
Originally Posted by Brandon Rohde
Just curious, who are you? Sorry, I don't recognize the screen name.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Smile

Last edited by ShibbyUTD; 03-06-2012 at 05:29 PM.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:20 PM
Tech Regular

do you live by the lamers on gv?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.