Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2004, 08:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by rc-zombies
I may have to visit Alan this weekend or sometime next week after work...
Allen told me this week that they had a stock of CTS bodies
Old 10-01-2004, 11:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Here's the other body I painted early this year:
Attached Thumbnails Hpi Pro 4-pro4-mazda6-004.jpg  
Old 10-02-2004, 01:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Holy crap, I finally got caught back up on this thread...started on page 124...

Has anyone tried Tamiya TRF Pisions in the HPI shocks? I know square or someone makes pistions designed for the HPI shocks, but I just have so freaking many of the trf pistions.

Chris?!?!? Moving to a Pro 4?!?!?! Dude, I thought you ate and breathed Tamiya?!?!? ROFL
Old 10-02-2004, 04:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally posted by rc-zombies
Here's the other body I painted early this year:
sweet
Old 10-02-2004, 05:43 AM
Tech Master

looking good Ramon!
how much are you gonna sell one for?
Old 10-02-2004, 05:48 AM
Tech Adept

Default wish I bought Tamiya

Well I have had my pro4 for over 2 months and have still not been able to use it. First I was slow in building it and then I had to wait to get the version 1.1 gears. Then when I was assembling the shocks I found I had 2 purple caps that were not threaded all the way so they wouldn't seal the tops of the shocks. It has been almost 1 month since they were ordered and sent by HPI. What a waste of my money, I should have bought an Evo-4, atleast if I need parts there is a distributor in this country and I do not have to deal with shipping from the US and deal with Customs. Oh well, I will know for next time I guess.
Just venting, thanks.
Old 10-02-2004, 05:58 AM
Tech Master

Dude...
You just had bad luck.
You really didn't have to wait for the V1.1 gears and the purple caps should be found at most hobbystores that stocks HPI stuff for very little money.
I do feel for you because when you get a new car, you really want to test it out asap but having to wait 2 months + must suck...

Where are you located btw?
I am @ Younge & Finch
Old 10-02-2004, 07:21 AM
Tech Regular

Nice Ramon. TIme to try the new car out today.
Old 10-02-2004, 07:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I just ran my pro4 for the first time last night, thing was so smooth it seemed slow, but turned the fastest laps of the night and was TQ.
Csilve- I have the same problem with my purple shock tops, a quick fix that I used was to use 2 of the small diff shims between the black eyelet and the purple cap. Mine were only threaded til the bottom of the small air hole and won't tighten all the way.
Anyone else had major tweak issues? I checked shock length, everything is free, droop is right. I haven't done the top deck mod, but probably should. Tweak was right out of the box worse then my TC3 on its worse day. Still, once everything is dialed in the Pro4 will be ballistic.
Old 10-02-2004, 07:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by artwork
Does everyone use tape to hold batteries in or do you use the supplied hold down?
I don't know if this has been corected but in the manual It shows that you need to put the two black spacers between the screw for the holder (the one with the hole for the clip) and the standoff. If you have the spacer, take it out. It's not needed and it takes preasure away from the bar and can lead to the batteries poping out. Also as someone sugested put some of the adhesive foam on the bottom of the bar it will help.
Old 10-02-2004, 09:32 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks guy's but I've decided to get rid of the car. Going to stay with Tamiya. The Pro4 looks great in the garbage can.
Old 10-02-2004, 12:22 PM
Tech Adept

I race lastnight and i was 4th in mod 12class. I use Hara`s ROAR Nats set-up and i have to say the car was amaising cool to drive with this.

Only what i change was front stabilizer 1.6>> to 1.4 and AE gold front springs.

Let`s rock.

C-ya
Old 10-02-2004, 03:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by csilve
Thanks guy's but I've decided to get rid of the car. Going to stay with Tamiya. The Pro4 looks great in the garbage can.
come on man, have some patience. or atleast don't come on the Pro 4 thread and complain, then refuse any advice.
Old 10-02-2004, 03:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by dizzy1
I just ran my pro4 for the first time last night, thing was so smooth it seemed slow, but turned the fastest laps of the night and was TQ.
Csilve- I have the same problem with my purple shock tops, a quick fix that I used was to use 2 of the small diff shims between the black eyelet and the purple cap. Mine were only threaded til the bottom of the small air hole and won't tighten all the way.
Anyone else had major tweak issues? I checked shock length, everything is free, droop is right. I haven't done the top deck mod, but probably should. Tweak was right out of the box worse then my TC3 on its worse day. Still, once everything is dialed in the Pro4 will be ballistic.
what's the upper deck mod?

did you put on the upperdeck stabalizer, the curved post that connects the upper deck to the lowerdeck?
Old 10-02-2004, 04:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Pucho,

I am kinda spring whore. Never know who has " the right spring".
My Mi2 has been awesome and only gets better.

Originally posted by pucho
Tim: Lookign for new options?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.