Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
RT281 Raceway "Off-road" Friedens, PA 15501 >

RT281 Raceway "Off-road" Friedens, PA 15501

RT281 Raceway "Off-road" Friedens, PA 15501

Old 08-05-2012, 03:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Be gone this weekend again! Hopefully make it down the Weekend after or Weekend of my B-Day!!! The 4WD SCT is getting re-vamped so won't be running it. Gotta get some practice and races under my belt with the 2WD SCT and the E-Buggy!!!
Old 08-05-2012, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Ok so question for anyone who watched the 2wd SCT video. So I'm the silver and blue truck, that at the start....doesn't. I pulled the trigger as soon as the tone sounded and I had time to think to myself "why isnt it goi" before it started. WTF is that about?

Thoughts?

Battery was just charged 2S 50C Lipo. There's a glitch buster on the RX. Radio is a Spektrum DX2S. I didn't have this issue before and the only thing new is the glitch buster...I only added that for insurance...never had any glitching issues before.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grasschopper
So I'm the silver and blue truck, that at the start....doesn't.
Thought you just didn't time the starting sound, I was right behind you & I was worried about getting pushed from behind, due to no speed on straightaway (17.5 no boost) Hopefully to soon resolve. I had to swerve so as not to rear end you.

Again sorry about the bump going into sweeper corner, thought I saw opening inside + racing for position, but it wouldn't hold that line. In looking at vehicle today my front tires just didn't have the traction needed to pull off that move.

Big THANKS to Tyler & Tony & anyone for helping to get track race worthy before I got there after the down pour it endured. This is the type of effort that can set tracks apart & makes me proud to be a part of.

Thanks fella's
Old 08-05-2012, 10:12 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wildchild40
good videos tyler i could not make that triple now i know to roll over it
Just watched video & that jump gave you fits!!! But to be honest, don't look at it as a triple, but as the double it used to be & roll the third jump. The first 2 didn't change, unless you were over jumping it, before the third mound of dirt was added? Then just better throttle control is needed.
Take care
Eric
Old 08-06-2012, 04:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Sportin' Wood
Thought you just didn't time the starting sound, I was right behind you & I was worried about getting pushed from behind, due to no speed on straightaway (17.5 no boost) Hopefully to soon resolve. I had to swerve so as not to rear end you.

Again sorry about the bump going into sweeper corner, thought I saw opening inside + racing for position, but it wouldn't hold that line. In looking at vehicle today my front tires just didn't have the traction needed to pull off that move.
Nope I pulled the trigger and....

....waited for the stupid truck to start going.

Thanks again for the sportsmanship, not something you see out of everyone.

I almost have both trucks clean and hope to finish that tonight so that I can start putting them back together. It will just be me this weekend so I will focus on mine first. Want to rebuild the shocks and make sure everything is running well before Saturday. I also want to try to get a new hi-flow body painted and see if it really helps the jumping. I felt like I had no shot at the double this week for whatever reason. May work on the balance of the truck as well...take some weight from the back and put it in the front.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Nope I pulled the trigger and....

....waited for the stupid truck to start going.

Thanks again for the sportsmanship, not something you see out of everyone.

I almost have both trucks clean and hope to finish that tonight so that I can start putting them back together. It will just be me this weekend so I will focus on mine first. Want to rebuild the shocks and make sure everything is running well before Saturday. I also want to try to get a new hi-flow body painted and see if it really helps the jumping. I felt like I had no shot at the double this week for whatever reason. May work on the balance of the truck as well...take some weight from the back and put it in the front.
What speed control are you using? The mamba's can be known for this. Also I have seen where the radio does not bind right when powered on. Be sure to turn your radio on first then the car.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jmackani
What speed control are you using? The mamba's can be known for this. Also I have seen where the radio does not bind right when powered on. Be sure to turn your radio on first then the car.
Am I allowed to not answer the ESC question? LOL How about this...a Hobbywing V2.1 120a rip off ESC from a company that starts with B.

I think I did power the truck on before the radio...I will test that some this week. I really haven't had this problem with this radio/esc before...the motor is new. Could that cause it? The motor is a Viper VST13.5T sensored brushless motor.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:26 AM
Tech Champion

Am I allowed to not answer the ESC question? LOL How about this...a Hobbywing V2.1 120a rip off ESC from a company that starts with B.

I think I did power the truck on before the radio...I will test that some this week. I really haven't had this problem with this radio/esc before...the motor is new. Could that cause it? The motor is a Viper VST13.5T sensored brushless motor.
Is the speed controller sensored also? I am not familiar with the product line. Could be a bad sensor wire or a sensor board on the motor.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jmackani
Is the speed controller sensored also? I am not familiar with the product line. Could be a bad sensor wire or a sensor board on the motor.
Yes. Sensor wire and motor are new last week and never overheated (or run much really other than bench testing). The ESC has been good for several races with a different motor. I will beep out the sensor cable and make sure it is good.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:58 AM
Tech Champion

Yes. Sensor wire and motor are new last week and never overheated (or run much really other than bench testing). The ESC has been good for several races with a different motor. I will beep out the sensor cable and make sure it is good.
Check all of your solder connections also.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)
Unhappy Hobby Wing???

If your running a hobby wing, I seen the same thing happen sunday! The guy in front of me just sat there and everybody else pounded the trigger. His when he came back to the pits was making a constant beeping noise! Do you have another esc or a viper esc to try??? I don't mix and match, but that is just me. I run Viper Viper or Tekin Tekin!!! 2 new short course trucks for the kids are getting Viper Copperheads with 3900KV Motors. Im running a 8.5 in my sct and a 5150 in my scte. But I don't know! And yes I have had that problem with castle. To the point had six cars rearend me @ another track.

Should be able to race the last two weekends of this month. I'll prob be bringing the kidz down to run all of theres. Is the track gonna be open on Sunday's for practice???
Old 08-06-2012, 01:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

RAC race info all money goes to a great cause!

http://events.rcsignup.com/events/di...nt.cfm?ID=2722
Old 08-06-2012, 01:23 PM
Tech Regular

Receiver antenna wire ok ? I had mine act up before & just turned out to be that wire came loose from board. small solder joint was all that was needed. Just a thought.
Good luck
Old 08-06-2012, 02:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Don't forget, we will be racing this Saturday again
Old 08-06-2012, 02:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

and we will have the lights finished and figured out by then!!!! so we have 5 pm start times again!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.