Going to get a ESC, which one?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Going to get a ESC, which one?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2004, 09:22 AM
Tech Regular

Bit off subject but X2 i have a lrp quantum comp (1) and at the moment it don't work, i was wondering if you have to do anything special to get it fixed by helgar or replaced

Chazz
Old 10-06-2004, 09:42 AM
Tech Initiate

If you can read German, GM SX12W may be a good choice.
Old 10-06-2004, 10:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Tekin

You can't beat this:
http://www.hobbyshopper.com/tekin.html

I use to run the others, but now this. Why pay more? The G-10Pro+ is smoother than anything else I've tried and or has more punch. It's completely adjustable for any vehicle.
Old 10-06-2004, 10:55 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: LRP

Originally posted by psbarger
Free replacement only applies during the first 90 days, and you have to have a recipt to prove it, at least in the US. After that repair/replacement charges are up to about $40.
damn that fine print!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-06-2004, 11:20 AM
X2
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Chazz
Bit off subject but X2 i have a lrp quantum comp (1) and at the moment it don't work, i was wondering if you have to do anything special to get it fixed by helgar or replaced

Chazz
I THINK the quantum 1 had only a 90 day warrenty, but dont quote me on that. If you are going to send it, just post it in a Jiffy bag to them with the warrenty card filled out and a note explaining what happend to it and why it stopped working.
Ive sent off a few Nosrams now and they have all came back as a new unit, they dont seem to be bothering to rapair them, but that may just be the fact that the Evo's circuits are coated in silicone for the waterproofing making it nearly impossible to do.
Old 10-06-2004, 11:35 AM
Tech Addict

i would personally not get another ko speed controller because it has just stopped working for no apparent reason twice, the first time i sent it back to the uk distributer and the fixed it for £20 and now this time i cant be bother paying another £20 for me not doing anything wrong in the use of the speed controller. i was using it on carpet doing 27 turn racing so it hasnt got wet or blown due to too much amps being drawn
Old 10-06-2004, 12:36 PM
Tech Champion

So nobody here is mtronik fans ?? hmmm.....

( I'm not either, but I'm willing to give it a try ).
Old 10-06-2004, 12:56 PM
Tech Adept

I'm going to buy the Mtronics Cirrus ASAP, since it is 110% wateproof, and costs nearly half of the Q2 and Dominator Evo.
At our Off-Road Nationals one person used a Cirrus, without any form of protection, and it worked flawless the whole weekend.
This is in Norway, and it had rained for three weeks or so.....
The person with a boat surely would have won!
Everyone exept him, blew one or a couple of regulators.
Gott damn clay-water, screws up everything!

Old 10-06-2004, 01:00 PM
X2
Tech Regular

The Only waterproof speedos I would trust are the whole MRT range and the Vega's. Every Cirrus I have known has blown up for no reason or in the wet (seriously).
The Vega V3 is also about half the price of the Q2
Old 10-06-2004, 01:07 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by asw7576
Hi mafiaracers, I'm the Godfather and I would ask you about mtronik Sonic4 Sprint

Is mtronik considered a good brand? made in where ?

Do you know the BEC voltage for Sonic4 Sprint ? Thx a lot !!!

I'm thinking to get that because it's cheap, water proof, good performance up to 8T.

MTroniks is a UK company. For a hardcore raer I wouldn't recommend any other than the Cirrus from them, the sprint will definately no handle an 8T. Other than that they're good speedos.
Old 10-06-2004, 01:11 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Tekin

Originally posted by JohnB
You can't beat this:
http://www.hobbyshopper.com/tekin.html

I use to run the others, but now this. Why pay more? The G-10Pro+ is smoother than anything else I've tried and or has more punch. It's completely adjustable for any vehicle.
I second you 200% on that. There's something about that G10 Pro +... Besides I never realized how cheap they were...
Old 10-06-2004, 01:18 PM
Tech Adept

Then, where can i buy the new MRT MX?
It looks good , and the specs of it is also really promising....
Old 10-06-2004, 01:22 PM
Tech Champion

Wow $100 for Tekin G10 Pro !!! it's cheap but too bad it glitchs

Read Tekin technical page
Old 10-06-2004, 01:26 PM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

I would recommend the MRT e-mail terry at MRT i know they have a outlet in the us
[email protected]
Old 10-06-2004, 03:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

ASW 7576

I like the Mtroniks a lot. Great quality and service. I used to run the M3. The only problem I had with it was that it tended to run a little hot and at the stock nats a few years ago, it blew, but I sent it in and they sent me the Cirrus....Believe it or not, I was actually the first person in America to have the Cirrus! They sent it to me right as they debued it. Now I have two of them and couldn't be happier. I have had one incident with water and it held up perfectly.

Mtroniks has great quality and service and if you're willing to spend a couple extra bucks I believe you'll be even more happy with the Cirrus over the Sprint.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.