Wiki Posts
Search

Best Touring Body for Rubber Tires

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 11:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Best Touring Body for Rubber Tires

From a newbie what is the best 1/10 Touring car body for rubber tires on an TC5, medium traction carpet.
Old 06-15-2008, 12:26 PM
Tech Addict

We run Rubber tyres on carpet in the UK quite a lot, and the main three are:

Mazda 6
DNA
Stratus
Old 06-15-2008, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chris_dono
We run Rubber tyres on carpet in the UK quite a lot, and the main three are:

Mazda 6
DNA
Stratus
Yeah the Mazda 6 and Mazda Speed 6 is where it is at apparently because when ever I get a TC body to paint it is usually the latter.
Old 06-15-2008, 12:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I believe the Mazdaspeed-6 has more front downforce than the Mazda-6 due to the nearly concave windshield. This gives the car more steering and makes the rear end more loose at speed...
Old 06-15-2008, 12:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Mazda 6..Can never go wrong with that.. Car is always under ya!!
Old 06-15-2008, 01:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 94eg!
I believe the Mazdaspeed-6 has more front downforce than the Mazda-6 due to the nearly concave windshield. This gives the car more steering and makes the rear end more loose at speed...
Yeah and it also has 1 more rib in the hood line and it is more distinct.
Old 06-15-2008, 02:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

yeah speed6 is a great choice. I really like the front downforce on the DNA but its not Roar legal. Also waiting for the new rf9 body
Old 06-15-2008, 02:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

M6 or Speed 6
Old 06-15-2008, 02:51 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by shadow102
Also waiting for the new rf9 body
Me to. I have the foam version but I haven't run it yet...looks dope though.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:17 AM
Tech Champion

If im reading this wrong apology given in advance, but if you are new to racing you will notice more difference in tyre and car setup changes than what bodyshell you are using, but the shells mentioned are worth noting
Old 06-16-2008, 06:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Not to be rude, but I think that is bad advice. IMHO, when a racer is new, taking as many variables out of the equation as possible, help the racer focus on driving. If, say you take the body out.. then they don't have to worry about it, and focus on other things.

Originally Posted by tc3team
If im reading this wrong apology given in advance, but if you are new to racing you will notice more difference in tyre and car setup changes than what bodyshell you are using, but the shells mentioned are worth noting
Old 06-16-2008, 06:55 AM
Tech Champion

Ive not said anywhere to take it out of the equation, but to consider changing other things first but to also consider the shells listed

If the car isnt gripping because it hasnt got the right tyres, a different body is not going to help even the most seasoned racer out there.

The majority of newcomers to racing will be in the stock class. With the lack of speed in this class, the areodynamics of the car are less important than modified.

Im not going to argue black is white, but what I have wrote already is there (and unedited) for all to see... Make of it what you will.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TimPotter
Not to be rude, but I think that is bad advice. IMHO, when a racer is new, taking as many variables out of the equation as possible, help the racer focus on driving. If, say you take the body out.. then they don't have to worry about it, and focus on other things.
I jumped back into the hobby last summer and while i was going around asking for setup advice every racer had their opinion as to what body was best so if i asked racer a for setup tips he would say first things first ... get a "X" body, after plopping down 25 bux for x and doing a horrible paint job even w/ only one color , i would ask racer b and he would say ... your first problem is body "X" you should have body "Y" and w/o it you are gonna be all over the place ... so what should a beginner do?

I decided that i needed to focus on understanding my car more, and getting a basic setup that got me around the track relatively consistently, that meant setup, tires, motor and battery first. I accepted that my body may not be the 'best' but it was adequate and once i reached the performance ceiling or i couldn't tune out a particular car behavior i'd change bodies.

Last thing was understanding WHY the racers suggested body X over body Y, which i saw in this thread (and actually never knew before) was that one had more front down force vs the other etc. That should help you decide what body is right for your car and driving style.

I used the stratus last year because it was cheap and eradily available i switched to a DNA/DNA 2 this year and plan to step up to a mazda 6 (my car has TONS AND TONS of steering don't need more haha). Honestly i'm not good enough to tell the difference hahah .
Old 06-16-2008, 07:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Seriously, not trying to be malicious at all.... Just saying, the way I read your statement, was it is not important....

See the way I look at it... is this....

1. Getting newer or new people up to speed quick,. helps to keep them in the hobby ( which, at least in the US, we need more people... and bad )

2. Getting the car setup with a "Standard handling" body like the Mazda 6 will help to facilitate the racer to focus on other parts of the car, and not try to overcome any handling issues becuase of running a VW Jetta body...

3. IMHO, what Cubic is doing, is spot on... Asking what product works, so he does not have to waste time and money figuring out what does not work, be it , Tires, Body, motors... whatever....

4. He will learn from trial and error on setup and tuning, but it is a huge amount of data to digest, and every little bit that other racers help, will help to keep new racers interested. So just buying the body that works will allow him to work on the setup....

Like I said in my previous post, this is just my Humble Opinion... I have been wrong before, maybe I am on this, but I do not feel so.

Originally Posted by tc3team
Ive not said anywhere to take it out of the equation, but to consider changing other things first but to also consider the shells listed

If the car isnt gripping because it hasnt got the right tyres, a different body is not going to help even the most seasoned racer out there.

The majority of newcomers to racing will be in the stock class. With the lack of speed in this class, the areodynamics of the car are less important than modified.

Im not going to argue black is white, but what I have wrote already is there (and unedited) for all to see... Make of it what you will.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Funny you bring up a VW jetta, i was running a TVR body on my car and was ready to jump right back out of the hobby because my car handled like crap i couldn't imagine that a body would make THAT big of a difference to the handling of my car. A fellow racer gave me a stratus and i ran that instead of the tvr and what a difference it made!! I was having fun because my car could actually get around the track kinda hahaah.

So i guess i see both sides of this coin ... doesn't help making a body choice easier though .

Originally Posted by TimPotter
Seriously, not trying to be malicious at all.... Just saying, the way I read your statement, was it is not important....

See the way I look at it... is this....

1. Getting newer or new people up to speed quick,. helps to keep them in the hobby ( which, at least in the US, we need more people... and bad )

2. Getting the car setup with a "Standard handling" body like the Mazda 6 will help to facilitate the racer to focus on other parts of the car, and not try to overcome any handling issues becuase of running a VW Jetta body...

3. IMHO, what Cubic is doing, is spot on... Asking what product works, so he does not have to waste time and money figuring out what does not work, be it , Tires, Body, motors... whatever....

4. He will learn from trial and error on setup and tuning, but it is a huge amount of data to digest, and every little bit that other racers help, will help to keep new racers interested. So just buying the body that works will allow him to work on the setup....

Like I said in my previous post, this is just my Humble Opinion... I have been wrong before, maybe I am on this, but I do not feel so.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.