Wiki Posts
Search

TRAXXAS XO-1 @ The PRI Show in Orlando This Past Weekend Dec.1,2 & 3

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 06:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default TRAXXAS XO-1 @ The PRI Show in Orlando This Past Weekend Dec.1,2 & 3

I was lucky enough to see and speak to the people at TRAXXAS about the new addition to there family. The radio is amazing and so is the car. The car was sitting on a AWD Dyno Roller. With the car on the dyno, they were able to display all the functions of the vehicle and the radio. All I can say is WOW. I will post pictures up after I fix my computer.

The XO-1 was also on display for people to look at and touch. I was able to pick it up and look at the 3 years of work it took to build this car. I was also informed that the vehicles ride height drops as the speed increases. To add to that, I was told it drops enough to were it is very stable at high speed. The motor is huge when you compare it to most other motors.

The car is still scheduled to be released on time. I think the demand for the car will keep most of us waiting due to the high demand.

I did ask why the unique scale size. I was told that this was the only way to have the car built. The scale they chose is with everything fit snug as a perfect fit - which was their goal.

I almost forgot to mention, if you like the radio so much - you will be able to own one. Rumor has it that there will be a TRAXXAS Radio Trade IN. You will receive $100 credit towards the purchase of a new radio.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:48 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I have seen the videos and it looks impressive. Traxxas definitely went outside the box on this one. Me not being a Traxxas fan, you will not see me dropping the $1000 plus on this car.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I like traxxas products....but no way would I drop a grand on this....they put to many people out on the price tag......bad move.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by streetfreek
I like traxxas products....but no way would I drop a grand on this....they put to many people out on the price tag......bad move.
I believe that is just the "suggested retail" price, actual "street" price Im assuming will be much lower....such as the Revo 3.3 "suggested retail" price is $1070....when was the last time you saw a new Revo in any hobby store for that amount??.....Im going to guess it to be around the $650ish ball park...just a guess as I am not affiliated with anything....just a guess
Old 12-05-2011, 02:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rpmhobbies
I believe that is just the "suggested retail" price, actual "street" price Im assuming will be much lower....such as the Revo 3.3 "suggested retail" price is $1070....when was the last time you saw a new Revo in any hobby store for that amount??.....Im going to guess it to be around the $650ish ball park...just a guess as I am not affiliated with anything....just a guess
Well...a little more research and I found out...WOW it really is around a grand!!!! Apparently "suggested retail" is $1900!!!!!......sheesh....better be REALLY cool !!!!
Old 12-05-2011, 04:11 PM
Super Moderator

tower has them for likme 1100 I think it was
Old 12-06-2011, 06:38 AM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e9VU0jIdUQ

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

I took this video at PRI. Enjoy...
Old 12-06-2011, 08:11 AM
Tech Master

Wow, thanks for the vid & info! I sold my nitro gear and still looking forward to this one!
Old 12-06-2011, 02:17 PM
Tech Regular

So...how much of yer $1000.00 is left after one misshap...????...I like to go fast ..but I like my hard earned money alot more...not saying this car isn't as bad ass as they come,it is.but a fool and his money soon part.and I hope yer lawyer is on speed dial if you hit someone.100mph is too fast for the general hooby people. this is asking for trouble.I'm not knocking the car it's just not for me or anyone with too much money and not enough brains to handle this much power. someone will be hurt or even killed buy this car ....wait and see...
Old 12-06-2011, 02:52 PM
Tech Addict

you right .:-( anyone know what kind of tires they are? i see no balloning at all.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

check out the traxxas website, it says they are belted tires
Old 12-06-2011, 05:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Dont forget or if you didnt know this....

The car doesnt do 100mph right out of the box...U need to have a Iphone or Ipod Touch and download an app which allows you to have the telemetry feature on yer phone that is mounted to the remote and at some point thats when it unlocks more driving profiles. Kinda Odd but thats what ive been told when looking at into this car

Still a bad@ss car and looks real tough but you would never have the space to really open it up and enjoy it and you will need to have an aerial view
Old 12-06-2011, 06:17 PM
Tech Addict

i know. u need a dam race track. they havnt said what happpens at 100 if u hit a pebble lol
have to give them major credit though cause it really cool.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by streetfreek
So...how much of yer $1000.00 is left after one misshap...????...I like to go fast ..but I like my hard earned money alot more...not saying this car isn't as bad ass as they come,it is.but a fool and his money soon part.and I hope yer lawyer is on speed dial if you hit someone.100mph is too fast for the general hooby people. this is asking for trouble.I'm not knocking the car it's just not for me or anyone with too much money and not enough brains to handle this much power. someone will be hurt or even killed buy this car ....wait and see...
lol.. they're gonna have to offer a "crash kit" for this car... "Welcome to the XO..." Here is a kit for the right side, should you crash. OR, just in case, here is a kit for the left side, should you hit a pebble..."

lol.. i still want one... i'd play my cards and say this would be cheaper for me than a 30 sized heli... the first time or two...
Old 12-12-2011, 02:17 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

An erevo is not cheap, and those sell like hotcakes lol. This will sell, and may be what is needed to bring on road into popularity again. Then all the haters will still bash Traxxas lol, and say that on road was already coming back.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.