Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New 1/10 SCT

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 05:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default New 1/10 SCT

Hello everyone. I have been into this SCT business with my strike for a year now. I've had lots of problems with this truck, and I think I am ready to move on to a different one, preferably better than the strike. I am looking for something durable, and a good racer, but preferably a good racer.
Old 06-19-2011, 05:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I'd personally go with either the Losi XXX-SCT or the Associated SC10. Both are capable of racing well, durable, and almost always have parts support.
Old 06-19-2011, 05:35 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Kyosho Ultima SC. Just replaced my SC10 which I've raced the last 6 months with the Ultima. Hands down the best racer. Kit quality is top notch. The AE is a sloppy mess in comparison.

The good newsis that the Losi Strike-out is arguably the worst SCT out there, so no matter what you buy, you'll be happier!
Old 06-19-2011, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

+1 on the Kyosho SC-R. Great handling vehicle that does everything well. Any of the top brands are also extremely good and can assist putting you on the podium.
Old 06-19-2011, 06:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Buy one that you can get local parts support.

The sc10 has rpm upgrades available, which is great for a basher.

The kyosho is a great truck, but local parts support can be none existent depending on your lhs.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I have owned a Slash, Blitz and SC10...drove a few XXX-SCT's......Slash was fun but not great racer....Blitz was very tough but I could never get it to corner well....SC10 almost turns too well but still my favorite....really went back and forth between the XXX-SCT and SC10 but I am glad I kept the SC10.

I have watched a few Kyosho's they seem to run sweet....but seem to be a little fragile....a few upgrades would probably help.

Just see what you can get parts easily for.....XXX-SCT and SC10 are both great racers....the Blitz is a great basher/good racer....around here Kyosho parts & support is hard to find.