Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
new poll requested by dragracechief .. servos servos servos.... >

new poll requested by dragracechief .. servos servos servos....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: choose your favorite servo company
hitec
42.74%
futaba
9.76%
jr
9.23%
savox
19.53%
ace/associated
6.33%
ko propo
3.96%
airtronics
4.22%
orion
1.85%
spektrum
1.58%
align
0.79%
Voters: 379. You may not vote on this poll

new poll requested by dragracechief .. servos servos servos....

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 01:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brandon Melton
I am in the same boat, I heard nothing but raves about Hitec, so I jumped on the bandwagon for a steering servo in my truggy. On the 2nd race day it quit working, and it too was a 7954. It was only ran on LIFe and not even full 7.4 lipo. I sent it in, and based on everyone's remarks, I assume they will take care of the issue, but having them replaced free still doesn't erase a DNF. I guess maybe I should have gone with a 7955 but I wanted an "HV" servo. Maybe it was a fluke, I am always willing to give the benefit of the doubt, but if they repair it and it goes out again, it will go in the trash and not back to Hitec, lol.

I used 1015's in it for a year with no issues, just wanted more torque for the truck steering.
Originally Posted by dragracechief
I recently swiched to Savox because I wanted to try them but I still have my AE1015's as back ups, they have worked flawlessly for over a year in my truggy. Not bad for so called buget servos!
Yep, My ACE servo's have been bullet proof, awesome, they even spent 12 months on unreg lipo, now they are on LIFE, and as reliable as ever (in my buggy).

Also, I'm about to try a new servo (for my truggy) from bluebird, Brushless and HV, pretty sure no other manufacture has that out, although I could be wrong. Now i know in the past, bluebirds have been relatively cheap and have performed the same, but lately they seem to have really lifted their game from what I have seen.

With regards to the Hitec 7954, if the gearset cant handle the job, dont rate them at 34kg's or whatever they are, and dont tell me it's because they are steel instead of titanium, coz we all know that steel is stronger than titanium dont we , titaniums advantage is purely weight related. If Hitec can make a great servo, all of their servo's should be great.

As said, wont ever buy them again
Old 01-21-2011, 06:26 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mtbkym01
Yep, My ACE servo's have been bullet proof, awesome, they even spent 12 months on unreg lipo, now they are on LIFE, and as reliable as ever (in my buggy).

Also, I'm about to try a new servo (for my truggy) from bluebird, Brushless and HV, pretty sure no other manufacture has that out, although I could be wrong. Now i know in the past, bluebirds have been relatively cheap and have performed the same, but lately they seem to have really lifted their game from what I have seen.

With regards to the Hitec 7954, if the gearset cant handle the job, dont rate them at 34kg's or whatever they are, and dont tell me it's because they are steel instead of titanium, coz we all know that steel is stronger than titanium dont we , titaniums advantage is purely weight related. If Hitec can make a great servo, all of their servo's should be great.

As said, wont ever buy them again
Maybe we should wait and see what the Pro's would do.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

For you Savox guys, does anyone of you run their HV with a just a 6V NiMh. Wonder if they do well without running a lipo.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

hitec takes all. i have used them all and got tired of burning up gears so i took advice and went hitec. the 7950 will stay in all my cars til the end
Old 01-23-2011, 10:31 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Whatever on the hitec garbage..they are junk..and I will NEVER run one of their POS servos in anything I own!
Old 01-23-2011, 12:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oasis
Whatever on the hitec garbage..they are junk..and I will NEVER run one of their POS servos in anything I own!
I respect your choice and opinion. Apparently we have had similar days changing servos during a quals/mains that we should be in because a $150 brand new servo is gone. With Kopropo im sure my 1k+(amount i spent on their servos) of paper weights went into new technologies with rsx. But since the old 2368&86 i ran through like water failed and like i said i lost a grand in them i will not try the new rsx. The warranties on ko equipment was basically non existant for the sake of god. So i basically donated too much to them.

With jr i traded at least 7 9100 series for refurbished or nip servos and in my book they are very upstanding for the help they gave me and i actually liked the 9100s&t for performance. And my take on jr high end quality was normally good for a year until i would need an exchange. And the exchange was always easy.

The only other servo i would try on the planet, unless ko would take care of the box full of servos that i have that are un-usable dnf deterents..... would be savox. Although now after talking here online as well as with many hitec reps the 7950 is up for the duty of anything 1/8 offroad without worry.

With the rest from orion to the 1015/13, and align spektrum etc etc...there could be some good ones around but with worry free racing and wrenching on set up, not wrenching servos in and outta my ride the 7950 is not a sacrifice
Old 01-25-2011, 02:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Airtronics
Old 01-25-2011, 03:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pimprice
For you Savox guys, does anyone of you run their HV with a just a 6V NiMh. Wonder if they do well without running a lipo.
When I first received my savox hv servos I did not have my lipo batteries yet, and it ran great using the 6vnimh batt.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

if you try a ko propo rsx servo, you will no longer have any doubt which servo is best.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sickboy
if you try a ko propo rsx servo, you will no longer have any doubt which servo is best.
ya I'm liking my RSX's so far I have ran Ace POS + some off brands
and the 79xxx Hitec have been good but just wanted some thing new
so far so good
Old 01-27-2011, 08:49 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I guess they just don't know any better..
But seriously hitec is JUNK..look at what the helicopter guys use..and just so you guys know Align is made by Savox..hitec has way to many failures for me..but hey to each their own..nothing any of you hitec fanboys say will ever change my mind about hitec, they have let me down in some very big races..its just an opinion..so don't get your undies in a bunch..

Heli guys are A Moot point. They aren't after 300+ oz of torque and are more concerned about speed....we've been down this road and lets leave it at that.

didn't Jeremy specifically state "no trash talking"

You've said your beef, now move on already.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:53 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Here's my experience with ACE.

Countless Gear set and Top case failure's to count.

Brass VS Titanium

Old 01-27-2011, 07:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

My servos to date are hitec 7955 steering,futaba s9452 throttle, these are what have lasted best for me.I will be trying savox 1256.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Talking

I GOT THE SAVOX 1267HV AND THE 1268HV FOR MY RC8B. I KNOW IT'S TOTAL OVERKILL BUT I CAN'T WAIT TO USE THEM!!!!!!
Old 02-04-2011, 09:23 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sickboy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.