Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris kal
Where did you get the low shock towers kit and t-shox for the tc6 from
From my milling service
If guys are interested I share the geometry. Just send a PM
Old 02-05-2013, 06:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I have a setup question, and it has to do with tire wear. I'm running 2 degrees of front camber and after each run you can visibly see that I'm really only using the inside half of the front tires. the rear tires are looking good and running down evenly. I feel that with only using half the tire on the front that I'm losing some acceleration and pull when coming out of the corners. I also only sauce the inside half of the fronts. I don’t typically have a problem with traction rolling and would like to keep it that way as well.

would it be beneficial to maybe spring the car stiffer and lower the camber to increase the contact patch with the tire and the track.

We are running on an ozite carpet track and the traction is “Medium High” I’m running the original RSD6 Chassis with 16.5lb RSD springs in the front, 15.5 RSD springs in the rear. 5mm ride height and 3A setting for roll center. I’m running 2.5 rear toe, 1 degree front toe out.

Any suggestions or help would. Be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Forgive me if this has already been discussed. Does anyone know when the WC chassis will be released by itself?
Old 02-05-2013, 08:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R Doyel
Forgive me if this has already been discussed. Does anyone know when the WC chassis will be released by itself?
It has been out for almost as long as the WC kit has been out. A quick search online should reveal a few places where you can buy one.

-Kane
Old 02-05-2013, 09:01 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Kane-o
It has been out for almost as long as the WC kit has been out. A quick search online should reveal a few places where you can buy one.

-Kane
I entered some bad info into my search, I guess. I found it. Thanks

Last edited by R Doyel; 02-05-2013 at 09:17 AM.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by briankstan
I have a setup question, and it has to do with tire wear. I'm running 2 degrees of front camber and after each run you can visibly see that I'm really only using the inside half of the front tires. the rear tires are looking good and running down evenly. I feel that with only using half the tire on the front that I'm losing some acceleration and pull when coming out of the corners. I also only sauce the inside half of the fronts. I don’t typically have a problem with traction rolling and would like to keep it that way as well.

would it be beneficial to maybe spring the car stiffer and lower the camber to increase the contact patch with the tire and the track.

We are running on an ozite carpet track and the traction is “Medium High” I’m running the original RSD6 Chassis with 16.5lb RSD springs in the front, 15.5 RSD springs in the rear. 5mm ride height and 3A setting for roll center. I’m running 2.5 rear toe, 1 degree front toe out.

If you want to wear your front tires more evenly, you need softer front springs, not stiffer. Your car isn't rolling enough, which is why only the inside tire is wearing. You could also try more front droop. Less camber would help too. Try that, but use less sauce, because you'll get more steering with a softer front suspension.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by briankstan

+1 on previously mentioned setup options. Can also try raising the inside camber link location (adding shims) to create less camber gain during suspension up-travel.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm having the opposite problem with my front tires. The outside of the tires is wearing faster than the inside. I am using Xceed 37 shore 26mm foam tires. No sauce allowed. Stock springs up front on my WC. My camber is about 1 degree on the front. The rear tires are fine. Thoughts?
Old 02-07-2013, 01:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

KC10, Give it some more camber. We run foams at my local club and my TC6 needs about 2.5deg of camber to prevent coning.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KC10Chief
I'm having the opposite problem with my front tires. The outside of the tires is wearing faster than the inside. I am using Xceed 37 shore 26mm foam tires. No sauce allowed. Stock springs up front on my WC. My camber is about 1 degree on the front. The rear tires are fine. Thoughts?
Caster can have an effect on this as well. Are you running 4 or 6 degree caster?
Old 02-07-2013, 01:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rangerjkb
+1 on previously mentioned setup options. Can also try raising the inside camber link location (adding shims) to create less camber gain during suspension up-travel.
That will actually change roll center. Use longer upper links and inside mounting position on the bulkheads. This will reduce camber gain.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:40 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by YoDog
That will actually change roll center. Use longer upper links and inside mounting position on the bulkheads. This will reduce camber gain.
It does both actually
Old 02-07-2013, 09:02 PM
Tech Master

Hi all...
The servo mounts are nearly finished and I am taking pre-orders for the first batch. Please PM me if you are interested. Paypal only please.
They are going for $20 each Shipped in the continental US and I am offering a discount for 2 or more ordered at the same time so if your TC6 buddies want in, you can make a group buy.

P.S. The blocks will be Blue Unless you want them Pre-anodized. This mount uses the existing weight mounting holes found on all TC6 based chassis. therefore it should fit all of the commonly used chassis that have the same hole locations.
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC6 Thread-imag0076-comp.jpg   Team Associated TC6 Thread-imag0080-comp.jpg  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.