Wiki Posts
Search

DF03 RA SLIPPER CLUTCH.

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 11:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Default DF03 RA SLIPPER CLUTCH.

Hey,

I got a DF03RA with a traxxas VXL brushless system installed; yesterday I wore out my bevel gear BG3 the one that is durin material in the back gear box I attached a picture of it; I dont really like the quality for this gear. The mainshaft is steel, so with power it will damage the durin forsure. I dont have a slipper clutch installed; does it really work? will it prevent this from happening? I was thinking of making a mod and making my own BG3 gear from steel and maybe the head from durin, so it will be steel against and durin against durin. As for TB01 rally the gears are steel and much stronger the way they are designed but anyways your feedback is appreciated regarding the DF03, how can I have it running for a good period without wearing the beveal gear again? thanks.
Attached Thumbnails DF03 RA SLIPPER CLUTCH.-bevel-gears.jpg  
Old 10-29-2010, 05:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

The slipper clutch will make a big difference, it will make your drive line last longer! The DF03RA has alot of hop-up options on ebay.
Old 10-29-2010, 06:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Slipper makes all the difference in the world. I'm running 6.5T brushless for 2 years and only stripped that gear once running on an assphalt track with wooden jumps.
Old 10-29-2010, 06:41 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks guys I ordered one; now I will notice the difference when I install the slipper; but man that thing was flying with the traxxas vxl I gotta get a dark impact body for the dust crap...
Old 10-29-2010, 06:50 AM
Tech Initiate

MY DF03 RA IN THE LIBYAN DESERT.... I need to get a TB01 rally.
Attached Thumbnails DF03 RA SLIPPER CLUTCH.-img_1012.jpg   DF03 RA SLIPPER CLUTCH.-img_1021.jpg