EP4200's

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 07:34 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
EP
Bomb
Looking at the middle pic I can see an IB pack in the background with part of the shrink melted.....Any pack will blow up when shorted against another pack. At least give the whole story.

EA
Old 09-03-2007, 07:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Looking at the middle pic I can see an IB pack in the background with part of the shrink melted.....Any pack will blow up when shorted against another pack. At least give the whole story.

EA
I am with you in that most if not all of these incidents are operator error to some extent. Someone mentioned earlier about a Nimh blowing up in the back of someones truck unattended. Sounds to me like it shorted out against something. Just laying there it should not do anything. I have been using Nimh since I started racing and have only had one incident and that involved a couple of cells that shorted out on at graphite chassis in my truck. I lost two cells, but was it a fault of the cells, no it was mine for not making sure I had the plastic there to keep it from shorting out.

You are going to have issues with whatever you run eventually, it is up to you to minimize the issues by making sure you take care of what ever battery you chose to run. I don't think there is a best battery, there is only a best for you. I am just personally tired of hearing about all the bickering between the two parties on this issue anymore. Run what you want and just be safe while doing it.
Old 09-03-2007, 04:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

If you look at the IB pack, it is not damaged or certainly dude would have included them in the shots. As for the packs that blew up in the back of someones pick up, he had them in a padded battery pack carrying case.
Old 09-03-2007, 04:57 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bxpitbull
If you look at the IB pack, it is not damaged or certainly dude would have included them in the shots. As for the packs that blew up in the back of someones pick up, he had them in a padded battery pack carrying case.
I dont know...the cell on the end looks like the shrink is melted on it and where is the connector or the solder to post?

As for the guy who had a pack "just blow up in the back of his truck" I find it very hard to believe that that was the only pack he had in that padded case....I am 99.99999% certain that he probably put two packs in there facing each other and they shorted....I have been matching cells a long time and have NEVER just had a cell or pack blow up while sitting idle....in fact I have never had a cell blow up on me period. Of all the packs I have ever seen blow up at the track there was a good reason...USER ERROR. Charged pack sitting on top of a pile of tools, long lockout on at 8 amps with a fully charged pack.....things like that.

To the point of this thread you are right...there is a lot of sterotyping going on with Chinease products that should not be. There are a lot of good products from China and there are a lot of lower quality products as well. 99.9% of the time when something happens involving a battery its user error.

EA
Old 09-03-2007, 05:08 PM
Tech Master

EA, I agree that many mishaps occur due to operator error, carelessnes or just downright stupidity (smoking in the pits around nitro, all type of tools around cells and battery packs). I guess the actual point to be raised is for the consumer and companies to bring to the Chinese manufacturers.....get your products up to snuff so we can shift the blame in the correct direction lol
Old 09-03-2007, 08:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default just to put in my two cents

I bought 3 packs of eps, from the start the packs never took 4200 mah. when I asked the company that matched the batteries why? they told me that I had the wrong equipment. I was using a durtraxs ice charger to charge and discharge and a Novak equalizer to eq the cell to .9 volts. they told me that the ice was garbage and that I need a pit-bull x3 to get the full performance out. so get that and I get a deans discharge bulbs set to discharge at 30 amps and still using the Novak tray to eq at .9volts. so after all that this weekend all 3 packs blow up. now one pack was my fault because after charging the pack earlier in the week it still wouldn’t that 4200 mah, so I set the mah lock out at 4200 mah and then ran it and did it again at 4000 because that pack had gotten to hot the first time. so I take full responsibility for that but the other two packs where not my fault. the company that matched the packs then tried to tell me that my new equipment may be bad. in my mind the company should put on there package that you need a 130.00 dollar charge to get the performance out of the cell. now also all the time that I talk to the company owner about this he keep trying to but the blame on someone else rather that just admitting that the cells may have been a part of a bad batch. also the customer service was the worst I have ever experienced the owner of the company while one the phone would not let me talk and tell the whole story and when I would he would tell me to be quite and listen. Who is he to tell a customer that, and when that customer try’s to bring him another company with the need for over 300 packs a week. that is more business than most indepent battery companies do in two weeks. so in my opinion I will be getting new batteries from someone else and as for the company that I was going to bring him we will just see because as a customer the service I received was horrible.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default One last thing

to this person, you know who you are. you never call a customer a lier and tell them to be quited that is so wrong. What ever happened to the customer is always right and world class customer service, i guess that went out the window.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:18 PM
Tech Master

RLMW, thats a bad break. The Customer Service, was it here in the states or was it an overseas distributor?
Old 09-04-2007, 07:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default hey

that was here in the states, by a company that i thought was one of the best battery companys around. had the customer service been a whole lot better i would have said ok well i will buy new cells again but the way i was talk to and treated i will have to look at a different company for cellls
Old 09-04-2007, 07:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RLMW VQ
that was here in the states, by a company that i thought was one of the best battery companys around. had the customer service been a whole lot better i would have said ok well i will buy new cells again but the way i was talk to and treated i will have to look at a different company for cellls
Major ouch. What kind of ish is that telling you that your charger is trash? I thought the ICE was one of the better chargers? Now we have to buy specific chargers for NiMh? Did I miss a memo or something?

Last edited by bxpitbull; 09-06-2007 at 08:08 AM.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default yeah

guess so if i would have new that before i bought the cells i would have never gotten them. i have an EA motor sports IB4200 that is around 8 months old that take 4300-4400 mah and around 9.4 volts. and guess what that was on my ice not a pitbull x3
Old 09-04-2007, 08:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Major ouch. What kind of shit is that telling you that your charger is trash? I thought the ICE was one of the better chargers? Now we have to buy specific chargers for NiMh? Did I miss a memo or something?
not you thought,the ice is one of the better chargers on the market i have one it works great check the reviews from there i am going to buy the up graded one (checkpoint), sad to hear about the batt i have some ib and smc they work ok so far.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:19 AM
Tech Master

Barber, I said "I thought" not to be dismal, but according to what I have heard. I have no experience with the charger and wasnt trying to flame. But for a cell distributor to tell a consumer a more renown charger is trash is showing some real BALLZ. RLMW, if you have that in email, you should post it and put them on blast! Folks like that dont need to be in business if they are crapping on items that THEY FEEL is trash based on personal preference aka BIAS.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default yeah

I think I will a cell distributor should never said something like that. I also may call duratax and tell them about it. I sure that they would like to know about it.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Barber, I said "I thought" not to be dismal, but according to what I have heard. I have no experience with the charger and wasnt trying to flame. But for a cell distributor to tell a consumer a more renown charger is trash is showing some real BALLZ. RLMW, if you have that in email, you should post it and put them on blast! Folks like that dont need to be in business if they are crapping on items that THEY FEEL is trash based on personal preference aka BIAS.
i know, but it is a good charger, and what you say is right but you know when it comes back to the company they will try to cover themselves and put the blame on others.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.