Schumacher R12 Fusion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher R12 Fusion

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 10:40 AM
Tech Regular

The car was very fast there especially around the sweeper to the straight... it stuck all the way around and it was fun. We had very bad luck in the heats... we got hit two times and each one put us out... second one bent my shock shaft and I just straightened it out and it broke in the third heat. Couldn't run the main I had no spares...ugh!!! so went to the beach on Sunday!!!

The pipe was excellent.. it really smooth out the power band in my Sirio.... actually had a mid range!!!

More races for the R12 coming up.... having troubles in finding the black ball cups that take the 4m turnbuckle and 3m ball.... broke one last week at the small track here when someone hit my rear and knocked off the trunbuckle and wheel went out and broke the ball cup... Schmaucher only has it available when you buy the upper nylon a arm kit... $10 for a ball cup!!! lol Have you purchased any replacements???

Hope all is going great for you... thanks for the inquiry

Sam
Old 07-20-2005, 12:04 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sfelish
The car was very fast there especially around the sweeper to the straight... it stuck all the way around and it was fun. We had very bad luck in the heats... we got hit two times and each one put us out... second one bent my shock shaft and I just straightened it out and it broke in the third heat. Couldn't run the main I had no spares...ugh!!! so went to the beach on Sunday!!!

The pipe was excellent.. it really smooth out the power band in my Sirio.... actually had a mid range!!!

More races for the R12 coming up.... having troubles in finding the black ball cups that take the 4m turnbuckle and 3m ball.... broke one last week at the small track here when someone hit my rear and knocked off the trunbuckle and wheel went out and broke the ball cup... Schmaucher only has it available when you buy the upper nylon a arm kit... $10 for a ball cup!!! lol Have you purchased any replacements???

Hope all is going great for you... thanks for the inquiry

Sam
not yet (knock on wood)
Old 07-21-2005, 12:11 PM
Z24
Tech Adept

hey marcos... Does the Skyline pipe gives your R12 a topend? Because I use RD Logics Turbo II without the R12 header, im using the RD Logics header, and it gives me a lot me of power too with a lot of topend, but with less lowend. A friend of mine let me a Skyline pipe, and when i use it, it give my R12 a more lot torque but with little less topspeed or topend.

What i'm gonna ask is... Does the R12 stock header with the Skyline pipe performs with most of the competition? Or the competition are a lot faster than the R12?

I used the R12 stock header with the RD Logics Turbo II Pipe. And what it gived to the R12 is just a lot of torque, and lost topspeed.

Need some advise with this issue...

Last edited by Z24; 08-01-2011 at 10:05 AM.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:37 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Z24
hey marcos... Does the Skyline pipe gives your R12 a topend? Because I use RD Logics Turbo II without the R12 header, im using the RD Logics header, and it gives me a lot me of power too with a lot of topend, but with less lowend. A friend of mine, borrowed me a Skyline pipe, and when i use it, it give my R12 a more lot torque but with little less topspeed or topend.

What i'm gonna ask is... Does the R12 stock header with the Skyline pipe performs with most of the competition? Or the competition are a lot faster than the R12?

I used the R12 stock header with the RD Logics Turbo II Pipe. And what it gived to the R12 is just a lot of torque, and lost topspeed.

Need some advise with this issue...
i use the stock header with the skyline pipe and i have plenty of top end power ,i cut about 5 mm of the header.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:37 PM
Super Moderator

Old 07-21-2005, 04:01 PM
Z24
Tech Adept

You're telling that i have to cut 5mm the stock header to give the proper topend with the Skyline pipe, otherwise the engine won't get topend right?
Old 07-21-2005, 10:03 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Z24
You're telling that i have to cut 5mm the stock header to give the proper topend with the Skyline pipe, otherwise the engine won't get topend right?
Old 07-27-2005, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Z24

any word on your pipe?
Old 08-02-2005, 12:32 PM
Z24
Tech Adept

Well Marcos, I cut the header and used the Skyline pipe, but actually I didn’t see to much difference. It performs the same with my RD Logics Turbo II pipe. But it gives more torque with the stock header than the RD Logics though. Still, I’m gonna make some more tests and see if I have good results. Thanks Marcos J!!
Old 08-02-2005, 12:34 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Z24
Well Marcos, I cut the header and used the Skyline pipe and actually I didn’t see to much difference. It performs the same with my RD Logics Turbo II pipe. But still I’m gonna make some tests and see if I have good results. Thanks!!
thats funny i had the RD logics pipe too and it ran better with the skyline let me know, did you cut 5mm of the header?
Old 08-02-2005, 12:44 PM
Z24
Tech Adept

That’s odd. What could it be…? It is the engine? Or the Gear ratios?

Well actually I made a mistake cutting the header and went to 6mm, but I don’t think 1mm can make to much difference. I’ll check again and make some more tests and see what happens.
Old 08-02-2005, 02:18 PM
Z24
Tech Adept

Hey Marcos, what engine does you R12 have? It is stock or modified?
Old 08-02-2005, 02:28 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Z24
Hey Marcos, what engine does you R12 have? It is stock or modified?
im running the RD logics .12 (which is made by STS)
Old 08-03-2005, 10:08 AM
Tech Regular

Selling my R12 pro spec... gonna concentrate on the 1/8th car.... losts of stuff and a real nice car... check it out on ebay!!
Old 08-08-2005, 04:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default What a mistake

Hi just to give a insight on the R12 it's ok if you put the slowest motor in but when you ran a top horsepower motor the car is a big dissappointment
1. Chews out the alloy wheel hex's
2. 2nd gear hub is now has so much slop in it it's distroying bearings
3. Front belt turns over (heard of this before happened twice to us on the same day)
4. Distroyed rear wheel bearings
5. Rear diff fence comes off and fray's rear belt
and that was only in 4 qualifer's yesterday and to top it off when my son was
racing for 3rd position in the A final the BRAND NEW (four 5 minute qualifers) front one way diff distroy's itself (I can see why they sell the car with a spool)
Had problems before but nothing this bad and the only reason I could think of is it handle the power of a less horsepower motor but when we switched to a Novarossi the car just fell apart and that is in 5 and 10 minute races what would happen in 20 and 30 minute races that we have for big events
The biggest joke is that I sold his Kyosho VoneRR evo for this and with the Australian National Titles coming up in 3 months I honestly think this was a bad choice
Don't get me wrong Schumacher makes great stuff we run a Cat3000 (2 state titles),Mission with a brushless and a MI2 (4th at state titles) but the R12 Team as a race car against Mugen's and Kyosho's I just don't think it's a wise choice
Well it might be time to think about a different car with the national's coming up something thats more robust than the R12

John and a disappointed 13 year old son

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.