Like Tree34Likes

Schumacher Mi5

Old 09-10-2013, 03:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Teacher
olhipster1, yep tried the additional top deck brace. It helped some but not nearly enough. Only thing I have not tried was the short links...think this will free the car up some in the corners but I still think the chassis will flex creating too much grip.
it would be interesting to see where the upper contact points on top deck with midmotor option...if it moves forward to center it should remove some of the side flex.

can someone post a pic from top to compare.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:16 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by cgroves
For those who are running mid-motor setups. What changes did you find you needed to make to the cars overall setup if any? I'm currently running Hofer's std setup on asphalt and I'm thinking of running the Mi5s in mid-motor at IIC.
I'm running the mid motor set up on carpet and it has worked great so far! I'm using Hofers LRP Masters carpet set up with Yokomo Pink and Blue springs.

Originally Posted by The Teacher
I'm going to the IIC as well but have yet to find a good setup for the MI5 on carpet. My car just seems to flex way to much when the bite comes up. Do any of you have a good setup for carpet...???...or are most of you using Hofer's setup?
I haven't had any issues yet. I'm using the yokomo springs as stated above! Try the mid motor I think you will love it!

Originally Posted by olhipster1
i think for high traction carpet the mid motor option may provide results.
anyone running this? feedback please.

Yes! The car stays flat and is very neutral..

did you try the additional standoff on top deck?
Yes!

I plan on getting the mid-motor setup soon.
Do it!! You wont regret it!

Originally Posted by gdcopbdcop
Is anyone using the cut arms on carpet? Or are they leaving the arms alone?

so many questions, and I don't have a carpet track to practice on before the IIC!

Yes cut arms front and rear with mid motor. I believe the car was originally designed with the arms "cut".
Old 09-11-2013, 12:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by olhipster1
i think for high traction carpet the mid motor option may provide results.
anyone running this? feedback please.

did you try the additional standoff on top deck?

I plan on getting the mid-motor setup soon.
ive been running my mi5 only on carpet med bite some times it high if they spray action traction on the track when the track is low to med i like the rear motor I'm running 75% of hoffers setup when the track has med to high bite i like the mid motor it has less flex than the rear motor even with stiffeners in I'm running ae 37.5 oil front and rear 0 rebound on shocks yok pink fronts and blue rears 3.0 rear toe 1mm anti dive in the front 2000cst diff oil
Old 09-11-2013, 01:01 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jdm19turn
ive been running my mi5 only on carpet med bite some times it high if they spray action traction on the track when the track is low to med i like the rear motor I'm running 75% of hoffers setup when the track has med to high bite i like the mid motor it has less flex than the rear motor even with stiffeners in I'm running ae 37.5 oil front and rear 0 rebound on shocks yok pink fronts and blue rears 3.0 rear toe 1mm anti dive in the front 2000cst diff oil
my setup has been the same for rear motor and mid motor and the track is small and tight I've also been using jaco blues with sxt sauce on them if anyone decides to give it a try
Old 09-11-2013, 05:16 AM
Tech Regular

When people are talking about the additional standoff on the top deck do you mean putting in a second bar between the two top deck parts? There is only one hole in the mid motor top decks??
Old 09-11-2013, 09:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scoyle
When people are talking about the additional standoff on the top deck do you mean putting in a second bar between the two top deck parts? There is only one hole in the mid motor top decks??
I believe that is the case. The Mid motor only has the hole for the motor mount brace, not a free floating one such as on the rear motor car.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:11 AM
Tech Addict

I have entered the IIC, so I will be there with my MI-5 in the Spec GT class. Guys, I arrive on Mon night at about 8 PM. Would someone reserve me pit space please?

Rich
Old 09-11-2013, 10:11 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TryHard
I believe that is the case. The Mid motor only has the hole for the motor mount brace, not a free floating one such as on the rear motor car.
That is definitely the case LOL, as I am sitting looking at my two Mi5's, one a rear motor and the other converted to mid LOL. That was why I was wondering what people meant when they were asking about the additional standoff on the top deck...
Old 09-11-2013, 10:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have an mi5 in the for sale section. Brand new. Don't have time to travel to race on road so sticking to off road. Pm me if interested I am willing to deal.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:14 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by gdcopbdcop
I have entered the IIC, so I will be there with my MI-5 in the Spec GT class. Guys, I arrive on Mon night at about 8 PM. Would someone reserve me pit space please?

Rich
We should have an extra seat or two in you need... lmk!

..p
Old 09-11-2013, 03:36 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by DiscountRCStore
We should have an extra seat or two in you need... lmk!

..p
Yes, please save me a seat!.....

Rich
Old 09-11-2013, 05:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Is there going to be an area for Schumacher drivers? I'll be arriving sometime moday morning and would like to pit with the rest of the Mi5's if possible.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:50 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by linkless
Is there going to be an area for Schumacher drivers? I'll be arriving sometime moday morning and would like to pit with the rest of the Mi5's if possible.
+1 for a Schumi zone reservation for me too
Old 09-11-2013, 06:11 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TryHard
there is after market purple aluminum upper deck mounts that you can replace the plastic ones that are attached to the shock tower and the ones in the middle of upperdeck to stiff it more over the stock ones i got them off ebay
Old 09-11-2013, 08:27 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by linkless
Originally Posted by cgroves
+1 for a Schumi zone reservation for me too
No problem, we're drawing very near to final arrangements with Scotty... We will need a committed head count so we can reserve enough spaces for all that wish to pit together, please PM or email us ( names, day and time of arrival ) by noon EST this Friday 9/13 so we can get enough seats for everyone ..

..p

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.