Wiki Posts
Search

Praise God!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 01:03 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Praise God!

God has been very good to me for the past couple months and id like to share with my fellow Christians my story.

To start things off, I am a lutheran here in Milwaukee Wisconsin, going to Trinity Lutheran In Mequon Wisconsin. I graduated from Milwaukee Lutheran HS in 2007.

Being how the economy is, and currently being a mechanical design student, I have been worried about how the current state will effect me. I have been looking for other opportunities to continue my education and I have been praying that God will lead me to my next path after I graduate with my A.A.S degree. He showed me good and clear where he wanted me to go this year in June. My church had our second mission trip in June. We went off to camp Lynn Haven in Linnville NC. With all the churches together, we had a group of about 300 people from NC,WI,MI and one other state i cannot remember off hand. We had two choices to choose from for where we were going to serve for the week and the choices were habitat for humanity or work with the crossnore kids. Crossnore was a home where children have been taken away from their families for reasons, like the parents were druggies, alcoholics, abusive...etc. I didn't know how i would be at teaching children, so i went for habitat. The reason I went for habitat was that I was uncertain of how I would be at teaching, so i went for physical labor.

The main theme of the week was 1Peter 4:10: Each one should use what ever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms. During the day, we had smaller groups for bible studies, where we took this idea and explore it deeper so it isn't just taken at face value. The main thing I got out of the studies was to push our comfort level, to get out of our personal bubble. That week, I was thinking of how, or what i could do to challenge myself to explore more spiritual gifts. It didn't hit me until the long "one day ride" back home.

It was about 8ish by the time we hit Chicago when one of the youth leaders, Dan Shultz asked us some questions on how we grew this trip, and what we could do to explore our spiritual gifts. While the other people in our van were telling their answers, my answer hit my like a rock on the back of the head. I knew exactly what it would be, and it actually shocked me at what it was. As i mentioned earlier, I had self doubt of my teaching skills. When it was my turn to answer, it felt like I had the spirit in me, like there was an unquenchable fire that couldn't be put out. My answer was this, that i would become the next youth leader at our church. The two youth leaders currently are only temporary because they are doing this for their major at concodia, and there is no one perminant.

Looking back at it, everything at the mission trip was pointing me in that direction, even though i didnt see it right away. The way our youth leaders were, thats how i want to be. I feel that this is my calling, not only to sit behind a desk, behind a computer all day, but to teach the youth, be a roll model for them.

Now that it is close to a month and a half after the trip, and I am no longer in the "spiritual high" stage after the trip, I still have the same burning passion that i had on the way home. With me becoming a youth leader, and go to school for youth ministry, there will be a great deal that i would need to challange myself, to find ways to teach the kids. God has answered my prayer through this mission trip, to become a youth minister.

The other reason I have to thank God is for giving me the girlfriend i have been praying for a long time now. She is religious, and very supportive of me. she comes with me to the track, supports my youth ministry goal and is helping me reach it. To keep it short, she is everything i have prayed for, and more. We have been dating for 4 months now, where as my past relationships have only lasted upto 2 months. She shows no drama in life that is created by her, where as the past ones have created drama for the fun of it.

Thank you all for sticking around for this long post. Its something that i had to share.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

zackesch

THANKS for sharing how God is working in your life, keep us updated as often as you like/lead
Old 08-14-2009, 09:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zackesch
God has been very good to me for the past couple months and id like to share with my fellow Christians my story.

To start things off, I am a lutheran here in Milwaukee Wisconsin, going to Trinity Lutheran In Mequon Wisconsin. I graduated from Milwaukee Lutheran HS in 2007.

Being how the economy is, and currently being a mechanical design student, I have been worried about how the current state will effect me. I have been looking for other opportunities to continue my education and I have been praying that God will lead me to my next path after I graduate with my A.A.S degree. He showed me good and clear where he wanted me to go this year in June. My church had our second mission trip in June. We went off to camp Lynn Haven in Linnville NC. With all the churches together, we had a group of about 300 people from NC,WI,MI and one other state i cannot remember off hand. We had two choices to choose from for where we were going to serve for the week and the choices were habitat for humanity or work with the crossnore kids. Crossnore was a home where children have been taken away from their families for reasons, like the parents were druggies, alcoholics, abusive...etc. I didn't know how i would be at teaching children, so i went for habitat. The reason I went for habitat was that I was uncertain of how I would be at teaching, so i went for physical labor.

The main theme of the week was 1Peter 4:10: Each one should use what ever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms. During the day, we had smaller groups for bible studies, where we took this idea and explore it deeper so it isn't just taken at face value. The main thing I got out of the studies was to push our comfort level, to get out of our personal bubble. That week, I was thinking of how, or what i could do to challenge myself to explore more spiritual gifts. It didn't hit me until the long "one day ride" back home.

It was about 8ish by the time we hit Chicago when one of the youth leaders, Dan Shultz asked us some questions on how we grew this trip, and what we could do to explore our spiritual gifts. While the other people in our van were telling their answers, my answer hit my like a rock on the back of the head. I knew exactly what it would be, and it actually shocked me at what it was. As i mentioned earlier, I had self doubt of my teaching skills. When it was my turn to answer, it felt like I had the spirit in me, like there was an unquenchable fire that couldn't be put out. My answer was this, that i would become the next youth leader at our church. The two youth leaders currently are only temporary because they are doing this for their major at concodia, and there is no one perminant.

Looking back at it, everything at the mission trip was pointing me in that direction, even though i didnt see it right away. The way our youth leaders were, thats how i want to be. I feel that this is my calling, not only to sit behind a desk, behind a computer all day, but to teach the youth, be a roll model for them.

Now that it is close to a month and a half after the trip, and I am no longer in the "spiritual high" stage after the trip, I still have the same burning passion that i had on the way home. With me becoming a youth leader, and go to school for youth ministry, there will be a great deal that i would need to challange myself, to find ways to teach the kids. God has answered my prayer through this mission trip, to become a youth minister.

The other reason I have to thank God is for giving me the girlfriend i have been praying for a long time now. She is religious, and very supportive of me. she comes with me to the track, supports my youth ministry goal and is helping me reach it. To keep it short, she is everything i have prayed for, and more. We have been dating for 4 months now, where as my past relationships have only lasted upto 2 months. She shows no drama in life that is created by her, where as the past ones have created drama for the fun of it.

Thank you all for sticking around for this long post. Its something that i had to share.

Great story, will you start a RC club at your church?
Old 08-20-2009, 12:16 AM
Tech Initiate

I would like to, but I do not think the church will approve of the idea. I am part of the Missouri Synod and they go more by the book.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zackesch
I would like to, but I do not think the church will approve of the idea. I am part of the Missouri Synod and they go more by the book.
I do not understand why going by the book may be affected?
You should pray on it and maybe explain to your elders that this is a good thing that brings Christians together in a positive environment.

Maybe another way to approach this is do make it educational - applied mechanics and the workings of the car/truck. I do this alot with rc airplanes and aerodynamics because when kids see the rc planes they want know how they work and it's fun teaching. My son loves engineering now because he has learned how things work.
Old 03-04-2010, 05:39 AM
Tech Initiate

This christian RC Forum thing must be a joke, huuh?!?

Where is the gay and lesbian RC Forum?
Old 03-04-2010, 06:49 AM

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by basti
This christian RC Forum thing must be a joke, huuh?!?

Where is the gay and lesbian RC Forum?

No...no joke. Well, except the one you just made.

Brad
Old 03-04-2010, 10:35 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DraftDriver
I do not understand why going by the book may be affected?
You should pray on it and maybe explain to your elders that this is a good thing that brings Christians together in a positive environment.

Maybe another way to approach this is do make it educational - applied mechanics and the workings of the car/truck. I do this alot with rc airplanes and aerodynamics because when kids see the rc planes they want know how they work and it's fun teaching. My son loves engineering now because he has learned how things work.
I can see what is meant by "going by the book." It could be understood as the church and grounds are holy therefore RC is not the place for it. There are many "traditions" that should be up for re-evaluation(but I'm not going to touch that one!-Praise God.) The church is indeed HOLY! There could be some kind of fear the hobby will get out of control.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by bowl806
I can see what is meant by "going by the book." It could be understood as the church and grounds are holy therefore RC is not the place for it. There are many "traditions" that should be up for re-evaluation(but I'm not going to touch that one!-Praise God.) The church is indeed HOLY! There could be some kind of fear the hobby will get out of control.

I believe that God gives us everything we have, and we are to use it to the best of our ability for His glory and to further His kingdom. To me, that would include anything He has blessed a Church body with...including buildings, grounds, and other facilities they have been blessed with from God.

I believe in this case, that if it glorifies Christ, exposes people to the Truth and Love of God, then I personally don't see a problem with it.

I'll touch it...lol. We as Christians still have TOO MANY Pharisee tendencies, where we try and honor God on a level that WE feel comfortable with, and at a level that tries to preserve the gifts He has given to us to use up completely, in case we might need them later for ourselves (no faith). We don't want to turn our worship and gifts completely over to Him, and we want God, service, and worship on OUR terms, where WE feel comfortable we have enough.

I believe that any 'church' that considers it's grounds or buildings too 'holy' for faithful service and witnessing for God, is severely off course of what God teaches us in the Bible. And they are more than likely worshiping the blessings they have been given, rather than the one that gave them the Blessings! Sad...

Brad
Old 03-04-2010, 01:32 PM
Tech Master

"I believe that any 'church' that considers it's grounds or buildings too 'holy' for faithful service and witnessing for God, is severely off course of what God teaches us in the Bible. And they are more than likely worshiping the blessings they have been given, rather than the one that gave them the Blessings! Sad..."
Brad

Too true my Christian Brother-The best biblical ref I can think of right off the top is in the OT:Exodus 26-29 re:the tabernacle and no RC ministry. I'll leave that one up to the Lord for you to discern; Nothing negative so don't let the enemy manipulate anything.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:10 AM
Tech Initiate

Oh well, so now you delete posts from people who don't share your opinion?
Great!
Old 03-05-2010, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by basti
Oh well, so now you delete posts from people who don't share your opinion?
Great!
No, it has nothing to do with an opinion. This part of the site is for Christians, and lifting the name of Jesus. It's not for people to come in here and make fun of God or our beliefs, like you were doing. If you want to come here and honestly discuss something (your opinion) respectfully, then great, but just coming in and posting to cause problems (trolling) or make fun, won't be tolerated.

Thanks, Brad
Old 03-05-2010, 11:59 AM
Tech Initiate

No thanks, just a waste of time.

Won't bother you anymore.