Wiki Posts
Search

2004 IFMAR ISTC & 1/12th On Road Worlds at Full Throttle Speedway

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2004, 11:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by Greg Anthony
Ken, please see my previous post about the Mazda.....
Is the SPEED World Challenge Touring Car a FIA Class Two Touring Car class??
Old 09-09-2004, 11:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

"6.7.1 Bodyshells must be a scale replica of the original car used in the relevant
FIA or National class. The original car must be a four-door type. Replicas
of two-door original cars are not allowed."

SPEED World Challenge Touring is a National class here in the States.
Old 09-09-2004, 12:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

6.0 PURPOSE

The essence of the ISTC class is competition between realistic models of saloon/sedan cars raced in Touring Car Series for Class Two FIA Touring Cars.

Whatever...

All of this is just bad anyway... just like the mess we had with the EFRA list in Europe this year...
Old 09-09-2004, 12:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

It's splitting hairs at this point.... Now, only if we'll find out if the list was properly submitted of not....
Old 09-09-2004, 01:48 PM
Tech Master

I kind of like to know what kind of rules regarding the wing we are going for. Roar? How wide are those? 190mm like the warm up? And what goes with the bodies....

170mm is kind of hard to find, and I realy don´t understand how a body, included a wing can be legal if the wing is not legal...
Old 09-09-2004, 03:06 PM
FTSPEEDWAY

Default lastest update

Hey guys just got done talking to Ifmar and the body list will stand as is. Ifmar has advise me that some of the companys did not submit the paper work into them in time to have there bodies approved. The wing will be 190mm the rule was changed. If any thing else comes up I will let you all know.

Jorge
FTS1

Old 09-09-2004, 03:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Jorge,

What about ROAR submitting their body list to IFMAR, as stated in Pauls above post?
Old 09-09-2004, 03:09 PM
The Evicerator

So the host bloc's body list is thrown out? Only the IFMAR list will be allowed?
Old 09-09-2004, 03:15 PM
FTSPEEDWAY

Default rules

Here is some of the email I recieved.

1) it is worldwide known, that IFMAR has its own rules. These rules
include a procedure for the approval of bodies. The body
approval rule also have not been changed for years. Therefore
it is clear, that at a pre-worlds race never the final list of
approved bodies can be used (cause the deadline for the
approval is later than the date of the pre-worlds).

2) According to the IFMAR rules, a manufacturer has to
apply for an approval of his bodies. This is the way,
the body list has been done this year. If you do not
find the Tamiya Stratus in the body list, then Tamiya
has not send this body for approval to IFMAR

Jorge
FTS1

Old 09-09-2004, 04:07 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Sanctioning bodies, gotta love 'em!
Old 09-09-2004, 05:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is this the last word on this problem??? The reason I ask is so the people paying painters and the painters can all get what is legal to race. Then not worring if another rule change is coming down the pike!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-09-2004, 05:54 PM
Tech Addict

Jorge - when you communicated with John Grant at IFMAR, did you remind him of his e-mail that he sent to Paul C???

TO: MR P CICCARELLO
PARMA INTERNATIONAL

Dear Mr Ciccarello

In reply to your enquiry received to-day, it is advised that a new IFMAR World Championship Rule has just been approved regarding the use of bodyshells at the above event, i.e. all bodyshells contained in a Bloc's approved bodyshell list will be allowed to be used at the IFMAR event. The Bloc, in your case, ROAR, has to submit its list to IFMAR four months prior to the event and this list will be distributed by the organiser to all competitors.

As you advise that your Company's bodyshell is already on the ROAR list, it will be allowed to be used at the event.

Best regards
John Grant]
President, IFMAR.
Old 09-09-2004, 06:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Default MR P CICCARELLO, PARMA INTERNATIONAL

With reference to the quoted email sent to you from IFMAR on March 29, 2004, please note that the statement made in this email is correct except for the fact that you forgot to mention that the Subject of the email was: 2004 IFMAR 1/10TH IC 200MM WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP.

Obviously, therefore, this email in no way referred to the bodyshell list applicable for the 2004 IFMAR ISTC Electric On-road World Championship.

All IFMAR electric matters are dealt with by the IFMAR Electric Section Chairman, Mr. Heiner Martin.

If anyone wishes to look up any class of IFMAR World Championship Rules, at any time, please refer to http://www.ozemail.com.au/~ifmar

Regards
John Grant
President, IFMAR.
Old 09-09-2004, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

John that is impossible because the 200mm body was not on the ROAR list until very late August and the body was not out until after April. I just looked at the email and it does say that on the title from your reply but from my original email there is no title. Please forward the orginal email to me so I may look at it. At the same time I was also email ROAR about this to make sure our bodies would be legal and I have those email also. How would I tell you the body was on the ROAR list if we did not even have it completed yet. The body I emailed you about was for the worlds in Flordia. You told us that the bodies were legal because the Worlds was in our country and since that is the case it would be legal under our block for the worlds. There must be something that can be done for the people who were misled in this situation whom ever's fault it should be. I think it would be for the betterment of the hobby/sport that the bodies that are currently being run in our country be allowed to race if they meet the specs.

Here is my email that I sent to you:

Dear Sir,

We would like to know what we have to do, to have our new TC body approved to run in the IFMAR on road worlds? Right now it is ROAR approved.

Thank you,
Paul Ciccarello
Parma International

If you have anything else to tell me email me at [email protected]because this is really not the place to discuss these things. I was just trying to inform the racers what we were led to believe.

Thanks,
Paul

Last edited by chicky03; 09-09-2004 at 08:46 PM.
Old 09-09-2004, 10:19 PM
Tech Elite

Anything to keep the USA back they do it all the time.

Hey kent the SCCA is the racing organization that pretty much runs the show here for saloon/ touring racing here,
They are aproved by the FIA organisation.
so if it runs in the t-1 catagory2.1 liter and bigger its equal to DTM . And t-2 is the 2.0 liter class that is equivalent to btcc, etcc, and jtcc. Which is wear the Mazda 6 runs! T-2.

So the mazda runs in our world challenge we just didnt name it NTCC so what is the big deal. ITs our touring car series and well call it what we want! Some of the nomenclatures used world wide dont work here because its a different market. Europe is a different market in itself. No body is backwards just different in some places.

My 2 cents on ifmar is best unsaid.

Guess this is where some of us say why do I pay roar 30 dollars? So If I went to the worlds I can get screwd because they arent intrested in electric cars, only Nitro and dont submitt the list of equipment or items we'll need to use.
wonder if they submitted the GP 3300's ? You guys might be racing with sanyo 3000's. .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.