N. GA Kart thread

Old 09-14-2011, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cerijonston
GET OUT! how big? this all sounds like fun boys! Is there hotels up there.

Ceri
Yes, there are several in the area from Lafayette to I-75 I'll get the info on them. The owner of battlefieldrc has a new building that is large enough for his hobbyshop on one side and the carpet track on the other. No numbers on the size yet but I would guess 60x30. It's much bigger than the smurf turf we used to race on. I'll let snoopy explain that one for you.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:34 AM
Tech Elite

Robert mentioned a kart championship in 2012 at Lafayette. Pass the word to the other clubs. This will make the magazine's take notice. I will make sure they get the info.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:35 AM
Tech Regular

Location: AL, FL, IL, GA, MO, Canada due to race track locations and time there:)

Originally Posted by mxrich
Robert mentioned a kart championship in 2012 at Lafayette. Pass the word to the other clubs. This will make the magazine's take notice. I will make sure they get the info.

Had lunch, signed in and read Kart Championship! How cool would that be. the thing is, we need to look at some things prior to a big announcement this early. LOL. Chances are it will be there, here or ? Lets say for now, it will be in the area or there (Battlefield RC favorable) for starters. It is something we are considering and have been for sometime now.

Robert
Old 09-14-2011, 07:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

In the other forums I seen a posting about a practice date? Are you working it around when we'll be up that way? Hope so if you know whats good for you hun!

Ceri
Old 09-15-2011, 08:19 AM
Tech Regular

Location: AL, FL, IL, GA, MO, Canada due to race track locations and time there:)

In the other forums I seen a posting about a practice date? Are you working it around when we'll be up that way? Hope so if you know whats good for you hun!

Ceri

Ok, OK, No reason to break out the whips now woman!

Robert
Old 09-15-2011, 08:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If she is as nice looking as her avatar, George will do whatever she ask. He is weak like that. Plus Dexter will pressure him to do whatever she says.

Hotels... Not real close, plus its a rough part of town. Should be a nice track though when it is done. Chattanooga is only ten to fifteen minutes away from this spot and will have much more to offer in lodging and food and well its just way way way nicer than the spot where the track is.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

Actually Lafayette has two motels with plenty of room for racers. What rough part of town? Not far from Dions carpet track is the Choo choo which is a 5star hotel along with the Read house And the big one I keep forgetting it's name but it has all the conventions there.

I'm not that easy of a pushover. It takes more than that to drag me from the track like ...Pizza!

Last edited by mxrich; 09-15-2011 at 09:43 AM.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
If she is as nice looking as her avatar, George will do whatever she ask. He is weak like that. Plus Dexter will pressure him to do whatever she says.

Hotels... Not real close, plus its a rough part of town. Should be a nice track though when it is done. Chattanooga is only ten to fifteen minutes away from this spot and will have much more to offer in lodging and food and well its just way way way nicer than the spot where the track is.

smile: My avatar is much smaller I'm 5'8 in real life with a larger head that everone wants to photograph. Who's George and Dexter?

Ceri
Old 09-15-2011, 09:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by mxrich
Actually Lafayette has two motels with plenty of room for racers. What rough part of town? Not far from Dions carpet track is the Choo choo which is a 5star hotel along with the Read house And the big one I keep forgetting it's name but it has all the conventions there.

I'm not that easy of a pushover. It takes more than that to drag me from the track like Pizza!.

Now you all are confusing me. A read house what the? and no it's not because I'm blonde. I'm blonde by choice

Ceri
Old 09-15-2011, 09:53 AM
Tech Elite

The Reid house is a large very old and very upscale Hotel in Chattannoga. (not far from Lafayette) The Chattanooga Choo Choo is the same but just up the street. It has plenty to do as well as the dining room is built at the train station. Cable cars, shops and a huge Ho railway that has miles of track and locomotive rides. The whole City offers attractions that will make you want to stay an extra day or so. I have been here all my life and maybe I have seen1/3 of what goes on. Racing is priority 1 for me.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ceri keep in mind that we are talking about two locations. Lafayette where we have built this lovely asphalt track, and Rossville which is about twenty miles north in the shadow of Chattanooga. Rossville is where Dions carpet track will be. He is expanding his hobbyshop and will have room for indoor carpet racing in the winter. Maybe all year depending. Rossville is also the rough part of town. I met Dion there last night and was nervous waiting for him to show because I did not have my 9 with me.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:23 PM
Tech Regular

Now you all are confusing me. A read house what the? and no it's not because I'm blonde. I'm blonde by choice

Ceri

I know Ceri it really doesn't take much to confuse you. Kidding!

**So hey snoop and mxrich** congrats on the new track then for indoor. I bet everyone is going bonkers there. The karts will feel at home Im certain on that size. The size sounds like a decent one for the stockers to! That will be a big help in getting some new rc kartiers in your area. By the way, you now have two more stock karts heading up that way. So you guys alone now have, mxrich, snoopy, dex, bmr, chadracing, dale ? not sure if he's on here or not and another guy named Alan. I think theres a couple more in the TN area that Im forgetting who has been to your track or raced with you guys there to. Thats six by themselves not counting any outsiders like myself and fellow league racers that already exist. And you know I'll be up alot!

Robert
Old 09-15-2011, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

Oh there will be kart racing on the carpet once it's open.Not sure of the motor you handed to me but that does not matter. Cutting the track is easy these days. All I have to do is pull a Clinton and say all those charges are denyed! We have to make sure that dion runs the classes at Lafayette so when the offroad gang will have a place to race when they don't feel like traveling.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Hey All, Been keeping an eye on this thread and I've had my eyes on these karts for awhile. So now I want one to see if this is something for our club to offer. My problem....money. Any of you folks have a complete kart you might want to trade for a 10th scale chassis or something else I might have that's usable ?? If you might have an interest, please pm me and we can talk. Thanks !!
Old 09-16-2011, 05:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Evoracer
Hey All, Been keeping an eye on this thread and I've had my eyes on these karts for awhile. So now I want one to see if this is something for our club to offer. My problem....money. Any of you folks have a complete kart you might want to trade for a 10th scale chassis or something else I might have that's usable ?? If you might have an interest, please pm me and we can talk. Thanks !!
Check with www.teamedgerc.com . The owner is Robert and he has kart clubs in your area. Thankfully the karts are not exspensive and they last forever. It looks like the first kart nat's will be at the battlfield track in Lafayette, Ga in 2012. While I'm at it what F1 do you have? We will be racing them on the same day as well with a much cheaper entry than all these other championships. We are not here for the $ we just have fun with them.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.