Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club >

Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club

Like Tree1Likes

Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing Club

Old 10-23-2005, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Adelaide Nitro Offroad Racing

Nitro Offroad Racing has started in Adelaide !!

I have recently teamed up with Ian (Smeddy) from www.SDMCC.asn.au to bring nitro offroad racing to Adelaide.

We will hold our races on the 2nd sunday of every month and our track is located in the beautiful Wilfred Taylor reserve in Morphett Vale, Approximately 20 minutes drive from the heart of Adelaide.

The track was originally designed for 1/10th scale but it has been improved for 1/8th + 1/10th nitro. We even welcome you 1/4 or 1/6th ~26cc petrol guys to come out and have a thrash!.

We will also trial any other ideas you may have such as speedway/nascar style rolling starts and if popular we will implement them on a regular basis.

NEXT RACE DAY: 13th NOVEMBER

Entry is via the Mini Train rides on Wheatsheaf road, Morphett Vale.
Drivers Briefing 12.30, Racing starts 1PM sharp.
4x 5 Minute heats, and 1x 10 minute final.
$7 entry fee per driver (with free transponder hire)

Huge drivers stand, banked turns, raised sections of track and off camber corners make it exciting to drive.

Heats to be run in both clockwise AND anti-clockwise directions.

Large BBQ & Picnic areas are also available on site

Nominations by phone or email to include racing class (26cc Gas, MT, Buggy or 2wd ST):

[email protected]

Or visit my website or the Southern Districts Model Car Club website:
www.rc-racing.inghams.net
www.SDMCC.asn.au

Last edited by oblivion; 11-21-2005 at 04:54 PM.
Old 10-23-2005, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

im not a fan of this 'heats to be run in clockwise and anticlockwise directions'.. why would you do that?

You need to maintain consistancy on the day, all races need to be run in the one direction. Anyone who is half serious about thier racing will develop a setup for a track as the day goes along, to change the racing direction in the middle of a race day is not a very good idea and will only make people not want to come back to the track and race.
Old 10-23-2005, 09:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by v0rtex
im not a fan of this 'heats to be run in clockwise and anticlockwise directions'.. why would you do that?

You need to maintain consistancy on the day, all races need to be run in the one direction. Anyone who is half serious about thier racing will develop a setup for a track as the day goes along, to change the racing direction in the middle of a race day is not a very good idea and will only make people not want to come back to the track and race.
well at the end of the day it depends on what the majority of racers want, but when i raced dirt karts we raced in both directions EVERY meeting for various reasons.

1) makes you a better driver and is more challenging
2) some ppl prefer one direction, some will prefer the other. this suits everyone.
3) makes you have a more balanced setup instead of a set up to turn one direction only.

To suggest doing so means we arent serious about racing is way out in left field..Are you suggesting that many types of motorsport including AIDKA (Aust. independant dirt kart assoc) and its 20+ clubs arent serious about their racing just because ALL dirt karting tracks run heats in both directions?
IMHO, ppl who are serious have learnt how to turn left and right and would be happy to run in either direction.
i dont know why you want to limit yourself to only one direction for the entire season, but thats the sort of thing the racing majority will decide on at the start of a meet.
Old 10-23-2005, 09:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Glenn,

how lobg do tanks last in a monster truck? in a buggy, especially on the MV track where we will be spending a fair bit at WOT our tanks won't last much more than 6 - 7 minutes. i intend on taking my buggy for a test run down there & timing the run i get out of a tank.

it's just that a lot of guys won't bring a pit crew for various reasons & a 10 minute main will need a pit crew for refueling. unless we get some guys running pitstops instead of marshalling, the 10 minute main might need to be reduced until we sort something out. i'm all in favour of 10 - 15 minute mains as long as we have something in place for the guys who can't supply their own pit crew.

i'm willing to see how the multidirection works, those jumps on the infield may need a bit of tweeking, they were built for clockwise running, i guess practise will tell how they perform.

see you tomorrow night at he AGM.
Old 10-23-2005, 09:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by promugenman
Glenn,

how lobg do tanks last in a monster truck? in a buggy, especially on the MV track where we will be spending a fair bit at WOT our tanks won't last much more than 6 - 7 minutes. i intend on taking my buggy for a test run down there & timing the run i get out of a tank.

it's just that a lot of guys won't bring a pit crew for various reasons & a 10 minute main will need a pit crew for refueling. unless we get some guys running pitstops instead of marshalling, the 10 minute main might need to be reduced until we sort something out. i'm all in favour of 10 - 15 minute mains as long as we have something in place for the guys who can't supply their own pit crew.

i'm willing to see how the multidirection works, those jumps on the infield may need a bit of tweeking, they were built for clockwise running, i guess practise will tell how they perform.

see you tomorrow night at he AGM.
It depends on the truck, but from my experience the average smallblock (Tnx/Tmaxx2.5) with 125cc tank will run for 8-10 depending on tune. Bigblocks with bigger 145 -160cc tanks seem to run for a similar amount of time due to the increased tank size.
If we get enough ppl we will do 10min mains, and if not then we will just go with a regular 5min race length.

Regarding the cw/ccw direction running and other issues which may be raised now or in the future, im not going to be a dictator and tell you how it will be without getting opinions from ppl who are the regular racers, which means i do value your opinion even if it does differ from mine.

10min mains + ccw/cw direction running are all issues we will decide on at the start of our first meeting during the drivers breifing.
Old 10-23-2005, 10:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by oblivion
well at the end of the day it depends on what the majority of racers want, but when i raced dirt karts we raced in both directions EVERY meeting for various reasons.

1) makes you a better driver and is more challenging
2) some ppl prefer one direction, some will prefer the other. this suits everyone.
3) makes you have a more balanced setup instead of a set up to turn one direction only.
Well, if we're going to bring up Karting as an example, in my 8 years of bitumen Karting (including state, national and international meetings) we NEVER raced any other direction than how the meeting was started. Remember, bitumen kart tracks have left and right hand turns.

To suggest doing so means we arent serious about racing is way out in left field..Are you suggesting that many types of motorsport including AIDKA (Aust. independant dirt kart assoc) and its 20+ clubs arent serious about their racing just because ALL dirt karting tracks run heats in both directions?
Dirt karts race on ovals, yes? Fair enough that dirt karters need to practice both ways because of thier oval tracks, but our track isnt an oval and has left and right turns therefore your point is moot. Of course, dirt karts dont go over jumps either, jumps need to be built to have take off and landing sides.

IMHO, ppl who are serious have learnt how to turn left and right and would be happy to run in either direction.
i dont know why you want to limit yourself to only one direction for the entire season, but thats the sort of thing the racing majority will decide on at the start of a meet.
Turning left AND right isnt the problem. The problem is changing direction of racing in the middle of the meeting.

Back to Nitro off-road, I think it is extremely unwise and unprofessional to change direction of racing in the middle of a meeting. Sure, one meet one direction, the other meeting the other direction. Just dont change in the middle of a meeting!

As a fairly experienced RC racer, im happy and willing to help out with the club and running of the meetings - but please ask the experienced racers what they think of a change before implimenting it I hope the nitro side of the club is more formalised tomorrow night at the AGM, im happy to be a part of any official positions if so

Something else that needs to be brought up at this point is that each class will need a 5 minute (minimum) warm up before the start of thier qualifier or race - i know it takes a few mins for my buggy to come up to race temperature

I hope my response doesnt come across as rude or anything, im just really against the idea of changing direction in the middle of a meeting
Old 10-23-2005, 11:32 PM
Tech Master

Dirt karts race on ovals, yes? Fair enough that dirt karters need to practice both ways because of thier oval tracks, but our track isnt an oval and has left and right turns therefore your point is moot. Of course, dirt karts dont go over jumps either, jumps need to be built to have take off and landing sides.
We raced on some ovals but majority were either kidney shaped tracks or regular style raceway layouts with a big mix of turns - it depended on the club.. you do have some valid points regarding jumps from either direction though, and im hoping to redo the jumps if we get sdmcc approval for a bobcat.

As a fairly experienced RC racer, im happy and willing to help out with the club and running of the meetings - but please ask the experienced racers what they think of a change before implimenting it I hope the nitro side of the club is more formalised tomorrow night at the AGM, im happy to be a part of any official positions if so
Difference of opinion or not, i'd be happy to have you help run the meetings because i surely cant do it alone. As for asking the experienced racers, thats what i intend to do at the drivers breifing since the only opinions that matter are those it will affect on the day (the drivers). Majority decision will always rule is the fairest way to do it, regardless of which way it goes.

Something else that needs to be brought up at this point is that each class will need a 5 minute (minimum) warm up before the start of thier qualifier or race - i know it takes a few mins for my buggy to come up to race temperature

I hope my response doesnt come across as rude or anything, im just really against the idea of changing direction in the middle of a meeting
Yes we will have to have a warmup period. Nitro onroad @ the parks raceway (MRCCA) give you 5min warm up, then call you to the grid one minute early before the race starts @ the 5min mark, i was thinking we can do something similar. Its totally up to the driver if they use their entire 5min warmup, or just fire up in the final minute before race start.

Mate, i dont take your response negatively, and i sincerely hope you dont mine either... I actually appreciate any comments (either good or bad) when they are put forward in a constructive manner as you have, and thats why i'd be happy to have you help run the meets....

The only comments i hate/ignore are the knockers/negative ppl who have no intention of attending the meet, or those who dont offer either a reason why or an alternate solution to the problem.
Old 10-23-2005, 11:47 PM
Tech Elite

No dramas - I'm look forward to the meeting
Old 10-24-2005, 01:13 AM
Tech Adept

SDMCC AGM tomorrow night....7.30pm Mitchell Park Community Centre!

Come and have your say.....
Old 10-24-2005, 02:31 AM
Tech Master

Default club name

shouldn't it be called Southern Districts Nitro Car Club?
Old 10-24-2005, 02:33 AM
Tech Master

Default club name

Old 10-24-2005, 02:41 AM
Tech Master

sdmcc has been around for a long time, they left the morphett vale track in 99 and moved to mitchell park where they still race today.. since we are using their equipment and giving them all the revenue, its only fair it be run under the sdmcc name.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

you gotta be happy with the support the nitro offroad got last night. as long as we can pull the drivers consistently to the meetings it should be a successfull section.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:28 PM
Tech Master

yes i was impressed by the support for nitro that was shown by sdmcc's head honcho's aswell as the other members who attended the AGM.. they supported our venture 110% without any if's,but's or maybe's, and were generous enough to approve the bobcat work before we've even held any meetings..
For that i am truely greatful and owe SDMCC a huge thanks (and more)
if it wasnt for them it would still be a pipe dream.

speaking of drivers, i had more nominations's last night when i got home, and we now have a full field of 10x buggy's... any more buggy nom's and it will be split into A grade and B grade accordingly.

full steam ahead for nitro offroad.. HOOAH SOLDIERS!!
Old 10-25-2005, 08:06 PM
Tech Regular

do you want any car tyres to place around the edge of the track ? a fellow work mate was wondering if they are any use for the club ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.