Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
•• Sheboygan, WI  •• New Track ••  New Leadership  •• >

•• Sheboygan, WI •• New Track •• New Leadership ••

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

•• Sheboygan, WI •• New Track •• New Leadership ••

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 10:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

I got out there yesterday and meet 2 of the guys working on it. It looks good. Very large. Nice drivers stand.

They have a facebook page also.

I took some pictures but you can find pictures on their facebook. Thanks for all your hard work.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (96%+)

It would be great to have a track that is of interest for the 1/10 and 1/8 scale group. My son and his friends live there and would like to have a track that raises interest in the two classes most popular in the hobby. They helped when the track was just starting but then the schedule got so confusing and the interest died because no one knew if or when they were racing. I hope for them that this track can grow more for the interest of the larger group too so it will improve the hobby locally. Not that I am against 1/5 scale. They are cool in their own way. But true racers of the smaller 1/10 and 1/8 scale trucks and buggies get bored on a wider less "air" track. Just my suggestion for growth. Not my attempt to "piss" anyone off. If it did, Im sorry. Chuck
Old 10-10-2011, 08:07 AM
Tech Elite

I agree with you Chuck, 1/10th and 1/8th would be the most popular. A regualr schedule would help also.

I am going to be trying to race both at Dirt Heaven and Victory hobbies up in Green Bay this winter. Say hi to me if you can as i know nobody in the Wisconsin racing scene.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:41 AM
Tech Addict

I was out there saturday with my wife to check it out. Looks like a nice place and would love to get some regular racing going in the spring/summer. Just need to get the word out
Old 10-10-2011, 05:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Brit_racer
I agree with you Chuck, 1/10th and 1/8th would be the most popular. A regualr schedule would help also.

I am going to be trying to race both at Dirt Heaven and Victory hobbies up in Green Bay this winter. Say hi to me if you can as i know nobody in the Wisconsin racing scene.
Ive raced at Dirt Heaven. Nice guys. Never raced dirt at Victory but I know some of those guys too.
I race at Trackside in the fall- spring seasons. Come on down on a friday night and have some fun. Im hoping to be there this friday night. I dont make it every week. Kinda tough with the distance and all. But I aim for every other or so. Chuck
Old 10-11-2011, 12:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Last edited by hndaman1; 12-11-2011 at 12:06 PM.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcracenut
Ive raced at Dirt Heaven. Nice guys. Never raced dirt at Victory but I know some of those guys too.
I race at Trackside in the fall- spring seasons. Come on down on a friday night and have some fun. Im hoping to be there this friday night. I dont make it every week. Kinda tough with the distance and all. But I aim for every other or so. Chuck
yeah i am hoping to make it down to trackside a few times. They have an indoor mountain bike track in Milwaukee too i go to sometimes.

I tore my quad muscle this weekend mountain biking so it looks i might be rc racing more
Old 10-11-2011, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hndaman1
like I said before there is only 2 people working on the track and your more then welcome to come "help" change the layout anytime.. and cut the lawn and do any other work thisiis a FREE track we do not plan on making any BIG air jumps just for a 2-3 people to "bash" on.. the 5th scale crowd is dying out...
I live 60 miles away. So Im not very available but if this track is going to set up a race program for the 1/10 and 1/8 scales on saturday, I will come on a saturday to help put the track together. All so my son and friends have a local track to run in the summer
. My son spent alot of time and invested some mney in supplies for the track last year to get this off the ground. He was disappointed how it didnt organize well. So getting willing help isnt a problem as long as it is a 10th and 8th track of interest. Someone has to get this organized with a regular schedule to make it work. Otherwise all this will be is a "bash" track.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Brit_racer
yeah i am hoping to make it down to trackside a few times. They have an indoor mountain bike track in Milwaukee too i go to sometimes.

I tore my quad muscle this weekend mountain biking so it looks i might be rc racing more
Yup. You dont tear quad musles racing rc cars. Im going to Trackside this friday night to race. Look me up if your there. I race a Losi 4x4 sct and Losi xxxsct. If you get there in time I will have a Toppers pizza you can get a piece of. Chuck
Old 10-20-2011, 05:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcracenut
Yup. You dont tear quad musles racing rc cars. Im going to Trackside this friday night to race. Look me up if your there. I race a Losi 4x4 sct and Losi xxxsct. If you get there in time I will have a Toppers pizza you can get a piece of. Chuck
Thanks Chuck!! sorry i missed it. I went up to Victory Hobbies and had my 11 yr old daughter running rc cars for her first time ever..shes been begging me to race since i took her to the track when she was 4! Of course it was nice for me to run on a track after a 7 year break too

I think we are mainly going to stick up at Green Bay with the occasional trip to Trackside for the winter.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Thumbs up track

i just want to say,i am 1 of the guys that help do the 1/5 scale track earlier this year and matt and i built the stand,although it suits our needs as a 1/5 scale owner,i would like to comend whoever is doing the work on the old fifthscale track.It looks so dam good i had to get another1/10 scale and probobly a few more this winter haha!No realy i just want to say it looks realy good and is a real drivable track.I am looking forward to what the spring may have to offer,we had some good times out there in the past,we just need to get the word out this winter and try to organize some races for spring and summer.I also think that the 1/5 scale track could very easly get turned into a fast,cool 1/8 scale track that the 1/5 scales could also just fart around on.The 1/5 scale is a dying breed in this neck of the woods.allthough i know there is a handfull still out there and would like to have a place to ripp around 1/8 &1/10 will definetly be a plus for the hobby around here.As a 1/5 scale owner I AM 100% for the direction the track is going!
Old 10-29-2011, 10:54 PM
Tech Adept

still making small changes to the new 10th scale track. next spring i will be looking to finish the 5th scale track, but if their are not enough people with the 5th scale i will change the layout just a bit and add a circle track on the one end.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Last edited by hndaman1; 12-11-2011 at 12:06 PM.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:30 AM
Tech Regular

I've just got to say that in the 12 or so years I've been "racing" RC I've met a lot of people and for the most part they are all very friendly and helpfull. Out of all these people Chuck has to be one of the BEST so far!!! I think his point Is that if you want people to help build a racetrack you need to hold a few races on it!
I was out there with my tractor and trailer to help tear out old jumps and haul lumber away. Unfortunatly I was not able to help more because I had to repair my rental property old tenents trashed. I had hoped to get back to helping and run some races but by then it seemed the track died. If we can get a schedule of racing(doesent even need "specials") maybe work will get done.
I really hoped this track would take off and still do but alienating people for their constructive critisism is NOT going to help.
SO say what you want about ME now but if you don't know me SHUT THE HE// UP!!!

Vaughn
Old 11-04-2011, 10:41 AM
Tech Adept

im planning on being at the track tomorrow to put finishing touches on it for the winter. im going to try to get there about 9 or 10. if anyone wants to koin thats cool. if not thats cool too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.