Wiki Posts
Search

Jammin X1 - so close yet so far

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 10:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mister-E
Pwnzor,

I have measured the uni's of the X1CR, measured from the ball at the outdrive cup untill the wheel adapter:
Front: 129 mm
Rear: 127 mm
Hi Guys
I have been through this exersize so many times.
The K SP2 front unis will work for the X1 in front. The rear is too long.
If you can find Hyper 7 rears then it will work for X1 rear.

The latest Jammin unis are definitely better than before. You must make sure that you lubricate the universal joints with some chain lube or dry lubricant.
Ive just resorted to using the stock unis, its cheaper and lasts long enough.
Old 12-29-2007, 04:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

What about the centers? Back n forth with the TM and Jammin now, huh?
Old 12-29-2007, 11:20 PM
MG
Tech Apprentice

What is difference between White and Silver shock spring for HN B/B shock?
Old 12-30-2007, 11:47 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Silver/Chrome are a little firmer then the White springs. Chad said Whites in the front would give the car more aggresive steering but other then that run the Silver/Chrome
Old 01-09-2008, 11:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

wow this fell back quite a few pages well i raced my buggy this past weekend didnt do to bad for being my 2nd time having the buggy out. here is a video from my 3rd qualifier
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1WCoRI6P4A

and some pictures of the buggy ready to go this weekend

Last edited by cheesecake; 01-09-2008 at 11:36 PM.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:53 PM
Tech Adept

MY GARAGE: Well, not for long....the baby on the right is one I put together with spares and is going to a club mate in a few days. The one on the left is my current ride. The one on the bottom is my next project...heheheheh!!I can't wait to get my hands on it and get it together and running!! if only I had more time!!

You can see my work bench gets a bit messy!! I like it that way (everything handy at the same time, but when I end up working in a small corner, I know it's time to put it in order. My table seems soooo big then!!
Attached Thumbnails Jammin X1 - so close yet so far-pc300505bis.jpg  
Old 01-11-2008, 04:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (99%+)

heres my x1cr as a roller I bought used, only has 1/2 gall on it, no engine or pipe yet until April when club racing starts at my local track, I just added super bb's, updated radio box, updated servo saver, updated rear hubs, lightened f/r diff outdrive cups, I will be installing KhZ shock towers f/r in couple daysso I will have the 7th camber location as a tuning option, then I am gonna get lightened center diff outdrive cups, and 48t lightened spur. I will be running a Novarossi bf.21 and TTR 2035 long pipe in it. I weighed the stock outdrive cups on digi and they were 11.2grams, the lightened outdrive cups are 9.4, so I free'd up 7.2 grams of mass in the drivetrain just in the f/r, thats an awesome upgrade right there, $ well spent IMO on the lightened drivetrain

Old 01-11-2008, 04:12 PM
Tech Adept

Message repeated, so I'll use it to say those are some prretty nice looking rides, guys!!! I never thught of dressing the X1 in green , purple or white, but they look great!!
Old 01-11-2008, 04:13 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mister-E
Hi guys,

Just upgraded my standard shocks to the "standard big bore" and was wondering which spring to use and which oil thickness.

With the standard shocks, I was using the blue springs all around and 35WT at the rear and 45WT at the front.

With the big bore shocks, I was planning to get the progressive RMV PBR Special Shock Springs.
http://www.carolinasrc.com/Webstore/...ld=description

Any suggestion/experience is appreciated!!

Tx a lot in advance.
I just snached a set of second hand 13mm big bores (Santa said I wasn't good enough last year for 16mm's!!!). With new shafts and o-rings they seem ready to hit the track. I've got two questions:

-They came with a set of light blue springs and a set of light grey and I can't figure them out. They both feel "medium" when compressed (maybe the grey are slightly firmer). The seller says he doesn't remember what the springs are. Could it be the mugen soft and medium??

-My track is medium sized, with small but sharp jumps and a bit uneven (small bumps and far apart, not big bumps or rithm). What oils would you recomend??

Any experience / insight appreciated!!

BTW: progressive springs sound great in theory, but I never see any of the fast guys use them...I wonder why??
Old 01-11-2008, 07:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DR ZAIRUS
I just snached a set of second hand 13mm big bores (Santa said I wasn't good enough last year for 16mm's!!!). With new shafts and o-rings they seem ready to hit the track. I've got two questions:

-They came with a set of light blue springs and a set of light grey and I can't figure them out. They both feel "medium" when compressed (maybe the grey are slightly firmer). The seller says he doesn't remember what the springs are. Could it be the mugen soft and medium??

-My track is medium sized, with small but sharp jumps and a bit uneven (small bumps and far apart, not big bumps or rithm). What oils would you recomend??

Any experience / insight appreciated!!

BTW: progressive springs sound great in theory, but I never see any of the fast guys use them...I wonder why??

DR ZAIRUS: Those are Mugen soft (blue) and medium (grey) springs. For oil I would start with 45 up front and 35 in the rear with the stock pistons and blue springs.

pwnzor: I would go with the Jammin 5mm towers. PM me if you have any questions.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

I dont want to drill the 7th hole myself on the rear tower, KhZ is a quality made product and they look nice as well.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Trevor that is what came on my Jammin when I had it, and I must say your assumption is right about the KHZ towers, they are great quality (like all their stuff) and no drilling required. Plus I think they may have a few more shock mounting options?
Old 01-11-2008, 09:04 PM
Tech Elite

absolutely, it is very good quality. The KhZ towers should be here Sunday.

the Khz rear tower has 10 shock locations and 7 camber locations and they are 6mm
the Jammin FTE rear tower has 6 shock locations and 6 camber locations and they are 5mm
Old 01-11-2008, 09:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

super big bores are on there way and the pillow ball steering will be installed at the same time
Old 01-12-2008, 07:38 AM
Tech Elite

cool deal man, keep us informed on how you like the PBS Setup.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.