Wiki Posts
Search

GS Storm and Storm Cl-1 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 11:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Storm

I have both. My CL-1 Advanced Plus buggies are the ones I am keeping. I have 2 Fioroni modified Storm Pro's that I am selling and also a parts car that was rtr but has many Pro parts and enough to complete it as another roller.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:31 PM
Tech Addict

GS Storm and Storm Cl-1 Thread-picture038.jpg

GS Storm and Storm Cl-1 Thread-picture039.jpg

GS Storm and Storm Cl-1 Thread-picture040.jpg

GS Storm and Storm Cl-1 Thread-picture041.jpg
So this looks like a butchered XUT but I'm not sure since I'm not familiar with truggies. Was the XUT available as a rtr? This one has a lot of plastic where the XUT used composites and aluminum. And what about that front end? Hubs like the 1/10 scale GS Shadow used but larger. Was this a stock option on the XUT or has someone done a homemade conversion from the pillow ball to this? I can't find any pictures of that upper arm on a GS. Mugen maybe? Thanks everyone

Last edited by BrettL; 09-05-2013 at 01:33 PM. Reason: I just can't shut up!
Old 09-05-2013, 02:42 PM
D8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Brett.. it looks old and I am not even sure what it is.,the chassis doesn't even look gs. I will have to search around.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:03 PM
Tech Addict

Default Hmmm....

Yeah, after closer inspection, the gearboxes aren't right for the XUT either. I may be way off on the GS guess. I've looked at all the other brands old and new and so far no matches. Just bits here and there that match one brand and another. It may be a Frankenstein truggy. The confusing part is the chassis is factory and everything matches the bolt patterns. I guess I jumped the gun on this judging by the top plate for the center diff(XUT identical) and the CL1-like diff cases. Fuel tank looks XUT to but anybody can swap those out and many times with the same bolt pattern. I'm stumped but it is kind of fun trying to figure it out. Later.

And thanks for that avatar link Carlos, looks good!
Old 09-05-2013, 05:58 PM
D8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

you can always make it a new project.. years ago there was this guy in California that went by the user name Socal in the OFNA forum that used to make some killer truggy projects and that chassis kinda looks like something that he would do.. but anyways, see what fits and make something out of it..

you might find a few truggy pics here..
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...=0-0&sp=-1&sk=

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...-0&sp=-1&sk=#a

or change the name in the bing search bar to GS Racing CLX and you will see more pics of the buggy..
Old 12-31-2013, 03:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (90%+)
Default GS CL1

Originally Posted by turtletrax
I have a really nice cl1 pro roller if anybody is looking for a parts/better car
HI DO YOU STILL HAVE THE CL1 BUGGY IM LOOKING FOR CLX AND CL1s thanks
Old 07-02-2015, 06:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by BrettL
Hi, I'm Brett. I have two old Storm Pros that just won't quit. Also an Option Team Fioroni Storm that's still a shelf queen, but not for long! I know Marcus is dusting off his CL-1. Who else has the old Storm or CL-1? I'd like to start a GS thread to share set up tips and chat about our Storms. I think it could help GS just a bit if people see this thread and see what a competitive and durable car GS makes. My old Storms are still competitive in the right hands(not mine!). So please share your experiences with these great buggies and trucks. Most underated car on the market? I think it could be. Hope to hear from some of you soon.
!!you still have your Storm CL-1?
Old 07-03-2015, 06:38 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Wells8293
Yes. Great buggy! I'm taking it to the track in a little while.. Do you have one?
Old 07-03-2015, 07:55 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Wells8293
Yes. Great buggy! I'm taking it to the track in a little while.. Do you have one?
Old 07-03-2015, 02:00 PM
Tech Initiate

yes!! I do have one but I have a problem I don't really wanna race it until I have parts on hand but I can't find them any were!! You know of a place?
Old 07-03-2015, 10:36 PM
Tech Addict

Unfortunately GS hasn't been heard from since 2009. EBay is your best chance. Nitrotek, in the UK, sells some GS parts. I've bought from them and it was hassle-free. I'd try wanted ads on the classifieds here as well. I wouldn't invest a lot in it though, parts are going to get tougher to find, its already pretty hard to find them now. I have a bunch of spares so I'm probably going to use mine until I run out of part.

I recently found 2 good deals on Associated RC8.2s. These would be a great alternative to investing in your GS. There's a new RC8.3 so the RC8.2 is pretty common and inexpensive to pick up. If you invest in another brand, stick with Associated, Losi, Mugen, Kyosho, or other big names who have been around a long time. It's usually best to choose one that your local hobby shop stocks parts for.

GS made a great product but never established a solid market in the US. They're a small wing of a big Taiwan company called GS Silicones.

Do you know which CL-1 you have? There's a rtr, CL-1, CL-1 Advanced, and CL-1 Advanced Plus. Good luck in your search for parts.
Old 07-04-2015, 05:25 AM
Tech Initiate

Dam. Ya I've found a few people on eBay not much tho. I have this one guy sending me some arms all away around but no upper front arms. It sucks too because this is my first buggy an I really like it. The guy before put a lot of money in it an it looked barely used. So idk what I wanna do thinking I'm going to sell it. I think it's a Storm CL-1 it came as a kit I have the book that shows you how to put it together. Thank you so much for getting back to me.
Old 07-04-2015, 06:24 PM
Tech Addict

I have a bunch of parts so I'll continue to drive mine til it pukes. In your position tough, I'd probably sell it for whatever I can get and invest in an Associated or Losi. Lot of other good ones put there but these 2 seem to have the best local parts support wherever I've been. Also, they don't make anew model every single year. This means you can make your investment and count on buying parts for several years. I've recently bought Associated RC8.2s very inexpensive because Associated has come out with the RC8.3. It's, tough,competitive just about anywhere, and parts will still be easy to find for several years.
Old 07-05-2015, 07:01 AM
Tech Initiate

I have a bunch of parts so I'll continue to drive mine til it pukes. In your position tough, I'd probably sell it for whatever I can get and invest in an Associated or Losi. Lot of other good ones put there but these 2 seem to have the best local parts support wherever I've been. Also, they don't make anew model every single year. This means you can make your investment and count on buying parts for several years. I've recently bought Associated RC8.2s very inexpensive because Associated has come out with the RC8.3. It's, tough,competitive just about anywhere, and parts will still be easy to find for several years.
Thanks for all your help I think selling it will be a good idea an ill look in to a new buggy.
Old 07-06-2015, 10:45 AM
Tech Regular

I still have a GS Racing CL-1 Advanced Plus roller that I have never ran.. if anyone needs a backup?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.