Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Durango DNX408 Prototype

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 09:10 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just tried contacting them. We shall see what they say about the availability of the DNX kit they are selling.

They have all the latest 1/8th nitro kits listed for sale and the prices are really cheap. Something smells funny. Kyosho was $559USD which is still the most expensive

stay tuned...
Old 07-09-2010, 09:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

that website also has all other cars cheap also... hmmnnn
Old 07-09-2010, 09:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jzemaxx
That was just for the 1/10th scale stuff though.
Correct. Though realistically, if they (the bootleggers) can copy one car, who's to say that they can't do another? I wonder if that the long delay in stock availability from Durango was due to them changing manufacturing subcontractors? It could be that the source of the bootlegs was the manufacturer itself, which is very common in China.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by captain america
Correct. Though realistically, if they (the bootleggers) can copy one car, who's to say that they can't do another? I wonder if that the long delay in stock availability from Durango was due to them changing manufacturing subcontractors? It could be that the source of the bootlegs was the manufacturer itself, which is very common in China.

Very common indeed.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:20 PM
Tech Addict

Default Ready for sale?

This is what I found on Team Durango website, News from today. We might have the DNX 408 sooner than we spect? maybe, maybe not, news mention TDurango as a whole not a specific model. ALso in the same page is the list of all the hobby shops that will carry Team Durango products as for now.

From TD website http://www.team-durango.com/blog/?p=1155

"Following our recent news that “HRP” (www.hrpdealer.com) are the primary distributor for Team Durango in USA and Canada, we are delighted to announce that their stock has arrived and is ready for sale."

I just send a email to HRP, let see if I have a answer about this news.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:28 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by VWVR6_T
This is what I found on Team Durango website, News from today. We might have the DNX 408 sooner than we spect? maybe, maybe not, news mention TDurango as a whole not a specific model. ALso in the same page is the list of all the hobby shops that will carry Team Durango products as for now.

"Following our recent news that “HRP” (www.hrpdealer.com) are the primary distributor for Team Durango in USA and Canada, we are delighted to announce that their stock has arrived and is ready for sale."

Only the 10th scale is out. The DNX408 is not here yet.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:36 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by wazee
Didn't pay anything yet. I won't transfer money to them until they offer paypal.
As well all know they probably won't have any durangos on stock, but you'll never know..

I can wait, will be my car for the next season.
I would be a little worried sending money too. The name of the store is Yakuza RC. Why would you name your website after an organized crime mob?
Old 07-09-2010, 01:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

I've sent emails to Amain and HRP and I'll report back.

Interesting because the car doesn't have any more details or info on TD's website and is still shown as "coming soon."

But maybe the car is out and that's why there are vids on youtube etc... TD is out at the Euros currently and without know exactly how big of a company they are, that may be why the website hasn't updated..

Its all speculation at this point but hopefully I will have responses in the next 24-48hrs
Old 07-09-2010, 01:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by t8rtot
I've sent emails to Amain and HRP and I'll report back.

Interesting because the car doesn't have any more details or info on TD's website and is still shown as "coming soon."

But maybe the car is out and that's why there are vids on youtube etc... TD is out at the Euros currently and without know exactly how big of a company they are, that may be why the website hasn't updated..

Its all speculation at this point but hopefully I will have responses in the next 24-48hrs
Just call HRP and ask for Scott. He is the sales manager... EXT-103.
Old 07-09-2010, 02:59 PM
Tech Elite

Got my reply from HRP. Car will not be available until late summer. So I'm not sure what the news update on TD's website is all about

On another note.. is it just me or do the front shock towers look taller on cars at the euros than the car pictured on the TD website? If so its good to that they are perfecting the car.I won't have a problem being a 1st production run guinea pig seeing how the do the r&d themselves instead of rushing out the car and making the customers do it for them (cough cough, serpent). Haha jk, serpent is alright but seeing as though they are a company with a reputable back ground I'm sure they'll get it worked out.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:07 PM
Tech Regular

Got my reply from HRP. Car will not be available until late summer. So I'm not sure what the news update on TD's website is all about

On another note.. is it just me or do the front shock towers look taller on cars at the euros than the car pictured on the TD website? If so its good to that they are perfecting the car.I won't have a problem being a 1st production run guinea pig seeing how the do the r&d themselves instead of rushing out the car and making the customers do it for them (cough cough, serpent). Haha jk, serpent is alright but seeing as though they are a company with a reputable back ground I'm sure they'll get it worked out.
all distributors received a discrete stock of DEX410R and DEX410S 2010 in last few days, if you take a look at the TD Site you can see they updated the DEX410R available status and going to do the same for the DEX410 next week
Old 07-09-2010, 03:10 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by razo125
Only the 10th scale is out. The DNX408 is not here yet.
HRP has the DEX410 1/10th scale available for sale in the US now.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mazzinga
all distributors received a discrete stock of DEX410R and DEX410S 2010 in last few days, if you take a look at the TD Site you can see they updated the DEX410R available status and going to do the same for the DEX410 next week
We're talking about the DNX408. I am fully aware of the R and full spec kit. I think we were all hoping for the 408 a little sooner then later
Old 07-09-2010, 03:35 PM
Tech Addict

We're talking about the DNX408. I am fully aware of the R and full spec kit. I think we were all hoping for the 408 a little sooner then later
We're was just responding to your post regarding not being sure what the TD news was about. The news on the TD website is about the sale of the DEX410 and parts....
Old 07-09-2010, 07:40 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by VWVR6_T

All the noise in HRP is just for the DEX 410R. This is What HRP said in the email.

"The DNX408 is not due until late summer/early fall. At this time only the DEX410R is available.

HRP Distributing
2371 S. 3600 W.
West Valley City, UT 84119
800-622-7223
866-766-7223 (fax)
www.hrpdealer.com"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.