Wiki Posts
Search

Boost is Dead

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 12:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
You guys want me to TRUST a blinky light, come on!!! I don't see anybody coming with tech a solution to guarantee nobody cheats from the firmware: so I wanted to give you all a few ideas.,that's all.Even choosing from a thousand motors in spec class is cheating to me !!! Forget about my post count and man up and run mod at jackson or floyd(where I race)...Now I know why most of you don't run mod!!! Only the four mod racers on the jackson youtube videos get credit!!! Mr Larry from the video I assumed that everybody was gunning it and not lifting off ok...I also know some of you are talented (eg: Mike Haynes,Rob, etc...), but why the talented ones are the only ones running mod???? I am pretty new to the competitive side of rc, but I have been around the floyd nitro racers since about 2004, and I understand why they unilaterally chose nitro...See you soon at floyd with your mod car if you can backup your statements.......AH....
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chubbspeterson
Rob those were silver, the flywheel was silver....

Nuoob.....
You'll never get the Golden Flywheel with that attitude...
Old 05-19-2011, 01:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SlowerOne
From those posts, I am very glad not to be racing in the States. Clearly I cannot trust any meeting results from anywhere since you are all a bunch of cheats in Stock. I'm rather glad I live over here and I can trust my fellow competitors, and where we have never had a top-ten driver caught breaking the Stock Rules.
LOL....

"You must be cheating, because I'm cheating and you're beating me!!"
Old 05-19-2011, 01:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:36 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by robk
You'll never get the Golden Flywheel with that attitude...
Your right....I love this thread....let's rename it, since we are off the boos subject to:

"Everyone is cheating!"

Good morning ladies, open up those virgin eye's.....I hate to tell you this, but the world.....it's a tuff place, people do bad things. So I am going to shelter you from all that. I'll build a room for you in the basment, you never will half to leave.

Come on people, turn on the news, read a paper.....People cheat, regardless of the rules, hell it's part of most sports. Put your man pants on and race.....

All of the sudden everyone lives by some high moral code....

"Oh I would never cheat at RC racing, how horrible!.....what the girl that works in the office, ah my wife will never find out....My Taxes? Yea I disclosed everything......My boss, no I was sick that day you saw me on tv at the Met's game......"
Old 05-19-2011, 04:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chubbspeterson
My boss, no I was sick that day you saw me on tv at the Met's game......"
You clearly cant stop lying.....No one would admit to being a Mets fan....let alone going to one of the games.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You guys want me to TRUST a blinky light, come on!!! I don't see anybody coming with tech a solution to guarantee nobody cheats from the firmware: so I wanted to give you all a few ideas.,that's all.Even choosing from a thousand motors in spec class is cheating to me !!! Forget about my post count and man up and run mod at jackson or floyd(where I race)...Now I know why most of you don't run mod!!! Only the four mod racers on the jackson youtube videos get credit!!! Mr Larry from the video I assumed that everybody was gunning it and not lifting off ok...I also know some of you are talented (eg: Mike Haynes,Rob, etc...), but why the talented ones are the only ones running mod???? I am pretty new to the competitive side of rc, but I have been around the floyd nitro racers since about 2004, and I understand why they unilaterally chose nitro...See you soon at floyd with your mod car if you can backup your statements.......AH....
you probably also believe the world is actually gonna end on the 21st i race at jackson and we are the most honest and dedicated racers you will ever come across!! and if the mod guys come to floyd and spank you then you will say they are cheating in mod!
Old 05-19-2011, 05:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

yes some times people cheat.
but every race track has 1 or 2 fast guys,that are always faster than everyone else no matter what.
but with that being said (i have not seen the video) maybe the guy accusing them of cheating has little to no racing experience to understand that if a driver runs a much cleaner faster corner,then this exit speed transfers to the straight.
this can make the car look much faster than the car that did not run a good corner,even if both cars are evenly matched spec wise.
either that or he is one of those guys "i cant win so i will accuse them of cheating"
never understanding or excepting the fact the other guy is just a better driver.
hell its sounds like its getting to the point were points wont be allocated or trophies won for winning. everyone one who entered will get a trophy so the looses don't feel bad
Old 05-19-2011, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Their will going to be some form of legal cheating no matter what lol... I agree with you run MOD if you got webos lol... With MOD at least I know I got beat fair and square is not because of a damn hand massage motor lol.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:31 PM
Tech Champion

The Mod class should be mandatory everywhere real Men race!!! The numbers don't lie at all: there are always fewer mod racers in the US than anywhere else!!! In Europe and Asia, even girls and nine year old boys step up to mod and 8scale speed !!! None of them are so insecure about themselves, or worried that much about how they look in the end!!!! I couldn't care less if people spank me in Mod at Floyd; what matters is that I am not afraid of bad I could look....
Old 05-19-2011, 07:46 PM
Tech Champion

Mod class = Rc soul cleansing !!! It tests all you have to offer period!!!! If you feel like you have anything positive to offer.........HA......
Old 05-19-2011, 07:50 PM
Tech Champion

It is still quiet here !!! Just like the Us mod class turnout........
Old 05-19-2011, 08:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

boost is not dead, i ran it just the other day.

I haven't kept up on the thread cause it just got silly,

lets discuss mod, I ran mod at vegas, I ran mod at the Reedy race of champions, does that make me a mod driver, hell no, the reasons I ran those classes is cause I suck at mod and knew I would be in the C main and didn't care, I was there for the hang time and to meet new friends, When i get serious and want to have a race and do some work to try and do my best I run the stock classes, because to me, IMO that is where the greatest COMPETION is, do not read that as.... thats where the fastest drivers are...clearly the fastest drivers are in MOD, but FOR ME the best race is has always been in the Stock class, now if you have a ego or are a true believer that the only way to race is in the mod class more power to you, just don't try and push it off on me, or try to make me feel like less of a racer because I choose to run stock, ever been to drag race, are not the "little guys" working just as hard as the pros, ever been to motorcycle race, motocross or flat track, are not the guys on the little bikes working just as hard and racing just as hard and the factory guys, I can't think of a single form of racing other then RC where guys will give other guys crap for not running what YOU want them to run, and thats the problem with RC. NOT BOOST or NO BOOST
Old 05-20-2011, 05:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Mod class = Rc soul cleansing !!! It tests all you have to offer period!!!! If you feel like you have anything positive to offer.........HA......
Time to up the medication or loosen the tin foil hat.
Old 05-20-2011, 06:55 AM
Tech Adept

Hey Fairtrace, you owe me a six pack for the one I just drank trying to sooth the HUGE bump on my head after falling off my chair howling at the screen!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.