Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best 1/12 scale site??

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 08:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Actually I'm going F-1 Tamiya racing and 1/12 racing with a new Carpet Knife!! I'm planning on racing at WCRC--I talked to Bob Novak-- and he's said that the asphalt track at WCRC is AWSOME!! Good bite--indoors--nice place to race.
I'm trying to get my 1/12 scale car together to bring with my F-1's on Saturday. There's a large race Saturday with F-1's-- I just got my new Novak Havok 1c with 13.5 motor in the mail. Now If I can get my tires--rear axle and differential stuff in time--I can put my 1/12 together. But THAT'S THE PLAN STAN!!! I think it will help my 1/5 scale driving too--I've been racing 1/5 on road with FG cars--BIG FUN!!!
Anyway--after laying off of racing cars since "94" --I'm back in a BIG way!!!
Looking forward to swapping paint with some old friends--Jay Kimbrough has the new gear sets I need--and I talked to Tony Neisinger--he's gonna come play too!! All you old 1/12 scale guys---blow the dust off and come out and play!!!
Tim
PS--I did send a note out to Frank Calandra that I was using his car--trying to see if he can help with basic setups etc.--but he hasn't gotten back to me. Are they still active in racing? I saw the website--but website's don't mean much.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Nexus is the place!
Old 12-02-2009, 08:52 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by Quante
Are you sure they will?? I'm waiting for a week now to get an answer after their shop said: mail for shipping price...
The entire CRC crew was at the Indoor Champs in Cleveland last week, so that's probably why they didn't respond. They were racing Wednesday - Sunday!
Old 12-06-2009, 04:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ralph m
www.ashfordhobby.com

Robert had a great stock of CRC parts and real-time inventory too.
+1
Great prices and super fast shipping
Old 12-06-2009, 06:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

If you're in SoCal and wanting to run 12th, my first suggestion would be to check out OCRC. I visited this summer and there were 8-15 racers on a weekday race night. Sean Cochran and Mike McMahon were really helpful as well as Moose. It's indoor carpet in Huntington Beach.

AWD
Old 12-06-2009, 08:54 AM
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
If you're in SoCal and wanting to run 12th, my first suggestion would be to check out OCRC. I visited this summer and there were 8-15 racers on a weekday race night. Sean Cochran and Mike McMahon were really helpful as well as Moose. It's indoor carpet in Huntington Beach.

AWD
sadly, OCRC shut down its carpet track and increased it's offroad track size.
( a week after i assembled a new genxl doh!)