Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Texas Twister '09 -- Video >

Texas Twister '09 -- Video

Texas Twister '09 -- Video

Old 02-17-2009, 11:02 PM
Tech Addict

Default Texas Twister '09 -- Video

The Texas Twister is the idea of Steve Conway. It started last year and its a race for charity. Each year they pick a deserving child that needs money for medical problems. This year's child is Kinzie. A beautiful little girl with ongoing medical needs the family just can't afford.

The race was awesome and between the racers and the raffle they raised over 7000 bucks. I was there filming and I'm going to do a DVD of the proceedings to benefit the cause. Actually I'm donating the footage to Steve and he'll be selling the disks. You can check out the whole story at www.texastwisterevents.com and that is where the DVD's will be sold. 100% of the money raised off these DVD's will be going to the child and family.

I know its tough times but if you have a few spare bucks how about pitching in on this cause. Its all racers doing something for the community. Something I'm sure you can relate too.

Here is the only public release off the DVD. The Teaser. The music on this DVD is provided by a band in San Antonio called Drive. You can check them out at www.drivemusic.com

Texas Twister '09

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Hope you enjoy the vid and can contribute to the cause. After all this is racers doing something for the community. I'm sure you can relate to that. Lots of people have asked me for a DVD here is your chance to get one and help out a special little girl in the process. Thanks!!!

Griz
Old 02-17-2009, 11:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by griz11
The Texas Twister is the idea of Steve Conway. It started last year and its a race for charity. Each year they pick a deserving child that needs money for medical problems. This year's child is Kinzie. A beautiful little girl with ongoing medical needs the family just can't afford.

The race was awesome and between the racers and the raffle they raised over 7000 bucks. I was there filming and I'm going to do a DVD of the proceedings to benefit the cause. Actually I'm donating the footage to Steve and he'll be selling the disks. You can check out the whole story at www.texastwisterevents.com and that is where the DVD's will be sold. 100% of the money raised off these DVD's will be going to the child and family.

I know its tough times but if you have a few spare bucks how about pitching in on this cause. Its all racers doing something for the community. Something I'm sure you can relate too.

Here is the only public release off the DVD. The Teaser. The music on this DVD is provided by a band in San Antonio called Drive. You can check them out at www.drivemusic.com

Texas Twister '09

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Hope you enjoy the vid and can contribute to the cause. After all this is racers doing something for the community. I'm sure you can relate to that. Lots of people have asked me for a DVD here is your chance to get one and help out a special little girl in the process. Thanks!!!

Griz
very good video griz.

just to clarify, the texas twister isnt benefitting an organization that will pocket more than 1/2 of donations. the beneficiary each year is a single family, they are seeing 100% of the proceeds that is what makes this event so great. no money grubbing organizations to interfere with the benefits.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:08 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

awesome track layout....Im liking that big Berm and the jump section's.

as always i look forward to the Full version of the vids...keep it up Griz.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:16 PM
Tech Addict

Default Thanks Looped

Thanks for pointing that out. I should have but was pretty tired when I posted this after doing another section of the DVD last night.

That's right this is how fund raisers should be run. 100% of the proceedings to the needy family. I wouldn't participate if it were any other way.

And apparently a lot of folks feel that same way because the crowd at the race was HUGE!! Over 170 drivers. There used to be a race called the icebreaker that ran in Waco about this time of the year which also drew a huge crowd. The Twister has pretty much taken over that spot for the first "Big Race" of the year.

It was a great day of racing and friendship. Hopefully I'll be able to convey that in the DVD.

Griz
Old 02-18-2009, 05:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Awesome video footage as always Grizz. It is good to hear that 100% of the money raised goes to the family. All fundraisers should be like that.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I heard Steve say at one point, that this particular family lived across the street from him. It was an AWESOME event. So many racers, we started at 10 a.m. and finished at 330 a.m Sunday morning. The vibe was so cool, everyone knew what we were there for and it was great. Other than the wind blowing, it was def. worth the drive and time and money spent there. Great community of racers here in Central Texas. Big thanks goes out to Mr. Paul Gaertner (www.ncontrolrc.com), and Steve ??? for putting on such an awesome event.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by motoclay
Big thanks goes out to Mr. Paul Gaertner (www.ncontrolrc.com), and Steve ??? for putting on such an awesome event.
Conway
Old 02-18-2009, 10:49 PM
Tech Adept

for a good cause....hellz yeah i would like a video, i do like that track also.
i need to travel to tx and get some racing in this year!! peace
Old 02-19-2009, 09:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

awesome video
sweet looking track
Old 02-19-2009, 09:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

that is a great thing to do...shows that some people of the world still have a heard...Looks like some good ol racing as well
Old 02-21-2009, 06:21 PM
Tech Addict

Default Getting close now

I'm over 2/3 done with the DVD now. At least the editing part. I haven't tried to make a menu driven DVD yet so that might be a little bit of a challenge. I found a great encoder that is free and does the MP4 thing very well. Actually its x.264 instead of H.264. Called HandBrake. If you are doing videos check it out. Best of all its free. And encoders aren't cheap.

R/C racers are always glad to extend a helping hand. At least the various groups I come in contact with doing my videos. Racers in general are very generous with their time and money when it comes to good causes.

Griz