Like Tree2Likes

Xray T4 '13

Old 04-03-2013, 02:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by samnelso
I'm not sure how the below aligns with theory, but it's my personal experience. Also note that my exp. is limited to carpet.

Modified magnifies all setup changes. There are many times in stock that I make a change and want to notice a difference, but honestly don't. In mod, that same change will make a difference and will be noticed.

My feeling is the gear diff allows me get into and through the mid of the corner more efficiently. Off-power steering seems greatly increased. For me, steering is king in mod and i'm always looking for more, particularly off power or under braking where tremendous amounts of weight is transferred to the front and the steering needs to get to work, quickly. From my experience in mod, albeit limited, most of my time in a turn can be gained getting into and through the middle of the corner. I'm waiting to get through the corner just enough so I can get back on the power and the longer I have to wait, the slower the lap is. The power of the mod will finish the exit of the corner off pretty consistently and I don't feel much time lost there. The gear diff also seems to aid in settling the car on-power on corner exit. Same holds true, but to a lesser degree, in 13.5. 17.5, i've never ran a gear diff, but don't see a need as i usually have plenty of steering and don't want to loose the forward traction of the spool. In 17.5 there usually isn't an issue getting into a corner fast, so that seemingly negates the advantage of the gear diff.
What oil have you run in the front diff?
Old 04-03-2013, 02:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That's with 2.5M.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by snuvet75
From my experience, stock bumper just crumbles on hard impact. Not all the time, but with right angle and with right impact. I've been using hard bumper for 6 months and I'm pretty happy about it. Still keeps the shape nicely and seems to have handled the impact pretty well. I usually don't make any big crash or accident but I have flown my car out of the tracks quite a few times and the bumper has held it well.
I agree.

The stock bumper is too thin and soft, over time it splits and starts to come apart. Mine slowly stuck downwards until it was actually causing my front end to judder and understeer under braking.

Instead of using a T3 bumper, I bought the hard T3 bumper, cut it down to the thickness of the kit T4 bumper and drilled 5 13mm holes (biggest drill bit I have) in it to reduce weight.
I managed to get it down to around 7g (standard T3 is around 5g)
Despite the holes it still barely bends and I've only broken one front outdrive since fitting it.

The extra, thinner stuff at the front is to pad it against the bodyshell.

Skiddins
Old 04-03-2013, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

We will have a harder, wider T4 bumper in 2-4 weeks available. It will weigh in at around 7-8g.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
We will have a harder, wider T4 bumper in 2-4 weeks available. It will weigh in at around 7-8g.

Me like.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I've been running the cso hard bumper for the T4 for the past few weeks. No issues.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:28 PM
Tech Master

My T4 should be here sometime tomorrow... 52 or 50mm ecs? And do they have to be hudy? Or can they be some other company like Spec R or Arrowmax? I have the spec r ones now and the pins are always coming out, the set screw loosens up in the outdrive and falls out and just free wheels I hate it... Hudy's are almost impossible to find but when I do ill grab a set but for now gonna go with one of the others...
Old 04-03-2013, 08:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JOE SI
My T4 should be here sometime tomorrow... 52 or 50mm ecs? And do they have to be hudy? Or can they be some other company like Spec R or Arrowmax? I have the spec r ones now and the pins are always coming out, the set screw loosens up in the outdrive and falls out and just free wheels I hate it... Hudy's are almost impossible to find but when I do ill grab a set but for now gonna go with one of the others...
RCA has the new 52mm ecs with the 2mm pins in stock. I would get the 52mm ecs, or the rsd wides. Both are good, but I give the nod to hudy for overall strength.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:34 PM
Tech Master

RCA= RCAMERICA? Correct, might be stupid question
Old 04-03-2013, 08:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B00t13g
RCA has the new 52mm ecs with the 2mm pins in stock. I would get the 52mm ecs, or the rsd wides. Both are good, but I give the nod to hudy for overall strength.
I've personally found the captured pin of the Reflex units to be a far better design, at a much better price.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by erchn
I've personally found the captured pin of the Reflex units to be a far better design, at a much better price.
I never had any major issues with mine, I just prefer the durability of the Hudys.

RCA= RCAMERICA? Correct, might be stupid question
Yes sir.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:57 AM
Tech Master

Hudys have a set screw where the pin is?
That's exactly what I want to stay away from
Old 04-04-2013, 03:04 AM
Tech Master

Those C clips or G clips that hold the pins in are bad too they're exactly like the Spec R ones that stop a good run dead a little too frequent even with the heat shrink over it, the heat shrink is just another thing to cause problems IMO but when they work they work good just don't having to check them after every qualifier or practice run
Old 04-04-2013, 03:20 AM
Tech Elite

Those C clips or G clips that hold the pins in are bad too they're exactly like the Spec R ones that stop a good run dead a little too frequent even with the heat shrink over it, the heat shrink is just another thing to cause problems IMO but when they work they work good just don't having to check them after every qualifier or practice run
Think the moral there is stop buying budget, Spec-R, crap.

I have the Reflex Racing DCJ's, with those clips, I confess I use heatshrink on them as I don't trust them, but I've had 4 months use racing two times per week without a single problem.
You also have to make sure that the clips are orientated to that as the shaft rotates the clip won't try to expand and catch on the C-Hub.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:43 AM
SH
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

The Spec-r ones are fine.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.