Wiki Posts
Search

Fukuyama Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2004, 09:38 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Question is really does it matter and do any of us really care? I would say most on here could care less. We just want good batteries at a good price. By reading the post is just seems like him having a little fun goofing on his buddy if anything. I guess if you read into you can make it seem funny as a friendly joke or you can think he is being sarcastic and implying something bad.

It is all really how you look at it.
Old 02-04-2004, 09:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally posted by wyd
Question is really does it matter and do any of us really care? I would say most on here could care less. We just want good batteries at a good price. By reading the post is just seems like him having a little fun goofing on his buddy if anything. I guess if you read into you can make it seem funny as a friendly joke or you can think he is being sarcastic and implying something bad.

It is all really how you look at it.
Being an easy going guy I can see where you are coming from but I just have to ask....

Would it matter to more to you if it was YOUR reputation that was being poked at?

Just a question...

Art
Old 02-04-2004, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Default Change of subject

So Dan hows the track? You having a good time? ya putting some good lap times down? how about the rest o the team Hope you do good at the club race tonight..
Old 02-04-2004, 10:27 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Advil I guess I might be if I was not confident in my own product, if my product is not selling like it use to, if they feel threatened buy another company producing as good of a product with a cheaper price. or if I really thought he wasn't joking around. I don't know but it clearly looks to me as he as kidding around and it meant nothing. I just don't think Fukuyama in general is having any problems selling packs and see know reason why they would say anything bad about another company.

I do sales for a living on 100% commission and never put down the competition. I find I sell way more by not bashing others. I have customers go with me for that reason alone. IF your confident in your product no matter what others say you will still be on top.
Old 02-04-2004, 10:29 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
Jeff,

Yeah, Chris's CGM is looking sweet and I do personally agreed with you that there should be more CGM guys running and helping each other out but then I better leave that alone so I don't say the wrong thing. LOL.. Other are fast as well so we'll just have to hang around and see. Chris's car is really stiff which helps and he's getting plenty of rest as well.

Hopefully, I can get my hands on one of these CGM after the birds. It's looking sweeter and sweeter everytime I hold up Chris's car . Maybe Chris will let me drive his after the birds.

Dan
Is Chris running an upper deck on his, or just bottom chassis and side stiffeners like stock?
Old 02-04-2004, 12:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I'm sorry WYD, I wasn't talking about SMC or Jimmy. I was talking in general. I'm sure that they will settle their differences.

What I was talking about is damage control. Having been an outside sales representative, I too believe in providing the best service/product. I also NEVER stepped on my competition. If I showed up for a sales call, and the competition was already there, I did not distract the Buyer. I drove on to my next customer and came back as opportunity allowed. Sales courtesy.

Having competition that would trash talk the products or services that I represented did hurt sales. I had confidence in my products and sooner or later I regained an account that tried the other products/services that the trash talking salesman sold, but the damage had been done. I had lost some sales and while I did get them back, this cycle got old in a hurry.

I believe in taking the high road by presenting my products and services in a way that highlights their best attributes, not by dropping snyde comments about my competitors (supposed) weakness. To me that is just a ploy of someone whom has no confidence in their own products and resorts to demeaning others to gain market share.

It seems we agree on how to best represent our products in the market place, but that still doesn't mean that I wouldn't get pissed if someone stepped on my product line... on purpose or otherwise. I bet that while you would take the high road when representing your company, you would still be privately pissed also. Especially after enduring this for years at the hands of many different competitors.

Art
Old 02-04-2004, 12:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Guys, I'm in sales too and I know none of this talk is good for either side. As Dan asked earlier, it should just be dropped.
Old 02-04-2004, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default OK !!

now that everybody has had ther fun .. LET'S GO RACING >>> WHOS RACING THIS WEEKEND ......????? THERES ALOT OF PRODUCT OUT THERE FOR EVERYONE AND WE AS RACERS SHOULD BE HAPPY WITH THAT .......WE ALL SUPPORT EACHOTHER IN MANY WAYS AND THE BIGGEST WAY ,, OUR HOBBY CONTINUES TO GROW AND GET BETTER EVERY YEAR ......

mark barden..
Old 02-04-2004, 03:48 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Great idea. Lets just all go racing and have fun. That is better for everyone.
Old 02-04-2004, 05:56 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Ramon - I just got the ferrite in the mail today, thank you much!
Old 02-04-2004, 06:09 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally posted by Randman
Ramon - I just got the ferrite in the mail today, thank you much!
Are you going to use it on your speedo?
Old 02-04-2004, 06:10 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by wyd
Are you going to use it on your speedo?
Yeah, battery wires..
Old 02-04-2004, 06:14 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Is it something like the setup Novak has on their speedo?
Old 02-04-2004, 06:29 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by wyd
Is it something like the setup Novak has on their speedo?
No, I believe that's a shotky diode..
Old 02-04-2004, 10:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Randman
Yeah, battery wires..
put one on the + wire to motor and + to the battery.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.