TC Euros 2008, Spain

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TC Euros 2008, Spain

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 05:33 AM
Tech Addict

Congratulations to Marc to finally win his "missing title", he definitely drove very well on Sunday and had a very competitive package.
Sad that Ronald didn't have the impressive pace he had in qualifying, something was wrong on his car on Sunday which we couldn't find. Otherwise it would have for sure been an even better better battle for the win between Marc and Ronald.

It was a nice event in Spain, friendly atmosphere, great track and obviously fantastic weather. Btw, the beach was also nice on Monday...

As for the batteries:
definitely there should be action by manufacturers and/or federations. Because right now the drivers are suffering because certain cell manufacturers go to close to the limit which results in a formerly legal pack to suddenly become illegal during use! This seems what appaearently happened to Marc in the 2nd final when his pack failed tech.
As far as I could see he ran EP4600 cells for most of the weekend (matched by a small swiss company) and this is also the pack with which he failed in 2nd A-main.
For the 3rd A-main the Tamiya boys in the A (Marc, Jilles, Viktor) opted to borrow packs from their teammate Hupo (he uses our VTEC4600 cells) to be sure to pass tech...
I'm assuming they didn't run EnerG cells because those were too close to the limit already and the drivers were most likely to fail tech with those.

As for the 2.4GHz by Sanwa:
Ronald can not feel a difference between FM and 2.4GHz in the M11 (this is with Sanwa products, not Spectrum DSM). So I think it's pretty good and fast enough...
Old 08-06-2008, 05:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by burito
As for the batteries:
definitely there should be action by manufacturers and/or federations.
Manufactures I think.
They know the rules, it's up to them to design/construct cells that meet those requirments.

Skiddins
Old 08-07-2008, 06:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I agree interly with Reto. When i first read the size rule i though it meant the cells had to be under 43mm after a couple of cycles to be on the EFRA cell list. After that the only teching that could be done was to inspect the cels for suspecion of shrink cheating.

This as it is is stupid. I bought cells in March. After many cycles they were really close if not over the size limit. But should i be penalised fore this? I was carefull to buy cells i was sure to be legal (that is on the EFRA list).
Old 08-07-2008, 01:39 PM
Tech Regular

In part the problem, or so I've been told, was caused by the EFRA not testing the cels through sufficient cycles to capture any cels that would expand too much. As a result cels that were manufactured to too tight tolerances passed the test where they probably should not have.

In the Netherlands the national organization has, for this year, decided to allow all cels on the homologation list even if, after repeated use, they happen to exceed the size limitations. Hopefully EFRA will improve the tests for next year and the manufacturors will ensure their cels will remain within limits also after many repeat charges in future.

However until that time I think some leniency is required at national level and lower levels.

BTW, Reto thanks, now I know of two manufacturors that truly met the limits posed by EFRA.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:56 PM
Tech Initiate

Anybody who knows the size of this track?

Total length and length of the longest straight?
Old 08-08-2008, 08:01 AM
MSB
Tech Adept

Default 1st A final

The missing A final, the first one, filmed by my son Bernardo.

http://www.vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?c...p;fullscreen=1
Old 08-08-2008, 10:38 AM
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=MSB;4720141]The missing A final, the first one, filmed by my son Bernardo.

Great job! Thank you
Old 08-08-2008, 11:46 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MSB
The missing A final, the first one, filmed by my son Bernardo.

http://www.vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?c...p;fullscreen=1
sweet! thanks
Old 08-08-2008, 01:43 PM
Tech Master

Good video, love the vimeo quality (youtube is an insult to your audience).

What timing software were they using?
Old 08-08-2008, 03:06 PM
MSB
Tech Adept

Thanks guys. When I did the Warm Up finals upload at the youtube I was so disapointed that sware is was the last time.
Attached Thumbnails TC Euros 2008, Spain-img_0481.jpg