Search

Best servo for 1/8 Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 12:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nv529
+1..

3rd season the same Savox 1268's! gotta em'!
I've had nothing but outstanding luck with Savox servos. All my vehicles (1/8th, 1/10th, and 1/12th) are equipped with Savox and I've yet to have a failure. Right now I'm running a pair of 2273's in my gas buggy on LiFE, a 1267 in my electric 1/8th, and 1258's in my 1/10th buggy and truck. Nothing but praise for all those servos!
Old 12-13-2012, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

A lot of people overlook cheap chinese servos, but I've been running this one in my 1/10 buggy with get success.

I've been thinking about trying these servos in my 1/8 buggies the price is so cheap its almost worth taking the risk.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=30670

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=30872
Old 12-13-2012, 02:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I have savox servos one of which I bought used (1267). Of course, that one quit. I have a 1268 for steering that's awesome. I went back to my 1258 for throttle which works great but I have lipo receiver pack so I need to get another HV servo but am thinking might want something a little faster. Was checking out radio post servos. Any thoughts???
Old 12-13-2012, 02:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Don't skimp on servos these little devices are super important but setup is even more important. If this isn't done correctly it doesn't matter which servo you own it will fail eventually. Savox, futaba and hitec have treated me right. I've been running Savox for over a year with out failures HV. the 79xx series hitecs have been solid. Futaba BLS series are also solid expecially with futaba radio gear. I've also been running the 7955 for years I mean years only recently one failed which was in service for three years definitely can say I got my money's worth.

Also customer service is important Hitec is the best. Savox, haven't used as of yet and futaba can be a little picky but they did what a customer would expect from my personal experiences.

Me next purchase will be KO Rsx servos I've had very good feedback from fellow racers about these their quite expensive but as I stated you pay for great performance and CS.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:01 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sschultz
I have savox servos one of which I bought used (1267). Of course, that one quit. I have a 1268 for steering that's awesome. I went back to my 1258 for throttle which works great but I have lipo receiver pack so I need to get another HV servo but am thinking might want something a little faster. Was checking out radio post servos. Any thoughts???
I havent seen good results with radio post. They are awesome servos when they work but usually that does not seem to be long. Just what I have seen.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigjayjay1
Don't skimp on servos these little devices are super important but setup is even more important. If this isn't done correctly it doesn't matter which servo you own it will fail eventually. Savox, futaba and hitec have treated me right. I've been running Savox for over a year with out failures HV. the 79xx series hitecs have been solid. Futaba BLS series are also solid expecially with futaba radio gear. I've also been running the 7955 for years I mean years only recently one failed which was in service for three years definitely can say I got my money's worth.

Also customer service is important Hitec is the best. Savox, haven't used as of yet and futaba can be a little picky but they did what a customer would expect from my personal experiences.

Me next purchase will be KO Rsx servos I've had very good feedback from fellow racers about these their quite expensive but as I stated you pay for great performance and CS.
I had a really bad CS rep from futaba that completely turned me off of their servos for good. I Can always count on my Hitec 7955s as a reliable performer and lately I've been very happy with the savox 1258 and 1268.

I have never used the KO rsx servos, but they do look to be very good quality. I would jump on them in a heart beat if I didn't have enough solid servos in my pit box already.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
I havent seen good results with radio post. They are awesome servos when they work but usually that does not seem to be long. Just what I have seen.
thanks...