Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best touring car

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 09:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Exclamation Best touring car

i currently have a losi xxxs and was wondering what you guy thought about those cars and what was everyone opinion on the best touring car setup overall for onroad and carpet. i want to race both seasonally and would like a competitive car. thanks ...
Old 03-19-2006, 09:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default QUOTE FROM THE CORALLY RDX THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McGreevy

We win Stock and Modified at the 2006 ROAR On-road Carpet Nationals.

Great job to Chris Tosolini and Jarrod Langlois for their wins! Great job to the rest of the team for putting more than one RDX in every TC A-main.

Dang....... I will be busy this week. haha! Nice job Jarrod and Toso. What a weekend. Wow. I can't wait to talk to Rob.

FYI....... that makes the 5 Major Races for stock a clean sweep for the RDX.

IIC - Cuffs
Cleveland - Dayger
Novak - Dayger
Snowbirds - Dayger
Nationals - Langolis

WOW. Here comes the well deserved hype.
Old 03-19-2006, 09:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How long is a piece of string?

The best touring car is all depended on a number of things, but for me the thing that makes the best touring car is the avaliability of parts in your area.
Old 03-19-2006, 09:44 PM
Tech Initiate

what do you think about the xxxs
Old 03-19-2006, 09:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losiman2
what do you think about the xxxs
xxxs is a great car. any car out there has the potential to be great. see what your local track runs, so what they stock up in parts (or another hobbyshop near you), and ask around the local track.

you could have the best RDX or XRAY, but if you don't have parts, you'll have to order them online, and hope you stock up on the right parts. usually, murphy's law hits and you break something you dont have.

any of the top cars right now do well. associated, losi, xray, tamiya...

also, look at how much you can spend. some cars cost a bit more to keep healthy than others.

honestly, the best car out there, is the car you practice with and can race with consistant lap times. dont try and change cars every month, you'll never learn the uniqueness of each car.

with that said.. the xxxs is a well seasoned raceworthy car.

have fun.
Old 03-19-2006, 09:55 PM
Tech Initiate

any weeknesses in xxxs you could tell me about i just got it and havent even ran it yet i also have a xxx4 buggy that i really like ... but im just getting into tc class just wanted to know if i got a good car i bought it couse i liked the xxx4 so much but any advice would be helpful...
Old 03-20-2006, 07:39 AM
Tech Initiate

bump
Old 03-20-2006, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It's still a competitive car putting it up against the newer ones

As far a weaknesses; I'm not sure. I ran one for a couple years and the only thing I broke was a couple arms and a front shock tower/bulkhead piece.

You might want to carry a few rear hubs, front C-hubs, and steering knuckles. Also if you break a C-hub sometimes you lose those flanged bushings thats sits on the top and bottom. You might want to have a couple of those for spares.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:23 AM
Tech Adept

I started off racing again with a used XXXS. I could not get the car to steer agressively enough for foam tire carpet racing. I switched to a TC4 and it was a much more agressive car. Now I am going to try a T2. I still want steering but in a smoother car.

I wish everyone ran the XXXS because I really liked it! Tough, no tweak, easy to work on, American made. Big downside now is that 37, 38, 42, 4300's don't fit right.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:41 AM
Tech Initiate

thanks guy mine is also used and i have a ton of spare parts. Really just wondered if i could be competitive with this car anyone have any setup suggestions ill be racing blacktop in summer prob? but ill def be racing carpet in the winter prob. stock poss. 19 turn and i know nothing about foam tires and what to get i've never used them .....
Old 03-20-2006, 05:50 PM
Tech Master

thanks guy mine is also used and i have a ton of spare parts. Really just wondered if i could be competitive with this car anyone have any setup suggestions ill be racing blacktop in summer prob? but ill def be racing carpet in the winter prob. stock poss. 19 turn and i know nothing about foam tires and what to get i've never used them .....
at this rate.. try it out.. if you dont like it.. trade it ;-)
Old 03-20-2006, 06:07 PM
Tech Initiate

THATS KINDA WHAT I WAS PLANNING BUT DIDNT WANT TO START ON THE WRONG FOOT SO TO SPEAK WANTED TO GET USE TO THE EQUIPTMENT I WILL BE RACING AND NOT WAST TO MUCH TIME AND MONEY ON FALSE HOPES.DONT HAVE TO HAVE TOP OF THE LINE JUST WANT TO BE COMPETITIVE..THANKS GUYS...
Old 03-21-2006, 08:44 AM
Tech Addict

it also depends whos driving it as well.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:24 AM
Tech Master

THATS KINDA WHAT I WAS PLANNING BUT DIDNT WANT TO START ON THE WRONG FOOT SO TO SPEAK WANTED TO GET USE TO THE EQUIPTMENT I WILL BE RACING AND NOT WAST TO MUCH TIME AND MONEY ON FALSE HOPES.DONT HAVE TO HAVE TOP OF THE LINE JUST WANT TO BE COMPETITIVE..THANKS GUYS...
welcome to the hobby. if its finding the car you want, it's not wasting money really. your only cost will be the car. all the electronics, and support gear can transfer over from car to car.

for example, used TC4 about 180+/-. used XXXs 170+/-, used JRXs 210 +/- etc etc. If you trade around, you'll never be more in the hole than a 100 or so.

try this, go to your local track and see if you can take a test drive of a car you might want to try. ask politely to see if you can give someones car a spin, or ask if they dont mind talking about the + and -'s about the car.

you can be successful with any car.. just find the one that suits you.

good luck.

the end of my two cents.

and uh.. any car will break if you hit something.

ps. buy a used TC3, cheap, plenty of parts, and quite good to learn on and to build up on... ?? :P
Old 03-21-2006, 09:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCMits
try this, go to your local track and see if you can take a test drive of a car you might want to try. ask politely to see if you can give someones car a spin, or ask if they dont mind talking about the + and -'s about the car.
losiman, come on out to the gate soon (i saw you posting on our thread as well) and you'll get all the help you can imagine. the gate is home to a few team drivers for losi, corally, and schumacher. each of which made the a-mains this weekend at the roar carpet nationals in california. they are all very helpful.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.