Originally Posted by JayBee
Thanks bud...lemme know as soon as
Go JB

The N/W is in the house
Old 09-14-2010, 12:11 PM
Tech Master

Default mini solaris tires

Hi,

Were adopting the mini solaris tires as a spec tire at our indoor track for tamiya m chassis racing. What type is suited best for carpet tracks?

Do they fit the tamiya rims or are they made to fit the solaris rims only? What is the outer diameter of the tire?

Thanks
Julius
Old 09-25-2010, 09:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

So which compound would be good on med-high grip carpet?
Old 09-25-2010, 10:24 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

We've had very good luck with mediums on carpet. I believe that's also going to be the spec hardness for TZGP next week.
Old 09-25-2010, 12:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

I ran Sorex 24s last year on carpet and they worked very well. I did get a chance to run the Solaris soft for a couple of races and they worked well. I cracked a rim (old style) and didn't get a chance to really shake them down or determine longevity. Some friends in North Carolina had very good success with the medium compound.
Old 09-25-2010, 05:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Thumbs up

over the whole summer i have been racing these tires in hard compound and to me these are great long lasting tires and this is of course on asphalt. from what i have seen with every one else who ran them there were only 4 tire blow outs and great constant racing.
Cant wait to see what they do inside
keep up the good work
Old 09-29-2010, 02:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

what are the temp ranges for the medium and hard compounds?
Old 09-29-2010, 12:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Originally Posted by stiltskin
I ran Sorex 24s last year on carpet and they worked very well. I did get a chance to run the Solaris soft for a couple of races and they worked well. I cracked a rim (old style) and didn't get a chance to really shake them down or determine longevity. Some friends in North Carolina had very good success with the medium compound.
I'm running sorex 24s on carpet. I think I will try to get a set of those solaris tire.
Old 09-29-2010, 02:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Solaris 28's are great! I had the opportunity of sampling them recently for a race scheduled next month. Jaco has been the norm for a Spec tire but I feel the Solaris on carpet is better.

I went through a number of senarios with one set. Most impressive was the fifth run where I cleaned the tires immediately after the previous run and did not sauce them for the next run. I was impressed despite an ok start but after a few turns they came in and performed as if sauced. I want to add the carpet track shares the building with an offroad track so the rug is dusty.

The Solaris tires are my pick for our Spec tire.
Old 10-03-2010, 06:40 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

we ran Solaris Medium pre-mounts yesterday on carpet at Horsham RC. they held up great. after 6 runs we didn't observe any drop off. i cannot say that for those other tires that give me the blues...
Old 10-03-2010, 07:01 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

how bout 4hr stints on solaris hards til you began to flirt with ring of death ha.

R
Old 10-04-2010, 03:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default Bad Batch Tires

Guys,

I just want to give you guys a heads up we just ran the Solara Tire at the KoPropo grand prix at Westcoast raceway.

The batch of tires we had were very disappointing. I have never seen so many peoples car spin out at are track. The more you ran the tires the twitchier and unstabble your car got.

Also when I went to EJ to talk about the tires and ask him to run my tires. He told me I believe you....but did nothing about it.

Very Unsatisfied customer
Old 10-04-2010, 04:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by King of B Main
Guys,

I just want to give you guys a heads up we just ran the Solara Tire at the KoPropo grand prix at Westcoast raceway.

The batch of tires we had were very disappointing. I have never seen so many peoples car spin out at are track. The more you ran the tires the twitchier and unstabble your car got.

Also when I went to EJ to talk about the tires and ask him to run my tires. He told me I believe you....but did nothing about it.

Which compound was this?

I had a similar handling issue with the soft compound on carpet, haven't tried the mediums on carpet, the mediums on asphalt were good, but didn't last very long for me, and haven't tried the hard compound on carpet or asphalt.

I know a lot of guys like these tires, but they're not my first choice.

I obliterated the soft compound tires I had on asphalt [which hooked up fairly well, but turned into a one-run tire, lol], they powder pretty easy in that kind of abuse. When I cut them open to inspect afterwards, 2 of the tires had the inserts glued to the sidewall and wheel about an inch in length. Those 2 tires were also the ones that showed the most wear, and were installed on opposite corners of the car.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:13 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by King of B Main
Guys,

Sorry to hear about your experience Mike. I told Danny during the race to replace the set. I thought that he did. I'll find out why he didn't give you another set.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.