Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
BMI Racing "Copperhead 12" discussion and support >

BMI Racing "Copperhead 12" discussion and support

Like Tree3Likes

BMI Racing "Copperhead 12" discussion and support

Old 09-07-2010, 12:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Are there any other such parts BMI has that I may want to order along w/my CH12. I promise I will share the complete list with everyone so that we all know what the little extras are that make these cars complete both aesthetically and competitively.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:03 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

To be honest. The car comes with just about everything you could want. I would say maybe a foam bumper and the rear axle shims are the only upgrades i can think of. The rest that people order are spares or tuning options such as springs, various thickness flex plates ect.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Who is at the IIC with this 12th fitted with the new front end?
Old 09-07-2010, 01:52 PM
Tech Lord

Burt Hooker is running it. We do not have any team drivers out there. Just customers. Burt just called me and was very happy with it. He just ran his first practice with the car. It was his 1st run ever with the CH12. He has been running the 12RR. He was very surprised on how much steering the car has and how smooth it is.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

If ANYONE out there is running the DB12RR w/the NEW FRT END, look me up. Need to bounce set-ups back and forth. I don't wanna overwhelm Jason too much
Old 09-07-2010, 02:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by protc3
2 go on the lower front arms for the damper tube and 1 on the shock mount. If anyone needs any help please feel free to ask.
thanks jason, I already have the front end done but I have the standard balls on the lower front arm with the damper tube, it seems to be fine. what do you think? And When I look at the front arms from the side the steering block has alot of castor (leaning towards the rear of the car) am sure it is normal but just wanted to make sure. and thanks to all the guys who responded with help. Now on the rear end width I am at 172.15 mm is this too wide? this seems the be the best I can get it so it is really close to being even. And on the axels I put some shims on the outside of the wheel to get the slop out, Do I need to put any on the inside for front track width? other than these ??'s I am really impressed with this car and really glad I waited and purchased this with the new front end. cant wait to get it on the track. if I didnt have a bunch of crc pro cuts trued and ready to race I would buy different tires to make this rear width alot easier. are the parma blackhawks the same offset as the jacos? thanks
mike
Old 09-07-2010, 02:26 PM
Tech Lord

Your rear track will be fine. I would change out the ballstuds on the front arms. You want the medium length taller ballstuds to get maximum movement in the damper tube. This will yield the best results. I normally run 2 kingpin shims behind the front wheels to widen the car in the front a little.

Glad you like the car buddy.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:39 PM
Tech Lord

Oh, and one more thing, yes, the caster should be at 6 degrees with both shims to the rear. It does look like alot but works great.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:51 PM
Tech Master

Anyone have the ch12 with a black diamond,jr servo and running a receiver pack ko receiver and a transponder. not sure i can fit all this onto the car haha. I am looking for idea's on putting the electronics onto this car. if anyone has pics they could post that would be great thanks.
mike
Old 09-07-2010, 07:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by whynot
Anyone have the ch12 with a black diamond,jr servo and running a receiver pack ko receiver and a transponder. not sure i can fit all this onto the car haha. I am looking for idea's on putting the electronics onto this car. if anyone has pics they could post that would be great thanks.
mike
Send me everything and I'll wire it up for you. Everything nice and tidy....and I'll make sure if you break or do maintenance to anything, it wont be a PITA to handle.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:16 PM
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by c-lyon
On my RR I'm shallow at the wheel and equal with 3 shims each side and 172 with JACOs. Does this mean I have something wrong?
you may need to measure more carefully, with prism wheels' greater offset, you should need 6 0.020" shims perside.

maybe a picture of your setup would help, but you might double check your measurement approach.

bottom line is if you like the handling then who cares what others think or say.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:56 PM
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by whynot
thanks jason, I already have the front end done but I have the standard balls on the lower front arm with the damper tube, it seems to be fine. what do you think? And When I look at the front arms from the side the steering block has alot of castor (leaning towards the rear of the car) am sure it is normal but just wanted to make sure. and thanks to all the guys who responded with help. Now on the rear end width I am at 172.15 mm is this too wide? this seems the be the best I can get it so it is really close to being even. And on the axels I put some shims on the outside of the wheel to get the slop out, Do I need to put any on the inside for front track width? other than these ??'s I am really impressed with this car and really glad I waited and purchased this with the new front end. cant wait to get it on the track. if I didnt have a bunch of crc pro cuts trued and ready to race I would buy different tires to make this rear width alot easier. are the parma blackhawks the same offset as the jacos? thanks
mike
consider the front and rear track width a tuning option. depending on traction conditions, you may want to reduce the width to increase grip on that end.

the parma/jaco front wheels are sloppy on the bearings compared to the crc and rc4less wheels.

the crc rear wheels require fewer shims (3) than the jaco/parma wheels (6)

just try it, you'll like it.

actually for overall fit, i prefer the crc wheels, but the parma/jaco are more durable (less brittle) anc usually a little lower cost

i haven't gotten the new front end, but if it has more wheel clearance, the rc4less tires might be the hot ticket (they are smaller diameter and just kiss the strut, spring retainer bottom of the strut front end.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:58 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by avs
consider the front and rear track width a tuning option. depending on traction conditions, you may want to reduce the width to increase grip on that end.

the parma/jaco front wheels are sloppy on the bearings compared to the crc and rc4less wheels.

the crc rear wheels require fewer shims (3) than the jaco/parma wheels (6)

just try it, you'll like it.

actually for overall fit, i prefer the crc wheels, but the parma/jaco are more durable (less brittle) anc usually a little lower cost

i haven't gotten the new front end, but if it has more wheel clearance, the rc4less tires might be the hot ticket (they are smaller diameter and just kiss the strut, spring retainer bottom of the strut front end.
yeah,i could not believe what the one little ass spacer will do when using it to change they way it turned
Old 09-07-2010, 08:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JayBee
Send me everything and I'll wire it up for you. Everything nice and tidy....and I'll make sure if you break or do maintenance to anything, it wont be a PITA to handle.

A PITA to handle huh whats that? like a pita sandwich with everything fallen out haha Do you shorten wires when you install electronics. the wires are such a pain in the butt. Do you guys makes sure the car is balanced from side to side perfect?
thanks
Old 09-07-2010, 09:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Thanks avs, although I am equal each side, my total width measurement was wrong. I'll find some more shims. And I'm far from an A-mainer, but I do like the car.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.