Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
corrally connectors >

corrally connectors

corrally connectors

Old 10-16-2006, 10:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

I'm about to try the much-more version of these soon. I am just tired of always soldering, and running multiple classes seams to mean that these types of plugs would just speed up the process of getting the next car on the track. .
Old 01-29-2007, 08:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I was just about to ask about using these when I dug up this old post, I was wondering if you can use these http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...7&I=LXJPY4&P=K in place of Banana Plugs, they appear to be the kind used on the stock gator clips for the Duratrax Ice, which is the same size a a Banana Plug, and I think they make the wiring look alot cleaner than Banana Plugs
Old 01-29-2007, 09:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Proper name for that connector is 4mm male bullet. It is also known - in the car world - as a Corally connector, even though it shouldn't be. And yes, the 4mm male bullet replaces and betters a male banana connector.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:06 PM
Tech Master

Thanks, I like the look of these alot better than the bananas, and being as I am buying all new pit gear from Much More, I want all of my connectors to be nice and neat looking (I know, I have ocd what can I say)
Old 01-29-2007, 09:25 PM
Tech Master

4mm male bullets also available from:
http://www.rctoys.com/rc-toys-and-pa...RS-WIRING.html
Old 01-29-2007, 09:33 PM
Tech Master

Thanks, are they as easy to solder on as they look?
Old 01-29-2007, 09:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I am actually using a pair of Corally plugs for my one smart tray to plug it into my Integy distribution block and they work fine. I also use them exclusively on my sedan for I have no real option on the JRXS. I actually liked them so much I converted all my cars to them.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:52 PM
Tech Master

Easy, yes. Generally my strategy has been to hold them at the very front tip (don't hold them by the springy part) with a pair of metal vice-grips (locking pliers). The pliers can rest on your table/bench, and the connector should be standing up, cup up.
Heat up the cup until you can just push solder into the cup and it melts. Get a nice sized puddle of solder in the cup. Then _lightly_ tin the wire. Then heat up the cup again and push the wire in. Keep the heat on it and keep pressing the wire in until the wire's solder melts as well and the wire goes all the way to the bottom. Then remove the heat and hold the wire until the solder solidifies.
Add heat shrink (don't even have to remember to put it on the wire before soldering!), or not, and you're done.

The mains things to watch: don't grab it with anything plastic, and don't get solder into the springy portion.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:55 PM
Tech Master

Thanks Yeti, thats exactly what I will be pluging them into, thats another nice point about the heatshrink as well, I know at least a handfull of times I will be soldering away then ooops "S#*T" forgot the damn heatshrink
Old 02-03-2007, 06:05 AM
Tech Adept

Corally connectors are great I have been using them for the past 6 months and have not had a problem yet. Perfect for the guy who does not enjoy soldering.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Wayne1one
Corally connectors are great I have been using them for the past 6 months and have not had a problem yet. Perfect for the guy who does not enjoy soldering.
Theyre great,I use them never had a problem
Old 02-08-2007, 01:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default .

yeah the work awesome for sure