Old 05-24-2010, 06:18 PM
Tech Adept

anyone try the new solid axle ?
Old 05-24-2010, 11:56 PM
Suspended

Default Yes

Originally Posted by tcmodels
anyone try the new solid axle ?
Some of our Benelux teamdrivers did during the EC-B. What do you want to know?
Old 05-25-2010, 02:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default chassis brace

Has anyone been experiencing any problems with the side chassis brace getting stress cracks around the mounting holes? I replaced one that cracked completely during practice and qualifying runs at the Xray Challenge here in Houston, which resulted in a few sets of stripped spur gears. The problem was solved, but after the races, I noticed that the new one is beginning to crack too. As a side note, I never over tightened the screws. Are there any companies that make an aluminum or carbon fiber replacement?
Old 05-25-2010, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Old 05-25-2010, 06:28 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Thunderbunny
Has anyone been experiencing any problems with the side chassis brace getting stress cracks around the mounting holes? I replaced one that cracked completely during practice and qualifying runs at the Xray Challenge here in Houston, which resulted in a few sets of stripped spur gears. The problem was solved, but after the races, I noticed that the new one is beginning to crack too. As a side note, I never over tightened the screws. Are there any companies that make an aluminum or carbon fiber replacement?
Team C makes an aluminum brace......i ran my car with out the brace a couple of times and never had problems with stripping gears...
Old 05-26-2010, 08:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks. I'll give my car another once over. I might have an issue elsewhere.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I've noticed tht also, tht my plastic side brace is cracked, I hav a team c allum one now, but it's a good idea to keep a plastic 1 in stock cause allumin side brace can sometimes change ur cars handleing characteristics, stiffins the car a little, BT I will try running without a brace, I thought about doin it but always felt tht the shep chassis was too flexible and thought I would strip my gears........did u do it for more steering?
Old 05-26-2010, 09:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

He guys,
about the brace. Of course we had some cracked ones, but normally they should keep in place. I think sometimes they crack if you have a bumpy track or even a crash. In this case you will have maximum pressure to the screw in the front and the brace will brake.
We also use the car without the brace, the chassi is OK for that, believe me,
the car will be more left/right balanced without it, and the handling is getting a little bit better. We never stripped a gear !!!! And we used it in Herrlisheim, and this track is reaaaly bumpy, but everything was ok.
As a shepherd staff of course i donīt like after market stuff ......
But maybe it is an option, but in the other side it should not be a problem with the standard part.

Oneway/Solidaxle:
We used it at every track we went for racing or testing.
On many tracks its much better with the solid axle, its easier to drive and most of the time faster. BUT, you will have a higher tyre wear !!!
We also used the oneway, these is also fucking fast but really hard to drive as you should not think a lot about braking !!!!
But for the finals and also for the qualifiers we mostly steped back to a differential as we do not have a lot of traction in germany.
But we tried it in Houston, and of course i think on a track like this it is a really good option, especially for the quickchanging corners !!

Thats it
Alex
Old 05-26-2010, 09:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by coupe
He guys,
about the brace. Of course we had some cracked ones, but normally they should keep in place. I think sometimes they crack if you have a bumpy track or even a crash. In this case you will have maximum pressure to the screw in the front and the brace will brake.
We also use the car without the brace, the chassi is OK for that, believe me,
the car will be more left/right balanced without it, and the handling is getting a little bit better. We never stripped a gear !!!! And we used it in Herrlisheim, and this track is reaaaly bumpy, but everything was ok.
As a shepherd staff of course i donīt like after market stuff ......
But maybe it is an option, but in the other side it should not be a problem with the standard part.

Oneway/Solidaxle:
We used it at every track we went for racing or testing.
On many tracks its much better with the solid axle, its easier to drive and most of the time faster. BUT, you will have a higher tyre wear !!!
We also used the oneway, these is also fucking fast but really hard to drive as you should not think a lot about braking !!!!
But for the finals and also for the qualifiers we mostly steped back to a differential as we do not have a lot of traction in germany.
But we tried it in Houston, and of course i think on a track like this it is a really good option, especially for the quickchanging corners !!

Thats it
Alex
Hi, Alex!

How is the wear of the CVD-s when using the Solid axle? I had many problems using Solid Axle when I was driving electric touring!

Regards, L
Old 05-27-2010, 04:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey,
ox course i think they wear out a little bit faster, but i am still running the ones from Houston !! So i think this should not be a problem.
We also are using the aluminium Wheelaxles, i am really super satisfied with them. They will drop down the weight 16gr in total !! We used them at the last race in Ettlingen with two cars all the weekend, Patricks car unfortunately not in the final, after a clear TQ the engine stoped after i droped it for the start, and car number 8 i think was taking him out in second gear !!! Bad bad luck, even as we found some speed for the final and could run easily 13,7 in the warm up !!!!!! Nearly faster like in the Qualifying ! But we had no wear at the parts so i think this is helpful to find some extra speed.

Back to work

Alex
Old 05-28-2010, 03:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hi guy,
I just got v10 and don't have engines yet . I don't know what engines is good . please help me about engines.
thank you.
Old 05-28-2010, 05:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Engine

I run the Novarossi Flash Tuned. Very fast and dependable motor. A bit pricey though. If you're on a budget, try the Sirio Evo4, Pico Red Dot, or the RB Junior 9. You can get any of the three for $200 or less.
Old 05-29-2010, 01:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Thank you very much.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:58 PM
Tech Adept

Hello!

Any of you knows if the wheel axles of the V10 can fit the xray NT1??
I've just seen that Velox has introduced aluminium lightweight wheel axles and I think they're spectacular.
I hope any of you can reply to my answer

http://www.redrc.net/2010/06/shepher...t-wheel-axles/

Thx
Old 06-01-2010, 01:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey Nico,
i guess they could fit, it is a 10mm outside diameter, the inside is the same diameter like xray, the only thing i am not sure is if you have enough space for the clamping ring at the inside of the hub !!!
But i think the wheelaxles are only something about 18 or 19 euros the pair, so buy some and try.

Alex

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.