Eagle racing CDC charger

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Eagle racing CDC charger

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 09:06 PM
Tech Regular

Sounds great, that makes me feel better. someone PM'ed me saying "cancel your order, its a bad charger, i burned some cells with it"
Old 12-07-2004, 09:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by adamkerrnz
Sounds great, that makes me feel better. someone PM'ed me saying "cancel your order, its a bad charger, i burned some cells with it"
One bad apple doesnt mean you have to cut down the whole tree.
Old 12-07-2004, 09:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I couldnt even complain about the LCD. I have 2 of these chargers, most of my racing buddies have 2 of them also, and the rest have at-least one. Only person I know who doesnt have one has a T35GFX - thats in its league of its own

Dont listen to one person who fried one pack, which was probably a defective pack or he had the peak detect set way way too high and the cells fried, or he shorted it out..
Old 12-07-2004, 10:04 PM
Tech Elite

Heck I have the original version 1 and it is still one of the best chargers out and I charge with just as often as my GM Commander which is in a whole different class.
THE CDC is a Great Charger.

Stephen <><
Old 12-07-2004, 11:23 PM
tornado

Originally posted by adamkerrnz
Hey !! every product would have comments both good and bad.....and when there are many good ones......you're on the right track mate.

Sometimes I do get nosey and make enquiries in return as to that person's experience in giving me a negative feedback.......only few things either the product is no good at all (all of us will tell you so) or that person's expectation is too high or most common fact....user error.

So.....IMO and just like the rest of us here would say CDC is an excellent mid-range charger......just trust all of us here. We have good times with it and we're sure you'll have just the same too.

Old 12-08-2004, 01:11 AM
Tech Regular

thanks guys
Old 12-08-2004, 01:14 AM
Tech Elite

The Eagle CDC v6B pushes the cells harder.

The good thing is, that the cells comes of very punchy, great for stock racing.

The bad thing, is the pack temperature is quite high, at charge termination.

Have you guys actually measured the cut off temperature?

At 26 degrees Celsius (79F) ambient temperature, my GP3300 peaks at 60 deg. C (F140). This is with 6 amps charge rate and 3 mV pr. cell cut off.

With NiCd, the charger do it really good, no heat problems.

With AA 2300, the charger seems to have a problem with the cut off - I've seen an example where the charger charged for 7 hours....

Yet, I'm happy with my CDC, as long as you know the limitations of this charger and take proper precautions, it's great...
Old 12-08-2004, 01:33 AM
Tech Regular

so if you want more life outta your packs (NiMh) you should turn the DP down at the expense of having really puchy packs. is there a DP setting that has the best of both worlds?
Old 12-08-2004, 06:49 AM
Tech Elite

I use 5mv and haven;t had a problem with temp. It does get warm but doesn't get hot. I think that might have been his problem. Although maybe he set the Mah too high as many racers use the equation put in the mah @ 1.2 times the actual rate. This helps pack as much into the cells but also has the adverse effect of over heating. I charge my cells @1.1 time the actual number, I think that might be the reason why he is getting overheated.
HTH
Stephen <><
Old 12-08-2004, 11:17 AM
Tech Regular

what rate do you charge 3300's at with your CDC? i got some fusion matched packs. i was thinking about not going anything higher than 5amps, mabe even stick to 4.5 or 4.8 amps....
Old 12-08-2004, 11:22 AM
Tech Elite

I fthey are six cell packs then I charge @ 6AMPS Just like the cell matchers. If it is a four cell pack then I charge @4.5-4.8AMPS. I still keept he delta @5vm. I set the mah @ 1.1 times the mah on the cells. Example if I have 3300mah cells I charge @ 3630mah as to get every mah into the cells without over charging.
HTH
Stephen <><
Old 12-08-2004, 11:29 AM
Tech Regular

wow, can you adjust the Mah the charger charges the pack to!!!???
Old 12-08-2004, 12:07 PM
Tech Elite

When you go through the setup it asked for the amount of mah that you are charging to and I bum it up so that the charger thinks it isn't ful until it reaches full unlike if you put what the cells realy are and then the charger stops when it gets to the mah amount you put in. Most of my packs can go past what they are rated at. Just something I picked up along the way. I haven't had any adverse effects from do that either.
HTH
Stehen <><
Old 12-08-2004, 12:14 PM
Tech Regular

yea, i noticed my pulsar sport charges my Tamiya 1400 sticks to around 1550mAh
Old 12-08-2004, 01:04 PM
Tech Elite

The mAh setting on the CDC has no effect on charge time.

The only thing it is used for is to calculate the trickle charge rate.

Other than that it is just there as a reminder to yourself for what charger profile you are using.

For example, a deep discharged pack of 3300's can easily charge to 4000mAh when the setting is 3300mAh.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.