Associated Stealth Diff Lube!
Old 12-16-2009, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Thanks Dred, did u have slipping using the regular one way lube too
Old 12-16-2009, 11:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I did not experience any slipping with the oneway lube. The only thing to keep in mind no matter which lube you go with is to make sure to relube after about every 1-2 hours of runtime!
Old 12-16-2009, 11:48 AM
Tech Elite

I have always done that just the stock oneway seemed a lil inconsistant not like the older ones on the 720
Old 12-16-2009, 12:13 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default one way

I must have gotten a real good one .
the one way im using has about 3 gallons on it or alot of races
however you want to put it .I clean it out with nitro blast
and lube it with novarossie engin lube very thin stuff
after every run I have had no issues .
Old 12-16-2009, 12:14 PM
Suspended

O yea found these on EBAY today nice
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 733 1/10 200mm touring-bhgorg-2k%7E%24-kgrhquh-ckesmrcs1fzbljz4-ourw%7E%7E_12.jpg  
Old 12-16-2009, 12:24 PM
Tech Elite

Default Painti Pete

Attached Thumbnails Serpent 733 1/10 200mm touring-img00177.jpg  
Old 12-16-2009, 01:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcpaintinpete
O yea found these on EBAY today nice
Why do you want to add that unecessary piece of bling to your car for?
Old 12-16-2009, 02:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paolo M
Regarding the 1st gear housing, there are actually 2 types of one way bearing. One has a tight fit and the other has a loose fit. The tight one needs grease, because the oil is not enough when overheats locks. We use silicon based grease. This type of bearings is the ones that come on the kit and also the bearings used in the silver flange housing. We have optional one way bearings, orange flange housing. This one is loose fit and need oil to work. We use one way lube and we have no problem at all.

Regarding the plastic, the above information is correct. The plastic included now in the kits and all the spares available is already a better quality than the one in the first batch. There is also a softer arm in the works. This is a lot more durable and crash friendly. Myself and other Serpent works drivers, have being testing different types of plastic arms for a couple of months in order to find the best compromise in performance and resistance. They should be ready and available very soon.
Wow, thank you very much. I have always equated Serpent to quality engineering and tons of fun. So when I heard about the problems about the 733, at first I didn't believe it until a few more people told me about it. This led me to come to this thread and ask about it.

So if I order a 733 now, does that mean I have the better made plastic and not the cheap stuff that snaps just by looking at it?

Also, the one-way bearing. I am a bit confused. Are you saying the orange one is too lose and wont work unless oiled? Or stick with the silver one?

Shall I wait on buying a 733 until the new softer and more durable parts come out?

I am planning on going Nitro racing in the spring and summer and would definitely like to jump back on the Serpent bandwagon again. But if there are still bugs being worked out, I'd like to know them ahead of time so I know what to expect.

How is the assembly of the car? Are they still like Serpents of years back with all the modifications, shavings, dremeling to make anything fit? Again, please be honest.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:27 PM
Tech Elite

No they go together without the mods like in the past
Old 12-16-2009, 02:35 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
Why do you want to add that unecessary piece of bling to your car for?
I didnt say I got one YET . lol just that I found them on ebay today

I might get one if I dont have to use the the plastic part under it
every time I brake the car down to clean it I have to re adjust the
brake just a bit cause it could be one tooth over or under its orignal
pivot point and will have to much or to little brake after

this is a pic of the bottom
I cant tell waiting on email back to see if U dont need the plastic
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 733 1/10 200mm touring-se-011_install.jpg  
Old 12-16-2009, 02:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarryN
How is the assembly of the car? Are they still like Serpents of years back with all the modifications, shavings, dremeling to make anything fit? Again, please be honest.
No Dremel needed at all!

I did have a small fitment problem with the front top bulkhead fitting over the sway bar mounts but that has been remedied because the new part has adjusted for the fitment.

Just make sure you have plenty of Locktite.

This car is very easy to drive. The set-up is simple. All you just do is adjust ride height, droop, camber and toe and thats it.

I have played with the weights on the diff oils, used a different front sway for the front and changed the front shock position to a more laydown configuration. Those adjustments just tailor the car for my track and driving style.

I have not changed the shock oil, pistons or springs since I built it and I've ran three gallons in it so far. Its really an easy car to dial in.

Just get it and drive it.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcpaintinpete
I didnt say I got one YET . lol just that I found them on ebay today

I might get one if I dont have to use the the plastic part under it
every time I brake the car down to clean it I have to re adjust the
brake just a bit cause it could be one tooth over or under its orignal
pivot point and will have to much or to little brake after
If you pull the brake arm off together with the splined part attached as in 1 piece, then there will only be one way going back in, meaning you won't have to adjust anything
Old 12-16-2009, 02:47 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
If you pull the brake arm off together with the splined part attached as in 1 piece, then there will only be one way going back in, meaning you won't have to adjust anything
I never would think to do that every time i pull it off it stays guess I would have to glue it in place DAAAAAAA why did i not think of that
Old 12-16-2009, 02:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by HarryN
Wow, thank you very much. I have always equated Serpent to quality engineering and tons of fun. So when I heard about the problems about the 733, at first I didn't believe it until a few more people told me about it. This led me to come to this thread and ask about it.

So if I order a 733 now, does that mean I have the better made plastic and not the cheap stuff that snaps just by looking at it?

Also, the one-way bearing. I am a bit confused. Are you saying the orange one is too lose and wont work unless oiled? Or stick with the silver one?

Shall I wait on buying a 733 until the new softer and more durable parts come out?

I am planning on going Nitro racing in the spring and summer and would definitely like to jump back on the Serpent bandwagon again. But if there are still bugs being worked out, I'd like to know them ahead of time so I know what to expect.

The kits we have in stock have already the bugs worked out. The plastic parts are better and they don't brake easy. We only had some problems at the beginning, special under cold weather. The softer parts have not only the purpose to make it more durable, but also better performance. But It's a fine line, so that's the reason why we have done and still doing extensive test. If you plan to get a car for the new season then i am sure is going to have the latest stuff. Out turnover of kits is quite good, and we got fresh inventory every 3 weeks in average. So when you decide to buy your car, I am pretty sure you will get the latest

Regarding the one way, I hope I am not creating confusion, but anyway, I will try to explain further. Basically we have 2 types: the one that comes in the kit and an optional one. It’s very easy to see the difference because one has the housing (flange where you install the gear) silver (plain aluminum), the other is orange. The one that comes in the kit has tight fit. You need to use silicon grease in order to lubricate the one way bearing properly. I do it at the beginning of my race weekend and then before the final. I have not had any problem. The Orange one has a loose fit. If you put grease will slip, so you need to use the one way lube to lubricate the bearing

I am not sure how long since you built your last Serpent, but our 966 and 733 goes together very easily

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.