Search

Kyosho Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 10:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XrayEye
How's the durability on TF-5 SD?
So far, I can't complain. I've taken a few good hits and have plowed my way through a few first turn mahems and have survived without any need for parts so far. However, I have also noticed that the same parts that came in my ZX-5 came molded in a stronger material when it came in the TF-5 package. So it only means that Kyosho puts a lot of quality in these kits as it progresses in its production runs.

It's still wise to have a few spares handy like arms, knuckles, hub carriers and king pins and the price on them is quite economical. Having ran the car in the last 4-5 race events at my local track, I haven't had the need to repair or upgrade the car in any way. Although I may try some other hub carriers to gain some steering, nonetheless the car is good box stock all the way.
Old 08-26-2006, 07:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Have any of the magazines done a report on the tf-5 yet? I just got mine today, looks pretty nice. Hope to start building here pretty soon.
Old 08-27-2006, 06:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I am very impressed with the car, I will have to get one. Ron Atomic received his and I drooled over it as he completed the build in front of me yesterday. I will have pics later tonight.
Old 08-27-2006, 09:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

We should be receiving the TF-5 Stallion belt car on Monday and ready to ship. I believe we still have a few available on this first batch for pre-order I personally hope to have one built and ready for the KO Grand Prix coming up...if not, I'll be racing the TF-5 shaft car for that race

Steve Wang
Old 08-27-2006, 09:04 PM
Tech Elite

My brain smelled like burnt speedo trying to figure out the toe angle bushing chart!

Anyone run the SD on carpet with foams yet? Looking for suggestions on Fr/Rr toe angles to baseline with, along with tire size and RC spacers used as well.
Old 08-27-2006, 10:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SpeedTech
Hi Guys,

.....I personally hope to have one built and ready for the KO Grand Prix coming up...if not, I'll be racing the TF-5 shaft car for that race

Steve Wang
C'mon Steve, the KO race is still another week away. You can have one built in time with no problem. Just write off the time spent as "market research"

I will see you at the KO race running the "Belt" car.
Old 08-27-2006, 10:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

greg, i'm running the sd on foams. well, i will be. probably wednesday at the earliest. it built up the roller this weekend and hope to have it fitted to run by wednesday.

note: the roll center at the hubs is about 1mm lower in the front than the rear. i would be surprised if the chassis roll center spacers at the rear ever need to be higher than the front on carpet. i am starting around 1.5 front, 1 rear.

hopefully, i'll have more to post after wednesday.
Old 08-27-2006, 11:24 PM
Tech Elite

Cool, I'll also post up when testing starts.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

found out on the new stallion belt: stock setting on the belts is waaay to conservative (at least for the rear).. you can definitely go one notch looser.

World of difference on wheelspin and still quite tight...
Old 08-28-2006, 06:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Is the Stallion manual available anywhere on the net? I just wanted to look through it before i receive my car.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Started building the tf-5, kinda dissapointed that the diff out drives are plastic. I took my extra diff from my lazer. Anyone have any durability issues using the plastic ones?
Old 08-28-2006, 10:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Scrad
Started building the tf-5, kinda dissapointed that the diff out drives are plastic. I took my extra diff from my lazer. Anyone have any durability issues using the plastic ones?
Funny. I remeber a day when everyone ran plastic out dirves. Metal "was too heavy" people would say.....LOL

how far along are you on the build?
Old 08-28-2006, 11:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scrad
My car has had 18 packs put through it and there is no signs of wear on the outdrives or the pins on the dogbones. This is only in Stock TC. Diff is still super smooth even though it looks like you could get a lot of junk in there. The 3 tracks I have run on were also quite dusty to start with. The diff outdrives cost only as much as some of these blades for alum diffs anyway.

Old 08-28-2006, 11:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Patriiick
found out on the new stallion belt: stock setting on the belts is waaay to conservative (at least for the rear).. you can definitely go one notch looser.

World of difference on wheelspin and still quite tight...
You are right there....I have gone to the 2nd losest settings F & R with stock. Hasen't been a problem yet and they are still tight enough.

Old 08-29-2006, 02:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

aye aye sir, will loosen further accordingly

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.