Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 10:35 PM
YFB
Tech Apprentice

Default mounting 0.30 sway bar

tried to mount the 0.30 sway bar but the grub screw doesn't go far enough into the ball to clamp the sway bar. ie. the sway bar isn't thick enough. works fine with 0.40 sway bar. is it just me or is this a manufacturing defect? any work around?
Old 12-13-2009, 01:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (98%+)

i have just got a JRXS-R and some one told me her is a mod to do to the top deck to get the chassis to flex, with some 700 pages its hard to find pics, is someone able to post a link or pic, and if anyone has got any more tips that would be great.
The car will be used for rubber tyre racing on ashpalt.

Cheers

Rhys
Old 12-13-2009, 03:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crabboy
i have just got a JRXS-R and some one told me her is a mod to do to the top deck to get the chassis to flex, with some 700 pages its hard to find pics, is someone able to post a link or pic, and if anyone has got any more tips that would be great.

Cheers

Rhys

Some drivers have removed the side braces all together... or not put any screws into them. Just leaving the front and rear connected.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crabboy

Cheers

Rhys

there are a few ways to do it, here is a link to one of the ways
http://www.rctech.net/forum/6520911-post10841.html

I like the idea of keeping the side posts.
Old 12-13-2009, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YFB
tried to mount the 0.30 sway bar but the grub screw doesn't go far enough into the ball to clamp the sway bar. ie. the sway bar isn't thick enough. works fine with 0.40 sway bar. is it just me or is this a manufacturing defect? any work around?
Yeah, I've never been able to get the grub screw tight around the .030 bars either. BUT.... the .040 bar barely does anything anyway, so perhaps the .030 bar isn't very useful.
Old 12-13-2009, 08:58 AM
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YFB
in order to grip the .030 wire, i had to use a tap (a bottoming style) to clean up the bottom of the hole. i didn't have the correct tap, so i took the oldest one and ground the tip. this won't start a hole well, just start the thread carefully so you don't crossthread it.
Old 12-13-2009, 11:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YFB

If you don't have the proper tap to clean the hole up you can also take the set screw on the end of an .050 wrench and spin it against the top of a cut off wheel etc in a dremel to taper the end of the screw. This will allow you to clamp down on the .030 wire.
Old 12-13-2009, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Im new with my type r. Do most of you mount the esc on the left or right side of the car? Is it dependent on the weight of the esc as to which side?
Old 12-13-2009, 05:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rallyebmx
Im new with my type r. Do most of you mount the esc on the left or right side of the car? Is it dependent on the weight of the esc as to which side?
It depends on the ESC really, some mount on their side better and can be on the left, most are easier on the right.
Old 12-13-2009, 06:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chuslinde
Hi, thank yuo for the answers

This track is fine but there usually some humidity and low temperature in the asphalt, and we run this year with control tire of 35 foams,
in the video the guy of white car is sliding a lot jeje but i canīt complain abut grip i'm very happy with the car.
I will try the set ups you posted.
Another question:
I run with front diff, is better for this kind of tracks with many hairpins or is better spool?

Thank you again.
I tend to believe the spool is faster all the 99.9% of the time. From the video you posted I wouldn't even consider a diff. The spool feels funky to drive at first if you've been driving a diff for a while and maybe even cost you time but once you get use to how it wants to be driven then nothing else seems right anymore.
Old 12-14-2009, 02:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Brushless on the right brushed on the left
Old 12-14-2009, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tim fry
Brushless on the right brushed on the left
Whats the thinking behind this?
Old 12-14-2009, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Whats the thinking behind this?
When this car was released the brushless speedos took up more space than Peter Griffin. Placing them on the right side moved the weight in as far as possible.

However, the servo is offset to the right side as well. My Futaba S9550 puts 14g on the right side of the chassis. Balance accordingly.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'm new to the Type R (and TC for that matter) but I just installed an LRP SPX Stock Spec on the right side, Futaba FASST receiver on the left side with a Futaba 9550 servo and an ORCA 17.5 motor and my car was ALMOST perfectly balanced side-to-side. I might think about adding ~10g to the receiver side to balance it perfectly but that's all it will need.

Cheers,
Mike

Old 12-15-2009, 12:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Hyper_Mike
I'm new to the Type R (and TC for that matter) but I just installed an LRP SPX Stock Spec on the right side, Futaba FASST receiver on the left side with a Futaba 9550 servo and an ORCA 17.5 motor and my car was ALMOST perfectly balanced side-to-side. I might think about adding ~10g to the receiver side to balance it perfectly but that's all it will need.

Cheers,
Mike
What method did you use to discover your balance?

I was trying to corner balance with 4 scales, but inconsistent surfaces are really throwing the #'s off. I have to get a big plate of glass or something

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.