Search
Like Tree1Likes

Mugen MTX-4R

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 05:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hello,
If anyone is looking for parts and a whole car to keep their MTX4r going strong please PM me. We can work out a deal.

Thanks,
Old 07-09-2012, 06:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by djiewie
This car is still a strong contender. I see you have already done the flexi things and the spurstripping solution. Car looks good with the lowered servo and all. Have fun.

I would remove the second exhaust spring though, it will transfer heat to the carb because they are touching. Better to put 2 short springs with a piece of metal wire in between maybe.
The car still great to drive, no spur gear stripping here. Same gears used in practice, qualify and mains (still looks great). I will still certainly use it on upcomming x-ray nitro challenge.

Originally Posted by rcabj
hi, what type of clutch system ur using here...certainly not the stock mtx4 clutch system.

btw..i still have faith in this car hehe
The reverse clutch is from a-plus, and the clutch bell is from capricorn.
I have to machined the collet and clutch flyweights to bring the clutch bell closer to the engine to allign the pinions to the spur gears.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:53 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Droop

Originally Posted by Seisick
rebound is the same as downstop, droop is another adjustment,
What is droop and how you adjust itt?
Old 07-17-2012, 04:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Default What is this?

Im new to the hobbie and to this car. I got this part with the car when I bought it. Is it basically and upright and sway bar in one or what? And where can I get the knuckles they fit in on the hub? Is there an advantage with this?
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MTX-4R-2012-07-17_18-38-06_288.jpg  
Old 07-17-2012, 05:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by itbracer
Im new to the hobbie and to this car. I got this part with the car when I bought it. Is it basically and upright and sway bar in one or what? And where can I get the knuckles they fit in on the hub? Is there an advantage with this?
Rear sway bar w/brake bracket. You need a set of ball links, connect 1 end on the ball part of the sway bar and the other on each lower arm.
Old 07-17-2012, 06:42 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

What is droop and how you adjust itt?
this will help you http://users.telenet.be/elvo/
Old 07-17-2012, 08:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by sedan4life
Rear sway bar w/brake bracket. You need a set of ball links, connect 1 end on the ball part of the sway bar and the other on each lower arm.
Where sbould I look for the ball joints and is this part a definite advantage?

Thanks for the website for the droop. Appreciated.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:14 AM
Tech Rookie

Default What battery

What battery goes in this car? The one I have doesnt have the sticker on it anymore. I bought it this way.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

What battery goes in this car? The one I have doesnt have the sticker on it anymore. I bought it this way.
Go with a LIFE...
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Balancer-Plug
Old 08-15-2012, 02:13 AM
Tech Initiate

[QUOTE=FREELANCE_RCer;10914170]Outdated car, outdated engine, untested setup.
Ready to race the Airtronics GP.

Very nice. great job, I don't feel this car outdated though, and the newer models doesn't impress me much, they're bringing you new problems instead of solving the old one, I still running this car and did ran it for almost 3 years, once I put on some fancy metal parts here or there but surprisingly they all changed back to the original plastic later on, so now my version of MTX4R is plain stock with some surgery to address issues in order to keep it competitive. it turn out great and can compete with any other latest model in our track.

and the little mods are: 1. change the fly weight of the clutch to the new style for better engagement 2.floating front end and back end for better initial turn in and eliminate some of the potential striping gear problem and 3. ...............
Old 08-18-2012, 12:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rranger
Very nice. great job, I don't feel this car outdated though, and the newer models doesn't impress me much, they're bringing you new problems instead of solving the old one, I still running this car and did ran it for almost 3 years, once I put on some fancy metal parts here or there but surprisingly they all changed back to the original plastic later on, so now my version of MTX4R is plain stock with some surgery to address issues in order to keep it competitive. it turn out great and can compete with any other latest model in our track.

and the little mods are: 1. change the fly weight of the clutch to the new style for better engagement 2.floating front end and back end for better initial turn in and eliminate some of the potential striping gear problem and 3. ...............
I will definitely still race this car for the next 3-5 years.

My car still understeers but improved a little @ last weeks race (X-Ray Nitro Challenge). I may try and use the front oneway on next big race to solve my steering problem.

I had issues with my engine from the race (my fault) forgot to clean the INS box. It has accumulated shredded foam tires, I was too lazy to thoroughly clean the car after the airtronics race.
Old 08-18-2012, 04:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Try 20,30,50,000 or "super grease" in the rear diff. Leave the o rings out of the little gears. Your set up will drastically change.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by MugenDrew
Try 20,30,50,000 or "super grease" in the rear diff. Leave the o rings out of the little gears. Your set up will drastically change.
That's true, the small O ring in the diff gear is no.1 in my 'NOT TO DO' list.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Pulley matching

Hi, I am running a 4R with OS TZ engine. Question is that I normally run with 18/24 side pulleys and get good even tyre wear allround. If I was to run 23 or 25 side pulleys where would I notice the most change and is their any advantage/disadvantages. What did the chassis come with from new? Reason I ask is that I only have 24's and wondering if it is worth my while to change.
Cheers
Joe

Last edited by jgasn; 04-28-2013 at 12:16 AM.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FREELANCE_RCer
I will definitely still race this car for the next 3-5 years.

My car still understeers but improved a little @ last weeks race (X-Ray Nitro Challenge). I may try and use the front oneway on next big race to solve my steering problem.

I had issues with my engine from the race (my fault) forgot to clean the INS box. It has accumulated shredded foam tires, I was too lazy to thoroughly clean the car after the airtronics race.
A lot of guys have had that prob with the ins box including me, filling with foam cause like u I had the ports facing forward, I was told by a longtime racer at the airtronics race, that the ins box ports should be facing back so it can capture the clean air coming over the roof of the car....have since turned mine, no more build up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.