Search

LRP SXX StockSpec ESC

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 06:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Out of Stock!!!
Old 01-28-2011, 07:11 AM
Tech Adept

My SXX is in the trash. I Didn't return it because I did so manny times.
In started with the SXX and chnaged to the GM. Now I have a Tekin and I am happy that I changed from speedo. Service is much better.
Updates were there before LRP came with it and my speedo's still run and i can't say that from my LRP. I have had 6 new SXX speedo's because the other speedo's stopted wrking in a race. Even power los after a few runs.
Autside that, the speedo was to slow.
My club members with a LRP switch from speedo as they must buy the V2.
Than all LRP drivers are gone.
Already some drivers changed to Tekin and GM. Some drivers will get the HW or the SP.
Old 01-30-2011, 07:29 PM
Tech Adept

Hi there, I am looking for some help. Ran my Yokomo R12 for the first time last weekend and it was not fast.

I currently have the LRP SXX competition version 2 and a vector X12 4.0T motor.

Tried everything but still very slow. I notice on the motor it needs 4.8V and I currently use 1 cell lipo at 3.7V.

The ESC has the Twin Bec producing 6.0V..

What is the problem?
Old 01-30-2011, 10:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chubba
Hi there, I am looking for some help. Ran my Yokomo R12 for the first time last weekend and it was not fast.

I currently have the LRP SXX competition version 2 and a vector X12 4.0T motor.

Tried everything but still very slow. I notice on the motor it needs 4.8V and I currently use 1 cell lipo at 3.7V.

The ESC has the Twin Bec producing 6.0V..

What is the problem?
What rollout were you running?
Old 01-31-2011, 12:05 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Hugh Jazz
What rollout were you running?
Sorry I am new to this..what does that mean?

I am using all as standard. nothing has been changed within the motor.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

So guys......this is NOT the speedo to get for 17.5 1/12th racing????? I'm in the market right now and its between this speedo, the SXX v2 and the unreleased 1s Viper speedo.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:01 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JayBee
So guys......this is NOT the speedo to get for 17.5 1/12th racing????? I'm in the market right now and its between this speedo, the SXX v2 and the unreleased 1s Viper speedo.
I think it is more a motor issue I am having....
Old 01-31-2011, 09:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Chubba:
He means what is the number of teeth on your pinion and spur gear, and what is the diameter of the rear tire you are using? Using this you can calculate how far the car will travel per motor revolution (rollout).

(3.14159*tire diameter)/(spur/pinion)=rollout
Old 01-31-2011, 05:25 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by gacjr0
Chubba:
He means what is the number of teeth on your pinion and spur gear, and what is the diameter of the rear tire you are using? Using this you can calculate how far the car will travel per motor revolution (rollout).

(3.14159*tire diameter)/(spur/pinion)=rollout
I am running

(3.14159 x 43)/(90/23)= 34.549

I also have the motor as stock with 12.5mm rotor. I see from other websites I need to change to 12.25mm rotor for the motor to handle a low V of 1s lipo right?

Thanks
Old 02-01-2011, 08:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jrxs-r
Good question... I would like to hear about that too... Mine has been sitting in the pitbag since the cogging issues, and not in use.
Come on LRP, are you going update our sxx ss?

I also have one thats been setting in my pitbag for mouths because of cogging issues. It was in the car for all of 20 min. and could not get it to work.

I just want what I bought to workand if I can send it in for update it would be in the mail flash.

Any help would be great.

THX,

brent
Old 02-03-2011, 06:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Old 02-03-2011, 08:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Have you tried giving customer service a call (949) 544-7500? I think there are only like 3-4 employees that peruse these forums, A little phone call, mail drop off and I am sure you could have that thing back in a car in no time.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:11 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by i1justin
Have you tried giving customer service a call (949) 544-7500? I think there are only like 3-4 employees that peruse these forums, A little phone call, mail drop off and I am sure you could have that thing back in a car in no time.
Not that it is likely to work properly, but they will probably upgraded to the latest cog software.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:35 AM
Tech Addict

We'll try to be more active on forums again, but in case of questions or problems it's always better to contact your countries distributor by phone or email directly and not wait for responses here as we don't follow the user forums frequently (and I work at LRP Germany and can not speak for our US distributor Team Associated). Thanks for your understanding.

Some help & information...

SXX StockSpec Version2:
So far the response on the new SXX-SS V2 is extremely positive, drivers are super-happy with it's performance & reliability.
It should be available worldwide in all shops shortly, it unfortunately usually takes longer then we're also hoping for in certain cases to "fill the chain".

USB Bridge / Firmware Updates:
the PC-software and speedo firmware files were removed from the website because there seems to be a small bug with the PC-software which can result in "frozen" speedos during updating. In the worst case such speedos need to be sent in for repair!
We currently try to locate & fix this problem and until then we'll obviously not distribute the PC-software. As soon as this is fixed, which could be early next week or even 3 weeks away, the required files will be made available again.

Attached you find the firmware history for the software's at least for the moment already (will be on the website as well of course).

Updateability:
The firmware updates are only possible within a speed-control family, this means if you have a modified SXX StockSpec Version2 you can not use SXX Modified Version2 firmware (no matter if "Competition" or "TC" model) on that speedo and vice-versa.
The reason is that the differences between the speedos are more then just firmware and there's also slightly different hardware and this is why we restrict the firmwares to it's intended family.
Attached Files
Old 02-09-2011, 09:44 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
The part about the v1 being upgradable is true. Sean Cochran flashed mine at IIC which gave it new software to deal with cogging, and made it able to take user updates in the future like a v2. I haven't tried it on the track yet, but I will (in my buggy) Tuesday. Zipping it around the basement with an LRP x12 13.5 didn't show any signs of cogging, a combination which was problematic in the past. We'll see how it goes on the track.

Burito you have said that it indeed happened and that it is possible. The message I can not immediately find.

just admit that you prefer new sales.

I'm sure most people with a SXX SS V1 will switch to another brand just like myself

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.