Like Tree2Likes

Xray T4 '13

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 06:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Wink

Originally Posted by Potoczak
Hey guys where can I find a set of t4 shocks at a good price?
The best price I've found was at Superior Hobbies based in Florida. Second choice would be Amain hobbies, followed by Stormer Hobbies. Hope that helps.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by erchn
Amain.

EE
Originally Posted by Team Speedy
The best price I've found was at Superior Hobbies based in Florida. Second choice would be Amain hobbies, followed by Stormer Hobbies. Hope that helps.
Thanks guys I will take a look at those stores.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:32 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Potoczak
Hey guys where can I find a set of t4 shocks at a good price?
rcmarket
Old 04-02-2013, 03:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by klth
rcmarket
+1
Old 04-02-2013, 11:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Seeing how most of us are in the USA I would suggest going through a vender that is supplied by RCA. Amain etc. your best bet is always your local hobby shop.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

As always, late to the show. Just got my T4.

What options do you guys consider must have/need. Will be racing at NorCal and Speedworld.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vabroom

What options do you guys consider must have/need. Will be racing at NorCal and Speedworld.
If you're running a faster-than-17.5 class, I'd get a front gear diff (with steel outdrives), ESC's, and hard front bumper. Can't think of much else.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vabroom

Just tuning options. Springs sway bars etc.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:03 PM
Tech Master

oh yeah, forgot those
Old 04-03-2013, 12:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I agree with tuning options, and I like ECSs, running Reflex's DCJs. I've never like a gear diff, but I know people running them at NorCal up front.

I don't necessarily agree with the heavy bumper, but I do like the t3 bumper and accompanying plastic mount for more safety on the front of the chassis.

Last edited by erchn; 04-03-2013 at 01:33 PM. Reason: correct old information about ECS
Old 04-03-2013, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by erchn
I don't necessarily agree with the heavy bumper, but I do like the t3 bumper and accompanying plastic mount for more safety on the front of the chassis.
^^This.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:27 PM
Tech Master

I can't say that I even necessarily agree with my own statement of needed a hard bumper. When I first started back racing it was recommended to me to use a hard bumper, I did, and never looked back. Therefore, I have zero experience with regular bumpers, how they handle impact, or what the weight does to the vehicle dynamics. Also, I should clarify that personally I get the hard bumper for the hardness, not for the heavy They heavy is just a consequence of the hard.

...i'm tired
Old 04-03-2013, 01:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by samnelso
I can't say that I even necessarily agree with my own statement of needed a hard bumper. When I first started back racing it was recommended to me to use a hard bumper, I did, and never looked back. Therefore, I have zero experience with regular bumpers, how they handle impact, or what the weight does to the vehicle dynamics. Also, I should clarify that personally I get the hard bumper for the hardness, not for the heavy They heavy is just a consequence of the hard.

...i'm tired
From my experience, stock bumper just crumbles on hard impact. Not all the time, but with right angle and with right impact. I've been using hard bumper for 6 months and I'm pretty happy about it. Still keeps the shape nicely and seems to have handled the impact pretty well. I usually don't make any big crash or accident but I have flown my car out of the tracks quite a few times and the bumper has held it well.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by samnelso
If you're running a faster-than-17.5 class, I'd get a front gear diff (with steel outdrives), ESC's, and hard front bumper. Can't think of much else.
Sam, can you explain the advantage of gear diff over solid axle on MOD classes?
Old 04-03-2013, 01:48 PM
Tech Master

I'm not sure how the below aligns with theory, but it's my personal experience. Also note that my exp. is limited to carpet.

Modified magnifies all setup changes. There are many times in stock that I make a change and want to notice a difference, but honestly don't. In mod, that same change will make a difference and will be noticed.

My feeling is the gear diff allows me get into and through the mid of the corner more efficiently. Off-power steering seems greatly increased. For me, steering is king in mod and i'm always looking for more, particularly off power or under braking where tremendous amounts of weight is transferred to the front and the steering needs to get to work, quickly. From my experience in mod, albeit limited, most of my time in a turn can be gained getting into and through the middle of the corner. I'm waiting to get through the corner just enough so I can get back on the power and the longer I have to wait, the slower the lap is. The power of the mod will finish the exit of the corner off pretty consistently and I don't feel much time lost there. The gear diff also seems to aid in settling the car on-power on corner exit. Same holds true, but to a lesser degree, in 13.5. 17.5, i've never ran a gear diff, but don't see a need as i usually have plenty of steering and don't want to loose the forward traction of the spool. In 17.5 there usually isn't an issue getting into a corner fast, so that seemingly negates the advantage of the gear diff.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.