Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Atsushi Hara Leaving HB-HPI

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 04:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Not sure anyone is debating the top ten guys are not the best in the world. The analogies for a guy like Hara are that he is expected to win since he was so dominate and when he only gets tenth place, that is under performing. While the rest of us would just like to dream to make the A-Main.

Same thing if Michael Phelps goes to the Olympics and gets bronze or worse. That is under performing as he is that dominate and expected to get gold. There are plenty of folks that would just like to make the Olympic team much less win any medal.

Same thing when Tiger woods doesn't win every tournament and only gets 5th place and wins over $1M. You get the point. Not one person here is saying he sucks, he under performed for the results he usually gets.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

No disrespect you raise some good points but I think there was somewhat unrealistic expectations. To do as well as he has for as long as he has is a true testament of his abilities.

PS I don't think you can compare motorsport or rc to those examples it is its own unique beast.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by frozenpod
No disrespect you raise some good points but I think there was somewhat unrealistic expectations. To do as well as he has for as long as he has is a true testament of his abilities.

PS I don't think you can compare motorsport or rc to those examples it is its own unique beast.
Fair enough. That's why forums are great. We can all have our own opinions. I am a huge Hara fan by the way and think he should have never left HB. I expected him to be in contention for the win and was disappointed watching the race progress. Also a Hebert fan and he didn't fair so well either. To me both were disappointing but that's just because I wanted either of those two to win.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goin2drt
Fair enough. That's why forums are great. We can all have our own opinions. I am a huge Hara fan by the way and think he should have never left HB. I expected him to be in contention for the win and was disappointed watching the race progress. Also a Hebert fan and he didn't fair so well either. To me both were disappointing but that's just because I wanted either of those two to win.
Agreed, Hara came so close in 2012 if I recall correctly he missed out to Jilles on time and only by 13/100th of a second.

It would have been great to see Hara take the win with HB.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by inpuressa
Imo, Hara is a sort of a test pilot. I wouldn't be surprised if his car was in box stock form. His reason for being with them is not to win races. Perhaps he has other plans. That's my hunch.
x 1000.
Old 10-14-2014, 05:34 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bukil
x 1000.
I saw the car, not stock just bad luck
Old 10-14-2014, 08:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by porsche928gs
I saw the car, not stock just bad luck
I wasn't referring to the car. It was the test pilot comment.
Old 10-14-2014, 09:37 AM
Tech Adept

Don't forget that Hara is a professional driver, he gets paid to drive these little cars we enjoy as hobby. So its not so much the particular car that attracts him to drive but the figure on the paycheck
Old 10-14-2014, 10:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Remember this...he ran almost anything that has 4 wheels and can get to the A-main on any of those. Off Road 1/8th WC, TC WC...electric off road at Reedy invitation, 12th scale @ WC racing against Masami.........1/8th nitro on road, 1/10th nitro on road.....etc

I forgot where I saw (probably RedRC) he was still adjusting from 1/8th nitro buggy driving style to TC within 7 days, and he is racing against those ONLY run TC and have more then a year to prepare for this race ONLY driver....technically, he just pick up the car and radio after the 1/8th WC and lay it down......

And last........he is ON THE A-MAIN, the only driver that can actually compare with him is Naoto...almost won the 12th and almost won the 4WD buggy WC, but he too was not racing nitro 1/8th, nor 1/8th nitro on road and nitro 200mm....that HARA will be attending next month with Mugen. (I think).

Yes, may be the only racing that he is not good at is 1/10th drifting.....but may be he is the DRIFT KING in TOYKO actually...LOL
Old 10-14-2014, 02:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Castradamus
He was not there #1 driver at the time. It was Masami Hirosaka and I would consider that competition. Isn't he only contracted to Yokomo for certain races? I believe he is focusing more on Sworks and I think they might be planning a Touring Car at some point.

Here it is for anyone that wants to watch his first win.

ISTC 2000
wow.. i've never seen that much dots and cones on a single race track
Old 10-14-2014, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
Remember this...he ran almost anything that has 4 wheels and can get to the A-main on any of those. Off Road 1/8th WC, TC WC...electric off road at Reedy invitation, 12th scale @ WC racing against Masami.........1/8th nitro on road, 1/10th nitro on road.....etc

I forgot where I saw (probably RedRC) he was still adjusting from 1/8th nitro buggy driving style to TC within 7 days, and he is racing against those ONLY run TC and have more then a year to prepare for this race ONLY driver....technically, he just pick up the car and radio after the 1/8th WC and lay it down......

And last........he is ON THE A-MAIN, the only driver that can actually compare with him is Naoto...almost won the 12th and almost won the 4WD buggy WC, but he too was not racing nitro 1/8th, nor 1/8th nitro on road and nitro 200mm....that HARA will be attending next month with Mugen. (I think).

Yes, may be the only racing that he is not good at is 1/10th drifting.....but may be he is the DRIFT KING in TOYKO actually...LOL
Give Hara a few hours or maybe a day, you could probably drift circles around the most accomplished r/c drifters. His driving and adaptation skills are incredible. Like you side, he always seem to end up in the A-main of any race he attends and rarely qualifies near the back of said A-main.

If I only had 1/64th of his driving skills...........................
Old 10-21-2014, 09:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

From the always awesome Kentech Blog.

Hara with an ARC?

Mike
Old 10-21-2014, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

I wonder whos F-1 he is running in the background
Old 10-21-2014, 10:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I think his contract is up now! I wonder how it went!
Old 10-21-2014, 10:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Hara and the owner of ARC are friends and he was doing some testing for them around the rear active toe setup. I am pretty sure nothing is decided yet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.