What FM Receiver to buy?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What FM Receiver to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 04:07 PM
Tech Initiate

After reading the first 20 pages of the Spectrum thread in this forum I'm a little scared of this system. If it's one thing I hate it's radio problems. Seems like it's a hit or miss type thing. Some guys get one that's great and someone else gets a lemon. Has the system been improved that much?
Jim
Old 07-10-2007, 04:30 PM
Tech Adept

Novak XXL
A great receiver, works with most crystal makes and very reliable.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jpelosi
After reading the first 20 pages of the Spectrum thread in this forum I'm a little scared of this system. If it's one thing I hate it's radio problems. Seems like it's a hit or miss type thing. Some guys get one that's great and someone else gets a lemon. Has the system been improved that much?
Jim
sigh...

How about reading the last 20 pages...after all the guys with LRPs got caps, people learned how to bind the receivers and the initial software update for the guys that run on carpet who occasionally had a static issue.

I've never had one single issue, ever...neither have any of my friends...we all run it. Most of my stuff is early, un-updated and has been flawless.

The heat sheets at the local tracks are 80-90% Spektrum now and the number of super-annoying... "WHO'S ON 74? WHO'S ON 74? WHO'S ON 74? WHO'S ON 74? 74? 74? 74? 74? 74? 74? 74?" call-outs has dropped to nearly zero.

So...no, they haven't "improved" that much, it was great to begin with and it's great now.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:13 PM
Tech Initiate

LOL, sorry I don't have the energy to read 75+ pages. I think the 2.0 system looks like it suites my needs.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Location: Beautiful Downtown L.A. Where the sky is always on fire and the grass is always brown
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

My next radio will probably be this one: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...1&I=LXPZT7&P=3

Of Course I'll wait until Airtronics releases theirs and see what the cost will be on those. (are they out yet?)
Old 07-10-2007, 06:16 PM
Tech Initiate

What's the advantage of the Futaba version over the Spectrum? It looks like a high quality unit as most Futaba products are. I like the Easy Pay option Tower offers too...... hmmm
Jim
Old 07-10-2007, 09:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have what you need and cheap. Prices do not include postage/shipping... but that would be pretty cheap too.

http://www.utahrc.com/site/op/forums...m_topicid/9986