Wiki Posts
Search

Motor stand/holder

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 09:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)
Default Motor stand/holder

I need to buy a motor stand/holder for breaking in and testing my motors. Unfortunately I can't find them at the LHS, online retailers, etc. The local guys that have 'em they're from companies that went out of business when RC10's still had gold aluminum chassis or made them themselves from pieces I can't find and they can't remember where they got 'em. If I do a google or e-Bay search for "motor stand" I get nothing but references to "stand-up brushes". "Motor holder" returns what I call motor mounts.

PLEASE--can somebody point me to a couple choices for these? Maybe I'm calling them the wrong thing, but it seems like a fairly common piece of equipment and I can't find one to save my life.

Thanks,

Scottrik
Old 10-09-2005, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

www.teambrood.com

I have both an aluminum clamp and a timing gauge holder...

Later EddieO
Old 10-09-2005, 09:56 AM
Tech Addict

Stormer hobbies www.stormerhobbies.com has the RPM motor work station part#rpm81292 for $10.95 I have one and it works great for breaking in motors and soldering brushes.
Old 10-10-2005, 04:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)
Default There's two options...

...are there any others?

Nice looking piece Eddie.

Thanks guys,

Scottrik
Old 10-10-2005, 05:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

www.tresleonard.com makes custom ones using either your current paint scheme or use a general idea to make it the way you want.
Quality is fantastic and mine has held up to the abuse that I put it through and it still looks almost new.
Just email him exactly what you want and he will do it up for you.
-Shookie <><
Old 10-10-2005, 05:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I'm a big fan of the RPM Motor Break in Station. Works a treat and is especially good if you like to break in motors using a slave motor.
Old 10-10-2005, 05:51 AM
Tech Elite

What is it that you are looking for your motor stand to do?

For example, we stock a Much-More Motor Pit Stand which is very small and allows you to sit the motor endbell-up - great for working on the brushes, no good for running a motor in.

Much-More also make a horizontal-clamp type of stand that is similar to the new Yokomo stand and the RPM Motor Stand. Great for running motors in.

Jet make a couple of motor stands too - one is a Timing Gauge that pins the motor in place, endbell up, and can also be used as a shock and tool stand. The other is a simple horizontal clamping Motor Stand.

So as you can see there are lots of different ways of holding a motor!
Old 10-10-2005, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Well, the RPM stand is not bad....I used them for a long time. But they wear out a bit over time and become loose fitting. They are also 3 parts, so often one gets lost from falling out.

The Much More unit is the Kose unit, actually both of them are. Much More just has them made for them, with their name on them. I import both of those also.....I just have not got them on the site yet.

I saw pics of the yokomo one a while back at a hobby show....looks nice, but Yokomo stuff can be a pain in the ass to get.

Later EddieO