Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree19Likes

2wd buggy from tekno????? (roomer)??? or fact

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2019, 07:20 PM
Tech Regular

Location: northern Indiana southern Michigan all depends on the day.
Default 2wd buggy from tekno????? (roomer)??? or fact

I'm not one for starting rumors or perpetuating them. So I'd like to hear from anyone that might know or heard better of seen on on the track.

Ok soooo word on the street is tekno has a 2wd buggy in the works. Well really my track owners word. Normal I would not believe him he has a way of over exaggerating things and clamming shit that's he can't back up.

Anyway I don't mean the mip 2wd conversation for the 4wd buggy. And I don't care if it is nothing more them a prototype destined to never be released. Like most 2wd buggy (unlike Durango's 210f) that got to raor finals on a carpet track.

Soooo if there any merit to this roomer I'd like to hear it. Even if it not a plan to be released.

Personal I'd like it to be purely roomer and false. As my track owners is a blow hard and not liked much.

But I'd also like a teckno 2wd rc too soooo

Anyway plz no trolls. Just has anyone seen on first had(not the mip conversation)

Last edited by killer rock; 04-06-2019 at 07:22 PM. Reason: miss leading title
Old 04-06-2019, 07:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

dude... rumor
Lonestar, Dan, Bob Barry and 8 others like this.
Old 04-06-2019, 09:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Tankno

would be nice I run a lot of Tekno my boys call it tankno
Old 04-06-2019, 10:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I wouldn’t doubt a 2wd buggy would be Tekno’s next release. Especially with Tebo winning the Reedy 4wd with a EB410 and having to run AE for 2wd.

All we can do is wait and hope. It would really be nice to have another addition to my Tekno collection 😎

And don’t be so hard on your tracks owner liking to exaggerate about things. There are far worse things that can piss someone off. At least you have a track to run on. 🤙
Old 04-07-2019, 06:37 AM
Tech Regular

I agree with you. Having a track ten minutes down the road is extremely nice. And believe it or not I'm trying to be as nice as possible as his mouth is killing the track.
Shnoo likes this.
Old 04-07-2019, 07:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

I spoke with a TEKNO Team Manager about this rumor a few weeks back, he said they are focusing on the 2.0 release for the 1/8 buggies right now, no official word on 2WD coming anytime soon, but he did say "anything's possible down the road"... you can take that for what it's worth on any rumors you want to believe.
Old 04-08-2019, 04:40 AM
Tech Adept

It´s strange that they don´t already have a 2wd car.
Old 04-08-2019, 06:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

It took 5 years for them to develop the EB410, then another couple of years making revisions with "running updates", TEKNO has a solid track record of not rushing things to put out a quality product... I would be more concerned if they quickly rushed a mediocre product out the door just a make a quick buck, only to piss off their customers later... I would rather them take their time and do things right the first time.... hopefully without any running updates on the 2WD... lots of lessons learned with the EB410 already

EB410 Behind the design part 1
EB410 Behind the design part 2
EB410 Behind the design part 3
Old 04-08-2019, 06:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

They will release when they are ready, if they do at all! I find it nice that they are focused on their 4wd cars, remember when HPI and Durango spread themselves thin with too many offerings! And im sure they are not in a rush like Tamiya was when they cloned the Associated buggy either, lol.
Old 04-08-2019, 12:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Too busy with the new 1/8 buggy right now
Old 04-08-2019, 12:33 PM
Tech Addict

Hard enough to post some setup sheets.
Old 04-08-2019, 07:55 PM
Tech Regular

Not a problem. I would not want a rush to purduction truck anyways. Just want to make sure my local track owner was really just running his mouth again 😄 . Altho I have no interest in racing it. I would own it. Good to know that there focusing on there bread and butter.
Old 08-06-2019, 07:09 AM
Tech Master

I’m not one to light a spark on old rumors, BUT... Tebo just placed 2nd in the 2WD class at a race held in Omaha over the weekend. I would normally write this off, but the article did say, “Tekno’s Jared Tebo”.... It would be weird for them to mention Tekno by name if they didn’t have a horse in the race, and I don’t think that Jared would be restricted from running another brand if Tekno didn’t have a car in that class. Of course, the podium picture had to be kind of fuzzy and only show the rear half of his buggy, but it looks like I was able to make out the Tekno logo on the side.

Anyway, just sayin’...
Old 08-06-2019, 07:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TurnNBurn
I’m not one to light a spark on old rumors, BUT... Tebo just placed 2nd in the 2WD class at a race held in Omaha over the weekend. I would normally write this off, but the article did say, “Tekno’s Jared Tebo”.... It would be weird for them to mention Tekno by name if they didn’t have a horse in the race, and I don’t think that Jared would be restricted from running another brand if Tekno didn’t have a car in that class. Of course, the podium picture had to be kind of fuzzy and only show the rear half of his buggy, but it looks like I was able to make out the Tekno logo on the side.

Anyway, just sayin’...
He's allowed to run the Associated kit for 2WD buggy.
Old 08-08-2019, 12:31 AM
Tech Adept

I had the same random thought the other day and am Just now stumbling on this thread. I too was interested in the 1/10 2wd stuff as that is what I run (stadium, short course, and buggy) so I emailed Tekno to find out what the odds were of them releasing a 2wd 1/10 kit, presumably buggy in the near future. I am kind of leisurely shopping around for a 4wd buggy kit and I like having parts interchange between kits. The EB410 seems like a real winner. I would consider selling off my HPI/ HB racing stuff to go "full Tekno" (que the dance music and light show) if it was an option. Durability is a big deal for me hence why I started with HPI and been maintaining it for nearly 10 years (Blitz ESE still going strong). I feel like all the manufactures have really upped their game in that time in the durability department, but am curious what others opinions are on that subject.
I certainly appreciate Tekno's patience on entering new markets and primary focus on product and performance. pretty awesome really.

Anyways, here is the response I got.

Tekno RC <[email protected]> (sent by [email protected])

Aug 7, 2019, 12:04 PM (12 hours ago)
to me

Dan,
We are interested in entering a few of the markets you mentioned, however these ventures take time. With the popularity of our brand growing we continue to bring innovation and new products to the table.However I can say that at this time we are not going to release a 2wd kit in the immediate future and will probably not have one ready for the public for a while.Great things take time Thanks for your interest in our products however and hope that one day we will be your brand of choice.Best regards,Thomas Jones
idlecurrent likes this.

Last edited by dnsducks; 08-09-2019 at 04:57 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.