Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen Seiki MTX-3 vs. Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2004, 10:28 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally posted by modellor
Very true but considering the 710 was designed and I believe even tested before the 705 came on the market they have had plenty of time to get the car right. The 705 came about because Serpent was unsure about taking a brand new car to the World Cup in Ohio and so they decided to introduce the 705 to get the maximum performance out of the impulse platform which was rather dated.
Old 03-25-2004, 12:44 PM
Tech Master

wat about the r40?
Old 03-25-2004, 01:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yea that car is okay, I have already looked at it. I think Atushi Hara won the IFMAR race becuase of his skill. I don't really trust HPI after my cousin bought his nitro rs4 and as soon as he broke in the engine the clutch screwed up. He was going like at 20 mph and it was shifting up to 2nd and for some reason it did not allow him to go faster or slower and it ended up hitting the mailbox He was all like

Anyway, I was wondering how much horsepower that Novamega engine that I chose has. When I asked serpent and that guy that Marcos told me he just told what engine I needed and then he hung up.

Thanks!,
Nirav Patel
Old 03-25-2004, 03:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Do you guys think that the Novamega engine that I am going to buy is ROAR legal and has a higher horepower than the Novarossi NS3 Race?
Old 03-25-2004, 04:55 PM
Tech Adept

If this is going to be your first nitro car maybe you shouldn't be worried about how much horse power you need. You should get a decent motor that you can easily tune yourself and leave the power to the guys that know what they are doing!!

First thing is first..........
Old 03-25-2004, 06:46 PM
Tech Addict

sometimes getting a lot of point of views will make you even harder to decide.....make your own choice. from your narrowed selection you will not go wrong with either of the the 2. it really boils down on the style of driving you will develop. try it and learn from from what you will experienced. its part of rc life......
Old 03-25-2004, 06:51 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by kreidel
I have owned the MTX3 and then bought the Serpent 710 when it came out. The 710 to me is the best qualifiying car out there, but for the longer mains I would want the MTX3 myself. Not that the 710 wont finish a long main but I hated the fact that if I messed up or someone else messed up and hit me that chances were good something would break. I raced a couple 30 minute mains without problems but after breaking in a warmup due to a minor crash that pulled the rear pivotball out I decided that my Mugen was better suited for me and my environments. Having a few parts on hand will make life easier with a 710 and you shouldnt shy away from it because I feel it might have a slight advantage over the others.
kreidel, it is sad that you gave the car up early without giving it more time and patience to solve the minor problem yourself (which you can) before Serpent updates the arms. All cars have their teething problems when they come out. And it is also sad that you gave that advantage away to Marcos !
Old 03-25-2004, 08:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yeah I know what you are talking about FAST,
but I want to get the best engine I can. I don't want to spend more money on another engine just to be race worthy. Just to remind you guys, I have raced electrics for 2 years so I know how to handle a car. As for the tuning, I will follow the directions and do my best.
Old 03-25-2004, 08:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Well..I don't know much about 710..but..I used to have 705 and it was a big dissapointment to me! I have problem with the car left and right!! Parts are very expensive!! and I have a hard time keeping the car together! ...may be it was just me!! LOL..

But..then I decided to get me a MTX-3 !! and WOW... I really like the car!! I think it's much easier to tune and setup. Easier to drive...and parts are cheap!! at least cheaper than the Serpent!! I'll stay with the MTX3 for sure this year

...Oh..and I forgot to mention... I hate to buy a new car and then 8months later...a new version (better one) come out and I have to pay more to up grade....this sux bad!!
Old 03-25-2004, 08:50 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by superk
Well..I don't know much about 710..but..I used to have 705 and it was a big dissapointment to me! I have problem with the car left and right!! Parts are very expensive!! and I have a hard time keeping the car together! ...may be it was just me!! LOL..
beware of snake bite !!!!
Old 03-25-2004, 08:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally posted by Manticore
beware of snake bite !!!!
Luckily for me, my car has built in snake repellent.
Old 03-25-2004, 08:56 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by mckrooz
Luckily for me, my car has built in snake repellent.

oh, the idiot snake is more poison, just a reminder.
Old 03-25-2004, 10:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by InitialD
kreidel, it is sad that you gave the car up early without giving it more time and patience to solve the minor problem yourself (which you can) before Serpent updates the arms. All cars have their teething problems when they come out. And it is also sad that you gave that advantage away to Marcos !
D, I sometimes regret it but I might pick another one up after they have worked some of those issues out or just get the 710R when it is available. It's not that I couldnt have solved the problems eventually I just am not a patient man. I actually owned 2 710's and used the second kit as a parts car...Marcos ended up with my race car and has been sucessful with it.
Old 03-25-2004, 10:21 PM
Tech Prophet

Marcos ended up with my race car and has been sucessful with it.
Marcos' the man ! Does not matter which car you end up with as long as it lets you enjoy the hobby to the max !
Old 03-25-2004, 10:26 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

D, I sometimes regret it but I might pick another one up after they have worked some of those issues out or just get the 710R when it is available. It's not that I couldnt have solved the problems eventually I just am not a patient man. I actually owned 2 710's and used the second kit as a parts car...Marcos ended up with my race car and has been sucessful with it.
THANKS KEVIN!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.