Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nitro Engine for V-One RR Evo

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 10:44 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Nitro Engine for V-One RR Evo

I'm planning to purchase a used V-one RR EVO in about a week, its nothing but a rolling chassis, doesn't have anything. I was just wondering what kind of engine I would need for it? I know I'd be needing a .12 rear exhaust bump start engine, but I'd like some suggestions. I'd also like to ask about the different kinds of nitro engines. I see some engines that come with something called an 'SG' crankshaft. What are the different types of crankshafts for a nitro engine and what are the pros-cons and the reasons why one or the other is used in a certain type of vehicle.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:00 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Miki01
I'm planning to purchase a used V-one RR EVO in about a week, its nothing but a rolling chassis, doesn't have anything. I was just wondering what kind of engine I would need for it? I know I'd be needing a .12 rear exhaust bump start engine, but I'd like some suggestions. I'd also like to ask about the different kinds of nitro engines. I see some engines that come with something called an 'SG' crankshaft. What are the different types of crankshafts for a nitro engine and what are the pros-cons and the reasons why one or the other is used in a certain type of vehicle.
If you have a chance, try to pick up a Sirio Evo3 for your RR. Its a great combination with the car.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:09 AM
Tech Rookie

Do you have a link to it?
Old 02-01-2006, 11:28 AM
Tech Initiate

Stock or modified??
Old 02-01-2006, 11:35 AM
Tech Rookie

Stock? Modified? I'm still new to this nitro thing, the only stock/modified stuff that I know about are that of electric motors! Explain please

Last edited by Miki01; 02-01-2006 at 11:49 AM.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:29 AM
Tech Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by Miki01
Stock? Modified? I'm still new to this nitro thing, the only stock/modified stuff that I know about are that of electric motors! Explain please
Stock is basically a motor out of the box. The evo3 is very fast stock so I would try that approach first.
Old 02-02-2006, 03:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

try OS 12TZ. It's fast, reliable, and duburable. Many people have been very very satisfied with it.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Alright, I'll check those engines out. Also, I was looking through the OS Engines site and it said something on a chart about Standard, Short and Pilot shafts, also, there's stuff about rotary and slide carburetors, what's the pro-con of using one or the other? Is the V1RR meant to use a specific one?