Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree17Likes

Sweep Racing Tires 1/10th Sedan thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 02:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

I think that the premounted comes with the same insert (pink) well so far that's only what I found inside.

But if you buy your tyres and your wheels separately, nothing stops you to fit whatever insert you want, I used to mount my wheels before and with takeoff's SSA, SSB or CS we used to have foam, soft, medium and hard inserts inside.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

Sweep tires are re-stocked at TQ RC RACING.

Click Here to see the re-stocked items.

FYI, Thanks.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:25 AM
Tech Elite

Smile

Originally Posted by theoneandonly
Thank you !Where can i get the OG spec?
Please check out the link below.
http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=1932

Thanks.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:12 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spring71
Sweep tires are re-stocked at TQ RC RACING.

Click Here to see the re-stocked items.

FYI, Thanks.
your sweep exp 30 still only have a set in stock
Old 08-15-2011, 11:30 AM
Tech Master

When and why was the change made on the EXP 30/36 asphalt sets to use the traditional sized (thinner) SWA-S pinks instead of the (slightly thicker) EXP-S?

I've had AMAZING grip with the EXP inserts in the 30 and 36, not sure how the thinner and narrower SWAs are going to perform. With the EXP inserts on carpet and asphalt, I've had almost as much grip as Sorex, AMAZING wear compared to Sorex, and a longer "window of grip" and temperature tolerance, at a fraction of the price!

ETA: I order parts and glue up my own tires, but my local track will be stocking them, and I noticed that the chart on the Sweep web page had changed with respect to the parts make-up. Wondering how they're being packaged/shipped for over the counter sales?
Old 08-15-2011, 11:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The thinner ones worked on a wider variety of tracks. They offer a little more airgap which allows the tire to warm up faster, stay slightly cooler though the run, and provide more forward traction. They work good!

On another Note, Kody Knudson and myself ran the annual Fantasy World Summer Sizzler in Tacoma, WA. Kody took a commanding lead all throughout qualifying and the mains in the Open Modified class to bring home a well deserved win. Myself... well lets just say I got some testing done . I finished 4th overall, but was able to lend support to those that needed it.

We also did some solid testing on the OG spec tires. I have to say we were both very impressed. They were a tick slower than the EXP 36's because they didn't make the car feel so aggressive, but they wore like iron. The mold seam was still visible after a few runs, and they provided consistent traction through the run. I'm happy to say that these are a GREAT spec tire, and everyone should give them a shot if they want a more economical alternative to the EXP line. I'm sure you'll be happy .

-Korey
Old 08-15-2011, 11:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Oh, also... a majority of the racers this last weekend were on a variety of Sweep tires. EXP 30s and 36's were the most common depending on which class and driving style . It was awesome to see a bunch of yellow dish rims around the track!
Old 08-15-2011, 04:06 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
The thinner ones worked on a wider variety of tracks. They offer a little more airgap which allows the tire to warm up faster, stay slightly cooler though the run, and provide more forward traction. They work good!

On another Note, Kody Knudson and myself ran the annual Fantasy World Summer Sizzler in Tacoma, WA. Kody took a commanding lead all throughout qualifying and the mains in the Open Modified class to bring home a well deserved win. Myself... well lets just say I got some testing done . I finished 4th overall, but was able to lend support to those that needed it.

We also did some solid testing on the OG spec tires. I have to say we were both very impressed. They were a tick slower than the EXP 36's because they didn't make the car feel so aggressive, but they wore like iron. The mold seam was still visible after a few runs, and they provided consistent traction through the run. I'm happy to say that these are a GREAT spec tire, and everyone should give them a shot if they want a more economical alternative to the EXP line. I'm sure you'll be happy .

-Korey
I remember when Kody drove a Mini.
Old 08-15-2011, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
I remember when Kody drove a Mini.
WOW..you still troll the Rc boards...lol
Old 08-15-2011, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

Smile

Originally Posted by littlealex
your sweep exp 30 still only have a set in stock
How many sets you need ? It's selling out fast.

It will be re-stocked more.

Thanks.
Old 08-30-2011, 06:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default New Dealer for Sweep Racing USA

Lakefield Hobby & Game in Lakefield Ontario, Canada is now a dealer for Sweep Racing USA.

Kawartha Radio Controlled Racers will be using Real Blues as our spec tire for Touring Car & GT2 for regular club races and the Kawartha Cup Winter Points Series. We are also going to test the Sweep Mini 40* as a spec tire for Mini Mod.

:t ire:

http://www.lakefieldhobbyandgame.com/
Old 08-30-2011, 10:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What do you mean by mini Mod??? Open everything: esc,motors, gearing, modifications,etc.......
Old 08-30-2011, 11:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default News Flash

Jilles Groskamp joins Sweep Racing Welcome to the team Jilles!!!
Old 08-30-2011, 11:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Got a set of 32 to try on yellow wheels, well extremely disapointed again, run on asphalt, warm weather, track at 30, I run them 3 times (5mn) and on the 4th my son took them on his TC6, the middle band on one of the front tyre went, totally cut off the sides of tyre, he actually lost the band, we did not run them during a race, just on tries.

Not sure if they were EXP or other, did not keep the label.

Anyway, again, not a pleased customer.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
What do you mean by mini Mod??? Open everything: esc,motors, gearing, modifications,etc.......
That's correct. Might use a control tire, everything else is open.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.