Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 02:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jhautz
C-hubs, blades for the dog bones, plastic spool out drives, are the things I have broken in my first 2 race days. I also somehow chipped one of the pullys for the belt on the center spur gear assembly. Not exactly sure how, it may just be one of those freak things. Other items that seem like they would be a good idea to have are: shock parts(shafts,plastic caps, o-rings), Optional springs, optional sway bars, gear diff for the front, spare bearing, rear hubs, a set of arms and maybe some steering knuckles and body posts.

The car is actually pretty solid and durable. The things I did break were from stupid hits that deserved something breaking. I pretty much did all of the damage on my first day out. I didn't break a single thing on the 2nd race day. Less hitting the boards, and when I did it was less severe hits.

So far I think this is a great little car.
Thanks! Very much appreciated!
Old 05-21-2012, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R Doyel
Hoping to see some of you out here in California for the Reedy. Today was a warm-up race. A great showing for Associated, with several team drivers attending.

This is only the 3rd time out with the 6.1 and I love this car! A big thanks is due for The Albano's - Joe, and Eric - Helping me get the car working well. Support like this at a local track is why I switched to Associated.

IMG_9734 (2) by 51 wheels, on Flickr
We will have a large team at this one! Schreven, Knudtson and myself are coming from Seattle. See you soon!
Old 05-22-2012, 09:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R Doyel
Hoping to see some of you out here in California for the Reedy. Today was a warm-up race. A great showing for Associated, with several team drivers attending.

This is only the 3rd time out with the 6.1 and I love this car! A big thanks is due for The Albano's - Joe, and Eric - Helping me get the car working well. Support like this at a local track is why I switched to Associated.

IMG_9734 (2) by 51 wheels, on Flickr
Where & When is this?
Old 05-22-2012, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AJSanDiego
Where & When is this?
Norcal Hobbies in Union City, CA (bay area). Race is May 24-27 and it is not too late to sign up!
Old 05-22-2012, 11:15 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

It looks like the last time the Spec-R diff has been mentioned here was September. Is anyone still running them in the rear? If so, what oil are you using to give it a nice smooth feel like a ball diff would give. Mine had it on there when I bought the car and it feels a little snig for my liking and want to go to a lighter oil. And since I dont know whats in there, I want to start over. Thanks in advance for any thoughts you may be able to offer.

I have another one new in package that I was going to put the cleaning putty in for the front diff.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rockin G
It looks like the last time the Spec-R diff has been mentioned here was September. Is anyone still running them in the rear? If so, what oil are you using to give it a nice smooth feel like a ball diff would give. Mine had it on there when I bought the car and it feels a little snig for my liking and want to go to a lighter oil. And since I dont know whats in there, I want to start over. Thanks in advance for any thoughts you may be able to offer.

I have another one new in package that I was going to put the cleaning putty in for the front diff.
No one mentions the spec r diff, because AE has their own diff, and it is much nicer If you have a spec r diff, 1000cst is a popular choice for oil. For the AE diff, most guys run 35wt shock oil
Old 05-22-2012, 05:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default BNIB TC6.1 FS

Have a TC6.1 FS if anyone is interested

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...c6-1-bnib.html
Old 05-22-2012, 09:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Good luck to all the AE guys at the Reedy race!
Old 05-22-2012, 10:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rockin G

I have been using Spec R diff with no problems at all. Very smooth, no leaks even with 40wt shock oil in. Just get the spec R bone blades if you havent filed the driveshaft output cup down
Old 05-23-2012, 10:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
Norcal Hobbies in Union City, CA (bay area). Race is May 24-27 and it is not too late to sign up!
Thanks Rick. Gonna have to see if I can set up a "business trip" to my folks up in the bay!
Old 05-23-2012, 08:55 PM
Tech Adept

Can some please tell me if I'm reading these camber values correctly...sign wise in particular.

Front Left: -0.5 deg

Front Right: -0.5 deg

Rear Left: +2.5 deg

Rear Right: +2.5 deg
Old 05-23-2012, 09:01 PM
Tech Regular

Your values are opposite. Your negatives are positives and positives are negatives
Old 05-23-2012, 09:05 PM
Tech Regular

What are you guys using for servo horns? Stock plastic? If aluminum, which ones fit?
Old 05-23-2012, 09:09 PM
Tech Adept

Yes which ones fit?
Old 05-23-2012, 09:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChampRC
Can some please tell me if I'm reading these camber values correctly...sign wise in particular.
Yup, backwards. You should never run positive camber, ever.

Originally Posted by rbcts
What are you guys using for servo horns? Stock plastic? If aluminum, which ones fit?
Stock plastic. Never had an issue with it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.