Search

What's wrong with my motor?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 06:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default What's wrong with my motor?

Hey guys.

I recently faced this problem with my Yeah Racing 9T Sensorless Brushless motor with 35A ESC combo. When I push my throttle into reverse, I will have problems to go forward and my ESC light will be blinking both red and green (at the same time) when I pull my throttle. I will have then need to reverse it again and again till the motor responds and moves forward.

I'm using Yeah Racing 4000mah 25C Lipo pack to run my car, anw.

So what should I do to overcome this problem? Or is it normal?
Old 12-10-2009, 06:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

1st 9T motor is too much for 35A esc. In other words it will never properly work.

2nd, read the ESC manual and find out what this means: "blinking both red and green (at the same time)"
Old 12-10-2009, 06:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Its a combo, so I assume it will work. As of the manual, can't seem to find anything related to both light blinking at the same time.

Fyi, I've never encounter this a few weeks ago.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:10 PM
Tech Regular

Can you ask the store where you bought it? What system do you have, can you post a link?
Old 12-10-2009, 07:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

I will try to ask the store.
As of the link, it is the same as http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/rc-bru...s-p-28932.html
Old 12-10-2009, 07:53 PM
Tech Regular

Default Yeah Racing (#BM-0012V2) Ultimate Brainpower ESC 35A (Version 2) & 9T Sensorless

On that page, just scroll down and you will see a manual. Read it to see if they mention what those lights mean.

But again, if that is truly 9T motor, that ESC is working very hard. They even say that the ESC is recommended for motor 9T or more turns so you are running it on the edge. But as long as it works and ESC is not too hot...

Last edited by ozvena; 12-11-2009 at 08:05 AM.
Old 12-10-2009, 11:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hmm.. So fat have not experiencing any heat issue with my ESC except for my motor. But it has never gone into the Over-Heat Protection (turn on). I've also added a heatsink with fan to overcome it. Will try to increase my FDR to see if it makes any difference in the temperature.

As of the manual, its not helping.

Last edited by mezan; 12-10-2009 at 11:22 PM.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:00 AM
Tech Elite

Try calibrating the radio to the speedo again if you have already done it. Be sure to have all the adjustments on the throttle channel to zero (neutral/trim) or 100% (epa). Disable everything else (ABS, traction control, etc.).
Old 12-11-2009, 12:06 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

mmm... maybe check your radio settings to make sure the thottle trim is set to zero. Or maybe reset the speed control.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:09 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by niznai
Try calibrating the radio to the speedo again if you have already done it. Be sure to have all the adjustments on the throttle channel to zero (neutral/trim) or 100% (epa). Disable everything else (ABS, traction control, etc.).
I hate when i'm writing to a post and some one beats me to the point
Old 12-11-2009, 12:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by team jeremiah
I hate when i'm writing to a post and some one beats me to the point
Hehe! Your servers have just opened their eyes up there, that's why my bytes got there quicker!
Old 12-11-2009, 05:54 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mezan
Hmm.. So fat have not experiencing any heat issue with my ESC except for my motor. But it has never gone into the Over-Heat Protection (turn on). I've also added a heatsink with fan to overcome it. Will try to increase my FDR to see if it makes any difference in the temperature.

As of the manual, its not helping.
There is no "Over-Heat Protection" for your motor, there might be one for the ESC. You should find out what the FDR should be to solve the heat issue.

Increasing the FDR can be the opposite direction you should go, I just do not know. Find out first.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:55 AM
Tech Rookie

Try alternating A to C, C to A and B unchanged.

Last edited by (",); 12-13-2009 at 05:57 PM.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hello guys.

Thanks for all the help. I've just went to the shop where I purchase my ESC and motor combo, turn out its a brushless motor lag. It won't be a problem much if I'm abit more patient. Guess I will have to learn to be a bit more patient.

Anw, I'm currently running 31/104 64pitch gear. So should I increase or decrease my pinion if I would like to increase my FDR? And decrease the motor heat. (I'm still a little bit confuse on this).

Also for those who are running EZRun / XERun, 9T motor, what are your FDR?

My car are used for drifting.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mezan
Hello guys.

Thanks for all the help. I've just went to the shop where I purchase my ESC and motor combo, turn out its a brushless motor lag. It won't be a problem much if I'm abit more patient. Guess I will have to learn to be a bit more patient.

Anw, I'm currently running 31/104 64pitch gear. So should I increase or decrease my pinion if I would like to increase my FDR? And decrease the motor heat. (I'm still a little bit confuse on this).

Also for those who are running EZRun / XERun, 9T motor, what are your FDR?

My car are used for drifting.
decrease your pinion size to help with heat and lag (cogging). a different battery might (maybe) help with the cogging also. I wouldn't be satisfied with the "oh it's just brushless lag" answer. I was going to suggest reversing your throttle channel in the radio and switch a couple of the wires around but, if you're happy with that...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.