Like Tree53Likes

TT-01 Forum

Old 08-05-2007, 12:57 AM
Tech Initiate

hey, I'd like to be able to drift my TT-01 aswell

mine is stock with ball bearings, I just made it but already thinking of hop-ups... I heard my tires wear fast so I guess I'll buy new ones. I couldn't find Yokomo Single Ring tires... I just found Yokomo drift tires, is that the same? are there other hop ups that is a good idea for drifting?

Will these work?

I was just watching this video on youtube and the guy is drifting pretty well, he says it's a stock tt-01, I guess the surface was pretty smoooth... I wanna be able to drift on pavement :/
Old 08-05-2007, 01:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by battlecat
hey, I'd like to be able to drift my TT-01 aswell

mine is stock with ball bearings, I just made it but already thinking of hop-ups... I heard my tires wear fast so I guess I'll buy new ones. I couldn't find Yokomo Single Ring tires... I just found Yokomo drift tires, is that the same? are there other hop ups that is a good idea for drifting?

Will these work?

I was just watching this video on youtube and the guy is drifting pretty well, he says it's a stock tt-01, I guess the surface was pretty smoooth... I wanna be able to drift on pavement :/
yokes single rings are common. its also called DR02. try this link for its image: http://cgi.ebay.ca/YOKOMO-ZR-DR02-ZE...QQcmdZViewItem

basically, its a combination of plastic ring with rubber compund. not too sure whether that high grip radial tires will work as it looks like too much grip.

good luck!
Old 08-05-2007, 07:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

ABS Is definitely the cheapest way to go. Although you'll need to cut it yourself unless you buy some ABS tires off ebay, they last forever.

Sushi drift tires sells his through ebay. He rounds the edges too, which helps in the look/uniformity of the tire. They go for pretty cheap too

Those Yokomo tires I hear are very good, but the rings wear out. I wouldn't let that discourage you though, because they should drift really well.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Mooshu Beef
ABS Is definitely the cheapest way to go. Although you'll need to cut it yourself unless you buy some ABS tires off ebay, they last forever.

Sushi drift tires sells his through ebay. He rounds the edges too, which helps in the look/uniformity of the tire. They go for pretty cheap too

Those Yokomo tires I hear are very good, but the rings wear out. I wouldn't let that discourage you though, because they should drift really well.
hey thanks mooshu, those sushi drift tires here look nice... they come with 3 sets too for so cheap! buy you say they'll last long so, I guess I might not need 3 sets

with these sushi drift ABS tires, can I still drive the car normally or will it skid out all the time?? just wondering

those Yokomo tires look tempting too, because if they drift much better, I won't mind spending the extra cash..

one more question, what's a good pinnion/spur to get for drifting? I would guess that I'd still want good acceleration but higher top speed. someone suggested 25/55, but that was for top speed I think..
Old 08-05-2007, 05:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

hey thanks mooshu, those sushi drift tires here look nice... they come with 3 sets too for so cheap! buy you say they'll last long so, I guess I might not need 3 sets

with these sushi drift ABS tires, can I still drive the car normally or will it skid out all the time?? just wondering

those Yokomo tires look tempting too, because if they drift much better, I won't mind spending the extra cash..

one more question, what's a good pinnion/spur to get for drifting? I would guess that I'd still want good acceleration but higher top speed. someone suggested 25/55, but that was for top speed I think..
yes, 55/25 is good. i just changed my 61/19 (stock) to 55/25 and the car is more responsive now. and of course, it drifts better plus more top speed

happy drifting...
Old 08-05-2007, 06:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Default set up

hi,
what kind of set up would you guys suggest (ie, shocks, gearing, tires, springs, etc)? i am running on a small track with tight corners and a somewhat short backstretch and i am running the stock motor the tt-01 came with. i also have coming alum shaft, bb's and heat sink. any help is appreciated. thanks

jake
Old 08-06-2007, 03:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hi Evad, I don't know much about peak gearing, but I would suggest gearing a little lower than the 55:25 gearing everyone suggests for an all around gearing. If your track has many twists and turns, then I would gear lower, since the TT-01 is hard enough to turn as is... What kind of class is it?

You're going to want your differential as open as possible for those turns, since I have heard and noticed that the TT-01's turning radius isn't that great. If you can afford it, get some lowered springs that are around 0.9 inches and stiff. If you're on a track you're going to need the responsiveness of stiff springs, and the lower stance will stick the weight of the car where you want it.

Someone should give you a suggestion about oil filled dampers, since I have no experience in that realm either. But I believe light oil is what you want for stiffer springs, and heavier oil for soft springs.

Tires: what kind of track is it? Carpet, pavement, etc? All around though foams should be your best bet. If you're really serious about trying to win at this track, get a very high grip but low life foam.

There are tons of things you can buy for the car to make it a racing machine. Just read up in this forum about tuning, I learned a lot that way. And also, play with your car.

If you can, go to the track and experiment. If you don't like something about the handling, write it down. For Example, if you're getting oversteer out of the corner, try softening springs in the back. If you feel your turning radius could be better, you could fiddle around with toe out in the front (since that's the only thing you can adjust on this thing without buying extra arms etc.

If you bring your problems here, I am sure lots of people can help you. I feel like I have a good grasp of the physics of it all, but I could be wrong. Anyone feel free to correct any and all of the mistakes above if any.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Exclamation where to buy pinion/spur gears?

hey guys... I have looked but I can't find where to buy any TT01 spurs/pinions!!

Am I blind? What should I be searching for? "TT01 tuned gears"? "TT01 spurs pinions"?

Does anyone know a website that sells 25T/55T pinion/spurs or other?

Thank you

PS: can I still drive my car fairly normally with ABS drift tires (Sushi Drift) on? Or will it drift every time I turn?
Old 08-07-2007, 10:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

hey guys... I have looked but I can't find where to buy any TT01 spurs/pinions!!

Am I blind? What should I be searching for? "TT01 tuned gears"? "TT01 spurs pinions"?

Does anyone know a website that sells 25T/55T pinion/spurs or other?

Thank you

PS: can I still drive my car fairly normally with ABS drift tires (Sushi Drift) on? Or will it drift every time I turn?
try this: http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/rcp...chassis_id=A05

with ABS you car traction is very low. it will be difficult to turn/drive normally unless u are driving very slowly. u ll notice rear traction is really poor with abs give it a try...
Old 08-08-2007, 02:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by doriftu
try this: http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/rcp...chassis_id=A05

with ABS you car traction is very low. it will be difficult to turn/drive normally unless u are driving very slowly. u ll notice rear traction is really poor with abs give it a try...
that's perfect doriftu !

hmm I see, so I guess I'll want a different set of rims to change tires... those Yokomo rings come with rims correct? Are they the same as ABS, ie. can't drive normally with them on?

trying to decide between the two, sushi drift or yokomo

thanks again!
Old 08-08-2007, 04:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

that's perfect doriftu !

hmm I see, so I guess I'll want a different set of rims to change tires... those Yokomo rings come with rims correct? Are they the same as ABS, ie. can't drive normally with them on?

trying to decide between the two, sushi drift or yokomo

thanks again!
those yokes single ring are sold either with rims or with the tires alone. u have to check it out. as mentioned they are combination of plastic and rubber. if u want to drive normally ie need traction, u ll need to camber the tires a lot to have more contact with the rubber. if u want less traction put to 0deg camber so that the plastic ring is contacting the surface. once u got the tires it will be clearer...

in the end it your call either with sushi or yokes... cheers
Old 08-08-2007, 09:08 PM
Tech Initiate

those yokes single ring are sold either with rims or with the tires alone. u have to check it out. as mentioned they are combination of plastic and rubber. if u want to drive normally ie need traction, u ll need to camber the tires a lot to have more contact with the rubber. if u want less traction put to 0deg camber so that the plastic ring is contacting the surface. once u got the tires it will be clearer...

in the end it your call either with sushi or yokes... cheers
bought the sushi's!

now as for those spurs/pinions, I can't buy them from Tamiya USA (I'm in Canada)... anyone have more suggestions on where to get them? Thank you!
Old 08-08-2007, 10:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

let us know how the sushi tires perform?

u can try rcmart.com. they will ship from HK.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:30 PM
Tech Initiate

let us know how the sushi tires perform?

u can try rcmart.com. they will ship from HK.

I will give an intense review of it, no doubt

I'm buying:

- $50 duratrax piranha charger,
- $40 intellect 4200mAh nimh batt (piranha will charge this right?)
- $4 55T spur (can only find the single one online at tower)
- ~$9 24/25T pinion at LHS
- ~$6 alum prop at LHS
- $? rims at LHS (for drift tires... good idea?)
- $? basher body... not sure, maybe later? (looking for a cheap one, I love my bmw body! it's the same car as the one I totalled )
- ~$5 ceramic grease at LHS

hmm what else...
Old 08-09-2007, 05:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

I will give an intense review of it, no doubt

I'm buying:

- $50 duratrax piranha charger,
- $40 intellect 4200mAh nimh batt (piranha will charge this right?)
- $4 55T spur (can only find the single one online at tower)
- ~$9 24/25T pinion at LHS
- ~$6 alum prop at LHS
- $? rims at LHS (for drift tires... good idea?)
- $? basher body... not sure, maybe later? (looking for a cheap one, I love my bmw body! it's the same car as the one I totalled )
- ~$5 ceramic grease at LHS

hmm what else...
dude, on those gears make sure that they are the same pitch so that they will mesh properly. to be sure, ensure they are for TT01.

well if u got extra cash, splash on a nice set of rims... u can go bling! hehe...

which BMW body u using? the newest one? E90? im looking for a E30 (the squarish 3 series) if u know which beemer im referring to...

oh u can get the steering linkages too... aluminum. or the CF upper deck... the list goes on as long as u have a deep pocket...

happy sliding sideways!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.